“first stay here and I'm already planning the next....”
Review of Imperial 500 Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Imperial 500 Motel
Ranked #15 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 5 July 2017

my sister has stayed at this property for several years during her vacation and I decided to join her this year with my 3 daughters (11, 9 & 4), I had no idea how amazing this experience would be, the rooms were clean and spacious, our room had an efficiency and this was especially nice (esp not having to eat out for every meal). The pool was beautiful, super clean and perfect if you have little ones (there's a 1' section in the front of the pool) and lots of room for everyone else to swim enjoyably. The staff at the front desk were super accommodating and friendly.

my only (minor) complaint was the wifi, it was spotty at best, (especially during peak daytime hours) so if you're looking for consistent wifi service you might be disappointed.

Other than that you are close enough to the beach, grocery stores/CVS/Walgreens etc. and the boardwalk, lots of families in the immediate area doing exactly what you're doing, enjoying the NJ shore and having a wonderful time, I can't wait to return next season!

Room Tip: Quieter rooms on 3rd and 4th FL since you're not close to the pool area
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Thus us my third year in a row staying at the Imperial and the third year in a row that we had an awesome time!! The rooms are clean and the staff/owners are super friendly; they will also bend over backwards to make sure your stay is the most comfortable and enjoyable it can be. HIGHLY recommend the Imperial 500.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2017

I recently stayed here(June 4-8), with my family, who were visiting from AZ. My grandson said he doesn't want to stay anywhere else when he comes to visit again. This is the CLEANEST motel I have ever stayed in. Staff is super friendly and extremely accommodating. The AC was a little on the warm side in my sons' room, He called the desk and they had a replacement unit within an hour. They also told him he should have called right away when the room was not cool. He said it was 1:am when he returned and they said that doesn't matter, that is why we are here. That is the best guest service ever. Heated pool, clean rooms, great staff, nice game room and a couple of kiddie rides on the property. What more could be asked for

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2017

My husband and I have been staying here since we were in High School. Would never stay anywhere else. The staff is so friendly, and will take the time to talk. My kids enjoy the game room, as well as the games they have outside.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Llbake
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

Thanks Jimmy your place rocks. Super clean. Staff extremely attentive to anything that needs to be addressed. I'm not kidding about this. Best best best hotel hands down no after hours monkey business. Relaxed adult and family atmosphere

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2017

My boyfriend and I stayed at several different motels in Wildwood before discovering the Imperial 500 about 7 years ago. Now we won't stay anywhere else. The location, cleanliness, quietness and friendliness can't be beat. We just made our reservation for August and although they were booking up fast by the time I got through, the lady I spoke with worked with me to find availability for us. Much appreciated. We're looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: We always request an upper floor which have less noise
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2017

We have been going to the Imperial 500 for our annual Wildwood family vacation for over 25 years. As our family has grown, we are now booking 4/5 rooms each year. It's become even more special since my family moved from northern NJ to Connecticut in 2006; our annual WW trek is like a mini reunion with my parents and two sisters' families.

Through our recommendations, friends of my sister also try to book the same week we go. It's become tradition to spend hours on the phone each January 2, when they open the reservation desk, trying to get through to make our reservations. The one year we could not get enough rooms to accommodate us all and tried a different place was so disappointing. So what makes this place so special?

Let's start with the owners. Ann and Joe passed the torch onto their daughter Jackie and her husband Jimmy a few years back, but are still very involved in the business. Pride of family ownership shines through, as evident by the fact that they live on premises during the season. Each year, we are excited to see what's new and improved-there is always something added or updated. The motel is spotless, with Jackie and Jimmy working tirelessly around the grounds from sun up until the time they lock the office doors at 11 pm. Always friendly and willing to spend a few minutes catching up on life, sharing restaurant ideas or perhaps a glass of delicious homemade sangria made by our friend Ryan, Jimmy and Jackie are gracious hosts that have become like friends over the years.

Next, the motel itself. As I said above, it is spotless. It is a typical 50's era Wildwood Crest motel, so if you are looking for the luxury of a Hilton 5-Star motel, this may not be for you. For those of us who have been vacationing in the Crest our whole lives, I highly recommend trying the Imperial 500-just wait until I'm done booking! The motel is kept up-dated, has an elevator for those who find climbing the stairs difficult, has a great heated salt water pool, fun pool tables, and more. When your at the Jersey shore, it's all about the beach and outdoor living, and this brings me to the next reason I love the Imperial...

the location. While not directly on the beach, this motel is one short block to the white sands of the expansive, free Wildwood beach. Due to Centennial Park being directly across the street, the motel has unobstructed views of the ocean from it's second floor sundeck. A perfect spot to relax with your morning coffee or afternoon beverage while soaking up the sun and watching the waves, or to enjoy the music of the free concerts in the park every Wednesday and Saturday nights. The motel is also close to everything-the boards, restaurants, Cape May, all within a nice walk, short car ride or hop on the trolley.

Our January 2 tradition is now complete and our 4 rooms for August have been booked. Hooray! Our friends were also able to get the same week.

I can't wait to be sipping sangria by the ocean at the Imperial 500!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family