“Best hotel in Wildwood Crest, NJ”
Review of Imperial 500 Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Imperial 500 Motel
Ranked #16 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We have been staying at this family owned hotel for years. Everything is conveniently located from the 1 block walk to the beach to restaurants and the boardwalk about 10 blocks away. The hotel has alot of activities such as pool tables, game room, pool, grills and rooms with refridgerators and kitchenetts.

Room Tip: The higher up you stay the better the view of the beach
2  Thank BarbT_Phila_PA

Reviewed 7 September 2011

We had a wonderful time. Great place to stay. The owners were very nice and the rooms were extremely clean and well equipped for famillies. Location was great.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank princess12540
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We have been to the Imperial 500 five summers in a row. Having grown up spending vacations in Wildwood every summer, I was looking for a new hotel tradition to begin with my boyfriend since my family's hotel of choice is no longer around. Imperial 500 has quickly become a new tradition for us. The owners are beyond friendly and accommodating, the hotel is just one block away from the beach and about 8 - 10 blocks from the boardwalk. The rooms are great - they are clean and include up-to-date amenities, such as free wireless internet and flat screen TVs, but still capture that "old time" Wildwood style (that, sadly, has disappeared with so many of the new places that have gone up over the past few years) This is a great hotel, run by great people, and in a great location. Absolutely nothing but wonderful things to say about this place. I look forward to making this a tradition with my future family.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LaurAsh417
Reviewed 24 August 2011

My family and I stayed at the Imperial 500 for 4 nights this past weekend. We had a wonderful time. My first impression of the motel was amazing when I called to book the room. They were so kind and helpful on the phone - which was greatly appreciated after spending the entire afternoon on the telephone trying to find a great place to stay and not experiencing great guest service from many. I took the advise of another poster, and called the Imperial 500. So glad I did! They answered all of my questions without getting impatient and had such an awesome vibe! I decided to give the place a shot. We arrived and were welcomed by that same great guest service. The room was great for the value, and the grounds of the motel were very family friendly and had a fun charm & feel. The pool was super clean, and had a nice little kiddie area blocked off in 1 foot of water. There were charming fountains and grills around the pool area as well. Lot's to do right on the grounds when the weather was not ideal (pool tables, video games, air hockey, etc) There is a cool balcony that overlooks the shoreline where we watched a band play on Saturday night. I really could not have asked for more for the value. The owners and staff were so helpful every single day. They were happy to give advise & directions, and always had the best attitude. They certainly make you feel valued and very welcome. We will be booking a suite next time for a bit more room, and we will be staying for at least a week! The motel is in a great location. The beach is very close, and the hustle and bustle of the busy boardwalk in Wildwood is about a 12 block walk. If your not up for the walk, it is a very short drive to get a little closer to all the bells and whistles. I prefer a laid back quiet place to stay with the option of going into the crowds and entertainment. This place is perfect for exactly that! My husband and I were traveling with our 9 year old, and 11 month old so we are always thrilled when things go just as we hope. The Imperial 500 surpassed our expectations!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank jessicamsantiago
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We are just one day away from ending our 15 day vacation at this wonderful motel in Wildwood Crest. Once again, this motel has exceeded our expectations. The owners Ann, Joe, Jackie and Jimmy are wonderful people, like a second family to us. We call this motel our home away from home. If you like cleanliness and a fun, friendly atmosphere, then this is the place for you. The owners bend over backwards to be sure that their guests are comfortable and happy. As for one review that I read about owners yelling at you for noise--absolutely not true!! If you are being ridiculously loud, rude and obnoxious at the expense of other guests, then yes, you deserve to be told about it. We were there around the date posted in that review and believe me, if that review was written by that family, they deserved to be asked to leave. Just goes to show the caliber and class of the Salerno/Johnson families!

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank drn61154
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We vacationed from July 13th to the 19th. When i tell you they scrub the pavement in front of your room I am not exagerating, we were a group of 12 and we had a wonderful time our Grandaughter celebrated her 6th birthday there we decorated the table outside and had cake and prizes for our other grandchildren. You couldn't meet nicer owners of this motel. They are always pleasant, helpful, and personable. They keep the Motel spotlessly cleaner, I told them I would like to challenge Howie Mandell {Germaphobic} to find something he doesn't like there. We have been coming there since our children were very young and now they and their children stay there,our dear friends and their children and grand children stay there as well. The Imperial 500 is #1 in our book.The Chuck's

Room Tip: You must call very Early for reservations
4  Thank Mary Jo G
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This is a very very clean hotel. The owners care for the property. The rooms are big. The efficiency rooms have a kitchenette, a bathroom, a bedroom and a pull out couch. the Hotel rooms are Large, and have a refrigerator and a microwave. We have been here at least 7 times. The pool is clean, the bbbqs clean. The only reservation we have with going back, and believe me it Can impact a trip...is this: The owners do NOT like noise, and that includes children who are noisy. When with a large group of people this becomes a problem because it is hard to quiet everyone down when they are laughing and playing. It was not only US but Many families there who were scolded by the management to be quiet. Adults as well. Laugh too loud after 1030 and well, it can be a problem. You will get yelled at. We spent the rest of the vacation walking on egg shells.

The other small issue is the pool. It closes at 7pm. after 7 there is not much for the kids to do since the pool is closed other than the game room which could easily snatch all your kids money. the hotels across the street have a pool open until late.
Albeit the cleaniness is top notch here. If you can handle the fact that you must be of a quieter nature when with friends on vacation. then this place is for you. If not, then look somewhere else.

6  Thank dspacc