“Cold and soggy food. ”

Warung Pantai Batu Belig
Ranked #153 of 587 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Indonesian
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The nasi campur was served cold. Its prawn crackers were not even crispy they were served soggy. The fries with the chicken romance was terrible because it was so oily. The staff kept speaking to me in Indonesian because I look like a local even when I told him I didn't understand him. At least the beers were cold but all you have to do is open the bottle.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Like the place, friendly staff and food: ayam sambal matah ❤️❤️❤️
Good place to hang out with friends or just sitting alone:)

iwe jakarta

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I wanted to try this place because most of the time it's full of people. Also most reviews I read are positive. My experience: staff was slow and unattentive. My dish (nasi goring ayam) was cold. I know the food is being brought on a motor bike from a kitchen further away, but I think my food had been cooled off already hours before. Even the krupuk was not crispy anymore. This could be okay for a Padang, but not for a beach bar restaurant with higher prices. Actually I have been eating much better at a Padang for a fraction of the price they charge here. No wifi.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Pantai means beach in Indonesian and this Warung is true to it's name, perfectly positioned on the beautiful Batu Belig beachfront, just north (about 10 minutes) of Seminyak in Bali.
Warung Pantai's owner Wayan has a simple motto "work hard, play hard" and her philosophy shines through at her impeccable Warung. The pride in which Wayan and her team take in keeping the Warung spotless and taking care of guests is evident in every aspect of the food and service here.
Warung Pantai is my idea of Bali Bliss, with a location that is perfect for a restful day at the beach and a menu to suit all tastes but with particularly good Indonesian favourites such as Gado Gado (steamed vegetables with peanut sauce), spicy prawns and fish and delicious Ayam Goreng (Indonesian fried chicken), Nasi Campur, Nasi Goreng and Satays accompanied by authentic sambals and sauces.The food is cooked off-site just up the road in Wayan's kitchen in her traditional family compound, in an equally impeccable kitchen, and ferried to your table on covered trays by motorbike. Wayan invited me to visit the kitchen and watch her make the spicy grilled prawns and satays using her homemade Bali Bumbu(spice paste) and then grilling them on her schmick 4 burner gas bbq. There are also Western favourites and even espresso coffee skilfully delivered piping hot by bike!
Wayan's motto is also evident in the fun and laughter that fills the kitchen and in the excellent, attentive but relaxed service of the wait staff.
A wonderful location and fabulous eating experience by the beach in Bali. Take your beach towels and head to Batu Belig for a swim and a lazy, long lunch at Warung Pantai next time you are in Bali.
Thank you Wayan and team for a great lunch and experience!

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

My friend is addicted to chicken curry and his girlfriend is addicted to the gado gado. I love their soto ayam it needs a little more galangal but apart from that bang on. They have great staff too who put up with a lot of aussies so you can forgive the odd sour face