All reviews across the street place to stay small arcade saltwater pool shuffle board owners and staff sun deck bend over backwards next year diving board week stay wildwood vacation every summer wonderful stay ceiling fan clean rooms view of the ocean
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We had a wonderful time. Great place to stay. The owners were very nice and the rooms were extremely clean and well equipped for famillies. Location was great.

4  Thank princess12540
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We have been to the Imperial 500 five summers in a row. Having grown up spending vacations in Wildwood every summer, I was looking for a new hotel tradition to begin with my boyfriend since my family's hotel of choice is no longer around. Imperial 500 has quickly become a new tradition for us. The owners are beyond friendly and accommodating, the hotel is just one block away from the beach and about 8 - 10 blocks from the boardwalk. The rooms are great - they are clean and include up-to-date amenities, such as free wireless internet and flat screen TVs, but still capture that "old time" Wildwood style (that, sadly, has disappeared with so many of the new places that have gone up over the past few years) This is a great hotel, run by great people, and in a great location. Absolutely nothing but wonderful things to say about this place. I look forward to making this a tradition with my future family.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank LaurAsh417
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Imperial 500 for 4 nights this past weekend. We had a wonderful time. My first impression of the motel was amazing when I called to book the room. They were so kind and helpful on the phone - which was greatly appreciated after spending the entire afternoon on the telephone trying to find a great place to stay and not experiencing great guest service from many. I took the advise of another poster, and called the Imperial 500. So glad I did! They answered all of my questions without getting impatient and had such an awesome vibe! I decided to give the place a shot. We arrived and were welcomed by that same great guest service. The room was great for the value, and the grounds of the motel were very family friendly and had a fun charm & feel. The pool was super clean, and had a nice little kiddie area blocked off in 1 foot of water. There were charming fountains and grills around the pool area as well. Lot's to do right on the grounds when the weather was not ideal (pool tables, video games, air hockey, etc) There is a cool balcony that overlooks the shoreline where we watched a band play on Saturday night. I really could not have asked for more for the value. The owners and staff were so helpful every single day. They were happy to give advise & directions, and always had the best attitude. They certainly make you feel valued and very welcome. We will be booking a suite next time for a bit more room, and we will be staying for at least a week! The motel is in a great location. The beach is very close, and the hustle and bustle of the busy boardwalk in Wildwood is about a 12 block walk. If your not up for the walk, it is a very short drive to get a little closer to all the bells and whistles. I prefer a laid back quiet place to stay with the option of going into the crowds and entertainment. This place is perfect for exactly that! My husband and I were traveling with our 9 year old, and 11 month old so we are always thrilled when things go just as we hope. The Imperial 500 surpassed our expectations!

4  Thank jessicamsantiago
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We are just one day away from ending our 15 day vacation at this wonderful motel in Wildwood Crest. Once again, this motel has exceeded our expectations. The owners Ann, Joe, Jackie and Jimmy are wonderful people, like a second family to us. We call this motel our home away from home. If you like cleanliness and a fun, friendly atmosphere, then this is the place for you. The owners bend over backwards to be sure that their guests are comfortable and happy. As for one review that I read about owners yelling at you for noise--absolutely not true!! If you are being ridiculously loud, rude and obnoxious at the expense of other guests, then yes, you deserve to be told about it. We were there around the date posted in that review and believe me, if that review was written by that family, they deserved to be asked to leave. Just goes to show the caliber and class of the Salerno/Johnson families!

3  Thank drn61154
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We vacationed from July 13th to the 19th. When i tell you they scrub the pavement in front of your room I am not exagerating, we were a group of 12 and we had a wonderful time our Grandaughter celebrated her 6th birthday there we decorated the table outside and had cake and prizes for our other grandchildren. You couldn't meet nicer owners of this motel. They are always pleasant, helpful, and personable. They keep the Motel spotlessly cleaner, I told them I would like to challenge Howie Mandell {Germaphobic} to find something he doesn't like there. We have been coming there since our children were very young and now they and their children stay there,our dear friends and their children and grand children stay there as well. The Imperial 500 is #1 in our book.The Chuck's

Room tip: You must call very Early for reservations
Date of stay: July 2011