“Excellent”
Review of Ubuntu Backpackers

Ubuntu Backpackers
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Fantastic place to stay, close to beaches, town, and amazing coffee roastery just below, lekker atmosphere and great owner. Helps with organizing all kinds of activities on short notice. People from all over the world make it a great place to enjoy different kind of cultures.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 June 2017

I stayed at Ubuntu for one week. From the first minute on I felt like home, that was the reason why I ended up from checking in for two days extending to one week.
The house is small but really cozy. It has a nice garden area where we used to chill out after the surf sessions and next door is amo's coffe shop, where I got my coffee every morning.
I stayed in the 10 dorm, which is a good choice if you're trying to save money. They offer breakfast every morning as well and Wifi is for free.
The staff at Ubuntu is really friendly and made me feel like having a family over there. They joined also in for some activities like going to the secret waterfall (which is really fun!) or helping at the recycling project.
Also the surf was perfect. There are spots for every level. I really loved surfing at point or kitchen windows! And Ubuntu is just located next to the famous spots where the competition is held every year.

I will definitely go back there!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

One of my favourite places in the whole of SA Epic vibe, surf & Ubuntu crew! Go see for yourself.

My brother and I first arrived in April for a short two night stay but we couldn't leave, so we stayed for 10... Now we're back & we'll stay as long as we can.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed almost 10 days, I had a great time. Nice and friendly people, good location - especially during the evening it was awesome just to sit outside, have some beers and watch the ocean. I ll be Back!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 April 2017

I loved it. I went there for some days..but i'd liked to be there for more. Location is great close to the beach, shops and nina's restaurant. Awesome for surf and shopping..place is quiet and enough safe!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Marta M
Reviewed 23 April 2017

I slept at this hostel one night in the 10 beds dorm with 2 friends. The hostel is very nice, mainly due to the location and to its general vibe, which is very relaxed and friendly. The dorm is perfect to sleep for a couple of nights and the common areas are large and well equipped. There is a nice garden behind the dorm and a terrace where you can listen to music and relax. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2017

Ubuntu Backpackers is definitely the best place to stay at Jeffrey's Bay.

The house is amazing, with cool and surf vibes painted everywhere, as the garden, which is a perfect chilling and coloured place.
The staff, permanent workers or volunteers, is so friendly and takes care of the guests very well in organizing braai, bars tours, surf lessons, and more !...

The dorms and the rooms are nice, it is quiet, and the breakfast is free !

Thank you very much Seena, Sandra, Nikita, Dylan, Luke, The Irish and all the others I forgot.

See you next time hopefully !!

Loic.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Daryn11, Manager at Ubuntu Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

So glad you guys enjoyed your stay! WE loved having you!!!!!!! Until next time :)