1,319 results
All reviews mobile phone attention to detail free laundry service uitsig room plunge pool thought of everything muesli fruit platter sun cream the main house guest house the main street private garden free mini bar his team south africa little extras
Reviewed November 6, 2018

I have stayed in many hotels all over the world, I can honestly say this is one of the best experiences I have had, excellent service, beautiful surroundings. The accommodation was very unique and every room had a very personal touch.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Guide18318255797
AkaFhk, Manager at Akademie Street Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2018

Hi, Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed Akademie Street and hope to see you back some day. Kind Regards, Declan & the Akademie Team.

Reviewed November 1, 2018

To say that Declan has an eye for detail is like saying Lionel Messi is good at football or Usain Bolt can run fast. There is so much attention to detail at the Akademie that you have to re-calibrate your standards and expectations. Everything is lovely and nothing is too much trouble. As everyone else says, the staff are amazing, the rooms are amazing, the breakfast is amazing. It never feels busy as everyone has their own space. I would recommending staying for at least two nights, if you only stay for one you won't have time to appreciate it. Thanks guys it was a very special experience.

Room tip: All the rooms are exceptional
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AkaFhk, Manager at Akademie Street Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Hi MrCreosote1, thank you so much for taking the time to pen such a lovely review.Whilst, I'm loving your references to Messi & Bolt, sadly they are unjustified! Our detail comes simply by everyone here, owner, managers & staff, listening to our guests and what they tell us - what they like & don't like and trying to put this into practice, where possible! Hopefully, we'll see you back on Akademie Street and thanks again for the review! Kind Regards, Declan & the Akademie Team.

Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

This stunning hotel surpassed all our expectations. Declan and staff were wonderful! Everything we didn’t even know we needed, was catered for. The stocked mini bar and especially fresh milk for my coffee was heaven sent. We were so sorry that it was a cold spring day as I would have loved to use the swimming pool area. Will just have to make another trip soon.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AkaFhk, Manager at Akademie Street Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2018

Hi Nikki H, It was so lovely meeting yourself & your husband and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your brief stay with us. Please don't wait until your next anniversary for your next visit!!! Kind Regards, Declan & the Akademie Team.

Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Akademie as the culmination of a two week tour of South Africa and we certainly ended our trip on a high. Declan was a super host and nothing was too much trouble. Everything you could think of had been thought of and we had a wonderful, restful stay. It was my late mother’s favourite place to stay and I can see why. Thanks to all the staff who made us feel so special. We hope to return soon!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AkaFhk, Manager at Akademie Street Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Hi cressida h, It was such a thrill meeting Jonathan & yourself, the daughter of the incomparable Wendy! We were all so saddened to learn of her passing, as we had all become so fond of her over the many years she visited Akademie Street! I just loved meeting you and Jonathan & so enjoyed our many chats about the lovely Wendy. We all really hope that you too will return and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope dad is recovering well!! Kind Regards, Declan & the Akademie Team.

Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

I all most don’t want to write this review as I want to keep this place all for myself ❤️ I am lucky enough to stay at the best hotels even a seven star but this place puts the rest to shame. Everything is perfect the staff,room, breakfast, management you name it I would love to live here but my family would miss me. Thank you for a great stay.... if you are reading this review don’t hesitate it’s the best stay here ❤️

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AkaFhk, Manager at Akademie Street Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2018

Hi justinewinter2017, we are so happy that you did write the review and thank you for such kind & generous words. It really was lovely having you both here and hopefully you'll make it back some day! Kind Regards, Declan & the Akademie Team.