“Delicious food but no visual appeal”

Sakanaya Fish Market by Ryoshi
Ranked #185 of 627 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

It was very delicious food experience for me and my husband. We ordered a few dishes and everything tasted amazing! Very reasonable prices also! Good and fast service! One down side - very close to the nosy street, full of cars and motorbikes.

sakanaya b, Public Relations Manager at Sakanaya Fish Market by Ryoshi, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Thank you for your review, we hope we can serve you the best. see you soon :)

Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

This is my new favorite place to eat in Bali.
The meat and fish are so fresh and flavorsome at very affordable prices too. It does say on the wall that it is a self service restaurant so any reviews about bad service are a load of rubbish.
Highly recommend the sashimi plates and the Wagyu beef is next level good!!

sakanaya b, Public Relations Manager at Sakanaya Fish Market by Ryoshi, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2018

Thank you for coming, hope to see you again

Reviewed February 4, 2018

I've been a regular at Sakanaya for years. The food is great and I love it. But the service is terrible. The last three times I have been there my friends and I have had really bad service.

1. Can it take 40 minutes to get a limejuice? It's a matter of squeezing a lime. Had to tell them 4 times to get a move on it.
2. Today after 25 minutes they come and tell that the Kichi is finished (fair enough, but maybe inform about it before half of the people have already eaten. Then another 20 minutes and they inform another friend that butter fish is finished as well. So it took them 45 minutes to even start cooking the fish and realizing that there isn't none.
3. Personally I got my own food after everyone else had finished all of their dishes...

The only time it seems to work at Sakanaya is when Pak Ketut is working. Then the service works, and it doesn't take that much time. It is just crazy that there are so many people working there, with that amount of people you should be able to run a restaurant but it seems that the staff just doesn't care.

I won't be going back in a long time even if I live right next door and love the food.

we're so sorry for the uncomfortable, but we're trying to be better. we hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 24, 2018 via mobile

Always coming back to their place to have ramen, or maybe some fish and chips or some tempuras or gyoza. I loveee their food! Modest dining area, it's cozy enough. Their seafood tastes fresh all the time. Good place to have fresh sashimi too!

thankyou for coming, hope to see you again

Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

My whole family went to this place and it has been the best fish and meat I’ve tasted. I got the Wagyu Meat and it was amazing. The service is great and the WIFI is on point. We have gone 4 times the week.

thankyou for coming, hope to see you again