“Amazing Villas in Beautiful Bali”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Amala

The Amala
Ranked #17 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
New York City, New York
“Amazing Villas in Beautiful Bali”
Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

Having never been to Bali before we searched trip advisor and was not disappointed to discover The Amala Villas.

I would definitely recommend the pool villas. Very spacious for 2 people and the pool is great. Over the 7 days we felt the villa was too nice not to relax in so spent 2 full days around our own pool while venturing into Seminyak in the evenings.

Breakfast is served in the villa and I would recommend the egg white and banana pancakes. Simply Devine isn't the word. The villa is all outdoor style so if you don't mind the outdoor lifestyle then the amala is the place for you. The bedroom however is indoors.

The staff are very attentive and address you by your first name which is a nice touch, a family feel environment.

I cannot recommend the amala enough......

• Stayed May 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 May 2012

The Amala would suit those looking for a boutique stay in the middle of bustling Seminyak. The hotel is advertised as a top notch acommodation but misses on the details to make it a true luxury stay.
The facilities are in relatively good conditions but it's easy to see that it is lacking constant care and dedication to the finer details. Also, the restaurant is a true miss, specially compared to the food offerings in the area. We were very dissapointed with the breakfast and the menu.
Rooms were acceptable but the bathroom was very dark and unventilated making it a perfect nest for mosquitos. When we arrived the room was not ready and the mosquitos were having a great time feeding on us.
The staff were friendly but a bit slow and forgetfull. I think they are lacking a bit of experience that could make the Amala a better stay for those looking for all out luxury and excellent service it offers.

Things we did not like:
Planes fly over
Food was really bad
Bathroom was dark and enclosed
Busy surroundings
A bit of a walk to the beach, should include a personal motorbike maybe during stay.

Things we liked:
Close to all the fuzz in Seminyak and the popular tourists spots
friendly staff

The way we travel is paying a bit more to feel confortable and away from it all while being serviced accordingly, in this case, the Amala deceived.

Room Tip: Try and get the rooms in the back of the hotel, further from street. Get a room with a "pool...
5 Thank LPCH
Chipping Norton
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Having enjoyed a hectice week in Kuta, we headed up to Seminyak for a couple of nights relaxation at The Amala, and wasn't in the least bit disappointed. Everything about the place was as promised. The level of accommodation and service was superb, and the food excellent. It has a real honeymoon feel to it, so if you're not romantic or prefer crowds at the bar, this is not the place for you!
We found Seminyak generally more amenable than Kuta, and although we had a great hotel in Kuta (The Holiday Inn Baruna Bali), The Amala exceeded our expectations and was absolute bliss. We would highly recommend this hotel and what it offers to anyone seeking tranquility and togetherness.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We were blown away upon arriving at reception and both remarked on how everything looked exactly like the photos we'd seen online, only more amazing in some cases. Throughout our stay we were continually impressed by just how beautiful and tranquil the property was. Despite being centrally located within easy walking distance of everything in Seminyak, we slept with the doors open and enjoyed quiet, open air nights.

The food was a particular delight. Healthy, yet inventive and distinctive, we were pleasantly surprised that while we had healthy options at each meal we never felt like we were eating "health food." We'd read that carnivores might find it tough to find something to enjoy, but this wasn't our experience at all, and we both love a balanced meal with some meat.

The attention to detail was truly outstanding - from lighting incense in our villa each night to surprising us with a candle lit bathtub full of rose petals when we returned from dinner out, the staff went out of their way to make our stay truly romantic and memorable.

Really we can't say enough good things about The Amala and we're already scheming to return.

Room Tip: We took a spa villa and it was lovely.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed at the Amala for 2 nights with my wife in the Spa Villa and loved every bit of it. We were on our honeymoon and could not have chosen a better place. The service that we were offered was excellent, starting right from the pick up.
What I found refreshing was that we were addressed by our names all the time. That's the kind of personalized service that one looks for.
The rooms are very well appointed and clean. We were booked at the spa villa has a plunge pool, a steam room, mini fridge (which was replenished every morning) and all basic amenities. Web had a bit of a problem with our AC but the technician was called right away and they were able to rectify the issue (just an example of the service). The breakfast is heavenly and the banana pancakes are a must.
The Amala is located in Seminyak, around a 20 minute walk from the Seminyak beach. The people at Amala were able to arrange for a cab for us to travel to surrounding areas.
Would surely recommend the to couples looking for a bit of privacy. Also, the hotel has a policy of not allowing children as guests.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Bali
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I arrived to Bali on the 22nd for the first time, and my first interaction with Amala Hotel was when I was picked up. As soon as I was in the car, I was handed a cold towel and a bottle of cold water, which was PERFECT. Upon my arrival I was greeted by the butler, who was very kind and escorted me to the room. When I was in the room, I was given an amazing welcome drink that was very refreshing, and some succulent spring rolls combined with a sweet and sour sauce. Very needed and unexpected made it all that better. Although it was late and wanted to rest after 26+ hours flying, the butler took me on a brief tour of the property, which was excellent, very knowledgeable (told me about the property, amenities, etc...) The next day I woke up and as soon as I walked out the door I was escorted to one of the tables in the restaurant for breakfast. Breakfast was excellent, especially the Banana Pancake and Mie Goreng, along with a juice made from fresh fruits, especially tropical fruits. I just gotta say that my time at Amala was incredible, a place where you can unwind, relax and forget about time. That is exactly what any person goes on vacation for, and best of all is that all the restaurants, bars, beach, shopping is in the Seminyak area, so everything is close. Although knowing there are more things outside the hotel, I didn't really need to know because everything was there for me at Amala.

Congrats on such a great hotel! Great service, great ambience, great team.....PERFECTION!

Room Tip: The pool villas are amazing!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank el_americano4
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This property is a peaceful and lovely gem at the entrance of Semyniak.
You are near everything but at the same time away from the noisy night life.
If you have the chance, take the villa instead of Spa Studio. The $$$ difference is small and what you take is really worth it!
Breakfast is just amazing!!! Try the juices, natural yogurt with fruits… everything so fresh and healthy.
Please make sure you save some time for a spa treatment.
Staff is lovely and so helpful. In my case I was traveling alone and they did take a good care of me:
1. I forgot my mobile phone charger. They went all the waty to the airport to deliver it to me.
2. I had some big trouble in a non-official money changer. When I told the front desk what had happened, they sent one of the boys with me in order to claim the 200 USD they had stolen from me. I did get it back!
That is service!!! Thank you guys!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo