All reviewsfree breakfastthe ownerpool tablesecret waterfallbraai nightscommunal spacelocal shopsstaff were super friendlyj bayenjoyed my stayhome away from hometraveling alonecool guychilled atmospheregreat atmospherefelt like homesurf lessons
Reviewed June 27, 2017

I stayed at Ubuntu for one week. From the first minute on I felt like home, that was the reason why I ended up from checking in for two days extending to one week.
The house is small but really cozy. It has a nice garden area where we used to chill out after the surf sessions and next door is amo's coffe shop, where I got my coffee every morning.
I stayed in the 10 dorm, which is a good choice if you're trying to save money. They offer breakfast every morning as well and Wifi is for free.
The staff at Ubuntu is really friendly and made me feel like having a family over there. They joined also in for some activities like going to the secret waterfall (which is really fun!) or helping at the recycling project.
Also the surf was perfect. There are spots for every level. I really loved surfing at point or kitchen windows! And Ubuntu is just located next to the famous spots where the competition is held every year.

I will definitely go back there!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

One of my favourite places in the whole of SA Epic vibe, surf & Ubuntu crew! Go see for yourself.

My brother and I first arrived in April for a short two night stay but we couldn't leave, so we stayed for 10... Now we're back & we'll stay as long as we can.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2017 via mobile

I stayed almost 10 days, I had a great time. Nice and friendly people, good location - especially during the evening it was awesome just to sit outside, have some beers and watch the ocean. I ll be Back!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2017

I loved it. I went there for some days..but i'd liked to be there for more. Location is great close to the beach, shops and nina's restaurant. Awesome for surf and shopping..place is quiet and enough safe!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank MartaM8544
Reviewed April 23, 2017

I slept at this hostel one night in the 10 beds dorm with 2 friends. The hostel is very nice, mainly due to the location and to its general vibe, which is very relaxed and friendly. The dorm is perfect to sleep for a couple of nights and the common areas are large and well equipped. There is a nice garden behind the dorm and a terrace where you can listen to music and relax. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends