All reviews private ensuite room surf trip j bay lounge area fully equipped kitchen home away from home self catering accommodation place to stay gary braai driftwood dorm vibe supertubes beach jbay waves
Reviewed August 27, 2018

From location to comfort, to value for money, you just can’t beat this spot!
Stayed here many times, always clean, comfy, great vibe and generally my favorite place to stay when visiting Jeffreys Bay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2018

My partner and I only stayed one night but had a positive experience. Big room. Comfy bed. Great communal facilities including hot tub. Well placed in Gansbaii with restaurants etc close. Go shark diving - very fun!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 30, 2018

What a great breakaway!

A week ago I booked my stay at the Cristal Cove to share in a getaway with my father.
As we are both surfers and have been since our youth, we thought that the Cove would be the ideal stop for us to enjoy quality time together while sharing in our favorite pastime.

Firstly, I would like to remark about the wonderful service I received from the staff and owners of the facility. Warm greetings were received upon our arrival and we found the information supplied to us about the city very insightful.

We stayed in a unit on the top floor, it was a private facility where my father and I both enjoyed private rooms with en-suite facilities. It was extremely pleasant, the rooms where comfortable, clean and self catering which was exactly what we needed and asked for.

One of the greatest features of Cristal Cove for us was the proximity to the beach!

Being able to wake up before sunrise, take a quick run down the nearby boardwalk and scout the surf was like a dream come true! To be able to have such easy access to one of the most renown surf breaks in the world was the highlight of our trip, that and also spending quality time together.

We will definitely return to Cristal Cove, as we experienced some of the best all round service we have from a self catering accommodation venue.

We travel often around South Africa, and have experienced many places!

A big thank you to Cindy, Sumi and Bongi for all the help and fantastic service received! We will definitely recommend Cristal Cove to our friends and family.

Room Tip: Second floor units are more private.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2018

Crystal Cove was an experience in itself during my stay in J-Bay. Mellow, cosy and a very friendly environment - best vibes possible. Gary and Cindy are the coolest hosts, interesting to talk with. As well as the staff, very helpful and warm.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cristal C, Owner at Cristal Cove Guesthouse & Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2018

Thank you for your review, and for taking the time to enjoy our little piece of paradise.
We enjoyed hosting you while you took a little time to relax, and we hope to do it again soon.

Reviewed May 18, 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a place to stay in your next Surf Trip you have just found it! But, if you are traveling with your wife or family, I think you can do better. Our room was comfortable and we could actually hear the waves. We did not have any problem with our “neighbors” in the other room. But the room and bathroom are very simple (no face towel available for example) and the fact that you have to share the unit with others make you loose some privacy. It is very close to the beach, less than 5min walk. They did not take credit card to pay for the room!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple