“great with a baby and young family”

Impiana Private Villas Seminyak
Ranked #27 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 8 February 2010

pools and kids dont mix, we were worried about a pool and having 3 kids under 6, the pool fence worked a treat. My wife was concerned about food for our 10 month old but she needent of been as there was a supermarket across the road that had all we needed for our baby and toddlers to eat, the villa also catered well for our older kids, all the staff loved our kids and we felt 100% safe in the villa with little kids. we will never stay anywhere else but the villas bali as we have never been so at ease in bali before.
The villa we had was perfect we shared it with another couple and their 2 year old and we had plenty of room in the 3 bedroom villa.

1  Thank familly-holiday
Write a ReviewReviews (1,191)

Reviewed 8 February 2010

As a family we have avoided travelling to Bali till now preferring most other parts of Asia especially Vietnam, Malaysia. Our trip to the Villas in January will definitely change our view about Bali, we're keen to come back soon.

We stayed in the newer 'Sunset' section of the resort which although away from the spa, is nice and close to the main thoroughfareie supermarket, cafes, warungs, restaurants, boutiques, homewares stores etc from which you can 'retail-therapy' yourself silly in between relaxing - if you are that way inclined.

We took up 2 villas - one for us and one for our teenage children, although the family villas we saw were plenty big and private enough for older families to share.

We stayed 3 nights but could have stayed more. The villa is so nice you really dont want to leave it during the day, especially when the alternative is to get covered in sand and sit in the hot sun when instead you can dip into a lovely pool and order drinks, read books, watch cable and generally do nothing but plan dinner that night. The photos do not do the resort justice - we were blown away, and we have stayed at very nice resorts around the world

The staff come to the villa and use the outdoor kitchen to prepare a fresh b'fast as specified. The local b'fast is nice to try. They also can do a BBQ - its more hotel priced, and its very full on in food - so leave it till your last night. We jumped in the first night and were rolling on our tums all night.

The bathroom is huge, only small criticism is the bath is not real comfortable although looks impressive. The flower bath is amazing - not what I thought it would be at all. make sure you have one, but leave time as its takes them a while to set up.

The Prana spa was the least impressive part of our experience - the 30 min complementary treatment was forgetttable, in practice it was 15 mins shorter and not really an entree to other services. Most of the budget seems to have gone on the decor rather than the service. The transfer there was longer than the treatment, and frankly not worth it. In contrast the Chill refelxology centre across the road is great - I was tingling all over, discovered it a bit late into the trip, otherwise would have been there daily.

You could easily stay here 5 days and lap up the luxury and seclusion. It feels like you are the only ones in the hotel - which is what we loved about it. The Bali Villas is a special place to spoil yourself

Reviewed 5 February 2010

We have stayed at The Villa's 3 times now and would stay there again....
Main Pro's
* staff are very friendly and willng to assist you as much as possible
* breafast of your choice, cooked in privacy of your villa
* very secluded & beautiful garden/pool area, with high fences
* outdoor bathrooms are very large & spacious
* very quiet, being off the main roads enough (all 3 complexes)
* filtered water stand included and bottle replaced when required
* pool fencing available on request for younger children
* pool cleaned daily, not just your rooms
* Chill reflexology is of a high standard compared to others in Bali
* rooms have air/com and also mosquito nets around beds

Main Con's
* only 2 daybeds around pool, even in the 2 & 3 bedroom villa's
* if important to you, they are not walking distance from the main markets
* massive bath can be a little dangerous getting in/out, so be careful
* fridge sometimes not cold enough (although they replaced it at our request last time)
* Prana restaurant not great food in our opinion (you may disagree!)

Overall they are wonderful villa's in our opinion and have reccomended them to many friends, who have also all loved their stay with no complaints.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2010

We were there for 8 days in the (sunset area) , the place was gorgeous and clean the staff could not do enough for us. It was so private we only saw one family the whole time we were there.The reflexoligy at chill was sensational, we had 1 everyday.We will be back!

The Davies Family

1  Thank villa49
Reviewed 26 January 2010

We stayed at the Villas for 12 day in Jan 2010, whilst we enjoyed our stay I have a couple of comments to make - we stayed in a 1 bedroom Villa in "the Original Villas" area.

Pros - Great Location especially with the "Bali Deli" just across the road, also close to restaurants. shops ATM's etc, taxi's available at all times.
Good Security. Security guards always stopped traffic so we could cross the road, Private and quiet.we had a large private pool - perfect for a cool swim after a day out., full size kitchen with large refrigerator, chilled filtered water, basic kitchen equipment and utensils.
Towels changed twice daily and turn down service at night,
General staff very friendly - always a hello or a wave and a smile. Staff in reception were ok always polite - but most times did not go out of their way to be helpful.
(My husband had a small accident which required hospital treatment, they were very helpful in arranging the details and transport.)
Air conditioning work very well in bedroom - even if it was a little noisy, again possibly due for an upgrade. (air conditioning is in the bedroom only) ceiling fan in outdoor eating area.
Internet - whilst we had the internet in our Villa it kept dropping out after about 1 minute of use. quite frustrating.
DVD Player provided also LCD T.V. in bedroom - both quite adequate

Cons - this is by no means a 4 - 5 star resort, would rate them a 3+ we stayed in the original Villas which are a little tired, Table & chairs desperate in need of upgrade. can not comment on newer Villas as we did not see them,
Traveled with my Husband, & Daughter and her Fiancee, we requested 2 Villa's side by side, on arrival we were told not possible, but on our 12 day stay we only had 1 person stay for 1 night next to us, would have been nice if staff could have been more accommodating.
No storage space in bedroom for clothes - had to live out of a suitcase for duration of stay. - not ideal for a self contained Villa. It also lacked the small tings expected in 4 star establishment, ie, writing paper, pens, replacement of soap - we had 1 bar of soap provided the whole trip, they also had refillable bottle of shampoo and conditioner, very few tissues - that was all. we felt they were cost cutting in many areas.
Breakfast is cooked in your Villa if preferred but as we were traveling with family we chose to have in the restaurant, quite pleasant, but nothing spectacular. most mornings staff had difficulties understanding what we wanted,
We had a problem with Mosquitoes in our Bathroom - it is an open style bathroom, and even through they Fogged once a week, we found them to be quite in abundance, also the tin roof in bathroom made it extremely hot with no fans or cooling.
I think the most disappointing thing of the whole trip was when we were leaving, - we had a late check out - 6pm, (very convenient for a late flight out.) reception called at 5.55pm and asked to come and check our Mini Bar Items. at 6pm on the dot, staff were knocking on our door asking for our suitcases to take to reception also the Key to the Villa. The occupancy rate was under half full so I am sure no one needed to have our Villa that urgently. quite an abrupt end to an very enjoyable holiday.

All in all we had a great time in Bali, question - would we stay their again, possibly - great location, but would ask to stay in The Villas Estate, There are 3 areas of the Villas - Original, Estate & Sunset.. The Sunset Villas appear to be quite a way away from the other two locations - I do beleive a bus is available to bring you to main entrance if required. - not so practical or convenient in many ways.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2010

We first stayed at the Villa’s in June 2009 and were extremely impressed, loved it so much we decided to return back in January 2010 with our children and more friends and were even more impressed second time around. Very clean, beautiful rooms, lush surroundings, big pool, new kitchen, TV and DVD player – wow that was a bonus for the kids. The staff are amazing, every request was fulfilled in moments and believe me there were many with 4 adults and 4 children. Great location, near Bali Deli. We highly recommend the Villa’s and looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 19 January 2010

I spent 3 weeks in Bali in December, 2009...I traveled solo the entire time, giving myself a 30th birthday present and promising myself that I'd spare no expense and do as much as I could while in Bali.

I stayed in the Original Villas (I cannot comment on the other 2 locations, as I have not seen them) in a one bedroom villa, and the property was lovely - perfectly maintained, and immaculate in cleanliness (the outer grounds). Upon arrival, everything was handled as smoothly as any hotel I've ever stayed at anywhere in the world. I was shown to my villa and given a brief tour of the facilities within (the villa itself was also immaculate and very well conceived - nice artwork, good space, excellent sound system to hook up an iPod...wireless in the rooms (both of these were an unexpected bonus).

The in-room breakfast prep every morning was terrific! The staff member cooking was always pleasant and friendly, eager to learn about you and what brought you to Bali...and having Nasi Goreng every morning was like a dream come true, having been raised on Indo food as a child.

One downside already mentioned in another review was concerning the bathroom; it is beautiful, and well appointed, but someone mentioned the potential to slip being fairly high...well, I happened to slip on my 4th day there, and I fell so badly that my left wrist and hand were unusable for ~ 5 days (and a month later, my thumb is still so tender that I wince in pain if I hit it at the wrong angle, and my left foot was so bruised that I was unable to surf for about 8 days, and a month later it still hurts when practicing yoga. I did not mention the accident to the staff, but man...that part totally sucked (and I loathe the predisposition of my countrymen to threaten to sue at the slightest provocation...the truth is, I was moving quickly getting out of the shower, and it was not any staff-members' fault that I fell...it was just unfortunate. Other people are not of the same point of view as I am, however, and they could raise quite a stink over something like that)

There were plenty of activities available on the menu to choose from - but the price is astronomical for some of them (relatively speaking). If you prefer private tours and guides, book through The Villas...if you'd like to go more native and hook up a driver on your own, you'll save $50USD every time.

The Prana Spa was nice, though I was shocked at the price tag for most of their treatments...it was incredibly pricey compared to every other spa and treatment place I found on the island. Less expensive than the US, but not by much (3hr treatments were ~ $200USD or more!)

Chill Reflexology was an incredible value - expensive by Balinese standards ($21USD for 90min treatment) - but worth it and cheap enough to book every day, should you get tired from walking around or fighting scooter traffic. The 90min treatment even includes a bit of a massage as well.

The restaurant (outside of the in-villa breakfast) was decent, nothing spectacular...not bad food if you're feeling lazy, but there were so many excellent restaurants within walking distance or a dollar cab ride away that you probably won't eat there too frequently, unless it's getting late and/or you don't want to get soaked by a thunderstorm.

One final note that needs special mention is for the staff members themselves - I must have met ~15 employees or more, from the front desk to the pool cleaners to the porters to the room cleaners to the waitstaff...every person was the embodiment of the warm Balinese spirit, eager for you to have the most enjoyment possible during your stay.

I remember reading a review or two from users that seemed fairly negative in terms of their interaction with staff, or that the pools/villas were dirty or in poor condition...and I experienced none of that - just the opposite. My stay was very nearly the exact realization of what I had been picturing in my head for 10 months!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo