1,941 results
All reviews breeze restaurant royal courtyard villa ray clark our honeymoon the general manager double shower private pool the complimentary afternoon tea overlooking the beach main resort butler service outdoor shower main pool buggy ride personal butler huge bathroom beachfront location
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed in a one bedroom Royal Courtyard Villa with Pool for 7 nights.
On arrival we where given a welcome drink which was delicious and a lovely braided welcome bracelet.
We where taken on a buggy to our room. Our room was not in the hotel but on the other side of the street. At first I was a little worried as the street is not pleasing to the eye. The approach was shops, houses and massage shops. Not really the best location for a hide away villa.
The villa was spacious but really needs a update if they want to maintain their five star status. The bath towels need replacing as they are worn and are not nice fluffy white towels. They look a dirty faded colour.
The cleaning needs a lot to be desired to. Please see my photos attached of the shower head.

I complained about two things during my stay

1. My sheets where not changed daily , but once I pointed this out to my butler he was then done very day.

2. I ordered a pizza to my room on the first night and it was over cooked but it was late so I just eat it. When the butler came to take the plates away I informed him that I did not enjoy the pizza. He just informed me that he would let the kitchen staff know and get some one to call me which guess what - Nobody did and it was on my check out bill when I left. Disappointing experience and I feel my butler should of dealt with this better.
Another lovely touch is you can have breakfast when you wish, so for all you late risers this is perfect.
Breakfast menu is very good and lots of choice.
They offer afternoon tea every day which is lovely and you can have that in your room or at the breeze restaurant. They even do four pieces of laundry every day free so this is a lovely touch too.
Please tip when you go to Bali as it is a very poor place and the staff and people are hard working and deserve it.
I have given this hotel an average as I am a well travelled person and have stayed in better villas.
In the travel brochure it looks better than it is.
Personally for me I am not returning back to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
ChristianG5192, General Manager at The Samaya Bali Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Dear Jackie B

Greetings from The Samaya Seminyak

First of all we would like to thank you very much for having visited us during your recent Bali Holidays.

I truly appreciate you have taken your valuable time to share your experiences with us and other travelers. we here at The Samaya Seminyak always put guest satisfaction on top of our priority list. The team puts a lot of effort to go out of their ways to deliver an exceptional service , which on most occasion we are very successful. For that reason we are even more disappointed that neither myself or the team were able to deliver you this experience, please accept my sincere apologies.

We are really grateful that you shared your detailed experiences though i am personally very sad to see that we have failed on the above occasions. I have to admit that those points you have raised are at no time what we aim for and our usual high standards, there are no excuses for any of those experiences . Rest assured that I personally will look into each point and work with our colleagues together to improve our operation on those aspects.

Our Royal Courtyard Villas are located a short stroll opposite from the main resort crossing the main road. Our butlers are very happy arrange a buggy drop or pick up , though most of our guests enjoy the short walk. The Royal Courtyart Villas offering the additional space with a larger lap pool and a bigger garden in comparison and are actually the more preferred villas all year around.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed our complimentary afternoon tea with us, indeed our guest love this benefit especially since it can be enjoyed anywhere in the resort , like in the privacy of your villa, the Breeze restaurant or just around the pool.

I would like to comment about the tip you mentioned and explain to our other travelers that most restaurants and bars already include the service charge on the final bill, thus the employees would not necessarily expect any additional gratuity however this is always left to the discretion of the guests. I would not agree that Bali is a very poor place , the Balinese people are very proud people and a very cheerful and accommodating and welcoming people, always there to welcome visitors but I agree the Balinese people are a very hard working and put a lot of effort to create amazing experiences .

It is with regret to read that you feel not to visit us again based on your recent experiences but in case you might decide otherwise please do not hesitate to contact me personally so I could look after your booking arrangements myself. The team and myself would be delighted to welcoming you back to show you that this. was a one time off

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I will be very direct here, The Samaya Seminyak is absolutely perfect. From the first impression on arrival to the departure after 6 nights in this paradise, we were absolutely delighted by the outstanding professionalism of every individual we encountered at this first class hotel. I had booked a pool villa for our honeymoon and thought I knew what to expect when we arrived, but the reality of the villa far exceeded our expectations. The lovely gardens with a large private pool (and I mean, private.. not overlooked at all) was surrounded by areas to relax and enjoy the sunshine, plus the large jacuzzi at its head. On entering the actual villa, we noticed that it was spotlessly clean featuring a large lounge area with TV, mini bar, tea and a coffee machine. The fridge was replenished daily. The very spacious bedroom has a huge and extremely comfortable bed with gorgeous linen... a TV should you need it and a lovely view to our pool. The separate loo is a nice feature as is the enormous shower room.. sufficient for a party :))) the monsoon shower head it featured was absolutely glorious. A large jacuzzi bath in the next part of the bathroom was next to a door leading to an outside shower. The overall bathroom area is incredibly spacious and beautifully finished in granite and marble, wood and ceramics. Superb.
The service was exemplary - absolutely faultless. The feeling we had while we were there was one of being a very special guest, but somehow, it was much more than that. We felt like we were part of the family... it may sound odd, but the staff we encountered made us feel 'at home' - and everyone looked after us accordingly. We never even had to let anyone know we left the villa for the morning cleaning for example because we were recognised at breakfast and so they used this opportunity to clean the room. It meant returning to our villa after breakfast to an immaculately presented villa again - even the pool had been cleaned. This cleaning process was also repeated in the evening.
As for the breakfast itself - it was without doubt, the best we have every encountered and we have been lucky enough to stay in some very lovely places around the world. The Samaya Seminyak was better than all of them... sublime service and fabulous food choices. It was an inescapable feeling that 'nothing was too much trouble... nothing at all'.
IN SUMMARY
Perfection. The outstanding staff did not falter in their efforts to delight their guests... they worked tirelessly to ensure our absolute delight with this wonderful feeling of a family atmosphere where guests are looked after in a completely unobtrusive was but with all the attention you could possibly need. The afternoon tea is a lovely touch; delicious and served while on your sun lounger in front of the ocean. Bliss. Needless to say, we will return one day.. the sooner the better!!

Room Tip: Take the Pool Villa... just do it! :))))
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
ChristianG5192, General Manager at The Samaya Bali Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Tim R

Greetings from The Samaya Seminyak

First of all we would like to congratulate you once again for your recent marriage. We also appreciate you had chosen our little paradise resort to be part of your honeymoon journey. We are very grateful for your very detailed and excellent review, it is always great to read that we were able to deliver a memorable guest experience , especially the team feels proud that their hard work and commitment for excellence has been appreciated. It keeps us all motivated to continue to deliver exceptional service, so thank you for that.

Your description of our villas are perfect, could not do it any better:) We feel that each and every villa at our resort provides extra space, absolute privacy and with their extra large pools the perfect choice for the ones who do look for a tranquil and relaxing ambiance with all the luxury amenities and modern comfort the modern traveler is looking for. Also our location is perfect with a direct access to the beach, a very large lap pool in the main resort complex and a wonderful wooden deck with the lounge chairs overlooking the Indian Ocean, perfect to sit and watch the world passing by . All this tranquil resort feeling is located in the midst of the busy and hip Seminyak district , known for their sophisticated restaurant & bar scene and all in walking distance if you do not want to make use of our complimentary private shuttle service .

We are happy to see that you would like to come back so do not hesitate to contact us directly if we could assist you with your planning of your next Bali Holiday.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel really is in a league of its own. The Samaya was the first stop during our Honeymoon to Bali and Lombok and having stayed in a number of other 5 Star Hotels in both Bali and in other countries I do not think anything compares in terms of service. Staying at a nice hotel is one thing, and the Samaya really is stunning, but staying at a hotel where the staff actively go out of their way to make you feel special is another thing and something that many other 5 Start Hotels do not get right. The staff were unbelievable and always had a smile on their face. Nothing was ever too much trouble, they would actively approach you to see if there was anything that could be done and you never had to go looking for help. Everyone took a vested and personal interest in you and was especially nice to sit down with the manager Kristian on a number of occasions who made us feel very welcome. The hotel location was amazing, honestly cannot be beaten, on the sea front and seconds from town. The pool villas were kept spectacularly clean, the cleaners must have attended the room 3 times a day as every time we left and came back it was put back to how it was when we first arrived. The breeze restaurant was lovely and the spa services were fantastic. Honestly cannot praise this hotel enough and would not consider tying anywhere else in Seminyak. We hope to be back soon. Thank you for making our trip so special.

Also if you are going to Ubud you absolutely must book the Samaya 100 candlelit dinner down by the Ayung River. Magical experience and the menu they created for us was to put it simply.....divine.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Dean L

Greetings from The Samaya Seminyak

We would like to thank you very much for having chosen our little paradise resort for your honeymoon journey. It is always a proud moment for us to be part of such a special occasion and then being rewarded with such a lovely review makes us all feel very proud.

I am really blessed being part of such an excellent team, who is genuinely interested to deliver the very best guest experiences. Each and every team member is dedicated and committed to give their 150% each and every single day. I am thrilled that you felt this way and both of you left with such font memories, exactly what we had hoped for.

Yes, our location is unbeatable, direct access to the beach, a very tranquil ambiance within the resort however just steps away from the very busy Seminyak district with all their eaters, trendy bars & restaurants.

I am very happy to see that your great Samaya experience continued with your 100 candlelit dinner at our sister resort in Ubud. I will be happy to share your great feedback with them too.

We do look forward seeing you again when you return next time to Bali. Do not hesitate to reach out to us directly if we could assist you in planning your next visit with us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed here for the last week of our honeymoon and had a wonderful time. When we walked into our villa for the first time, we were blown away by the size of the private pool and garden, and the luxury of the suite. The rest of the hotel was beautiful as well, and we had an amazing meal when we booked a romantic table on the beach front as our special honeymoon meal. It was setup beautifully with candles and rose petals, and the food was fantastic.

Sometimes at an expensive hotel, it can feel like everything is setup to take even more of your money when you get there, but the opposite was true here. Free mini-bar, a couple of items of laundry for free each day, and extra treats in the room each day all helped to make it feel like we were valued guests, as did the friendliness of the staff.

Most importantly of all was how they responded when I got food poisoning on the last day of our stay (not from anything eaten at the hotel!). Despite that they had new guests scheduled to take our room a few hours after we were supposed to check out, they let us stay for the rest of the day while we sorted things out with our travel insurance, moved things around so that we could stay in the same room until I recovered, and checked on how I was doing for the next few days until I was well enough to fly home. It was far from the perfect end to our trip, but it would have been a lot more stressful if they hadn't been so good about it.

A huge thank you then to all the staff, for helping us to have such a great honeymoon, and we would definitely look to stay again if we come back to Seminyak.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear alexandermW9090SN

Greetings from The Samaya Seminyak

Let me congratulate you once again to your recent marriage and wishing you both all the best in this new chapter.

On behalf of our team I would like to thank you very much for having included us in your honeymoon journey. We are thrilled to be awarded with such an excellent review and it makes us proud to know that we were able to exceed your expectations in all the aspects during your stay .

I am very glad to read that our villas were exceeding your expectations and that all the different added benefits and small touches prepared by our dedicated team made the differences. Each and every colleague of ours is trying their absolute best to deliver a personalized service. They are real Ambassadors for our brand and hotel , leading by example and making it their goal to go out of their comfort zone to create magical experiences for all our visitors, so thank you so much for recognizing this and appreciating their effort, very grateful for this.

We trust you fully recovered from this rather unfortunate experience and I am glad that we could help you to make this as easy for you as possible.

What makes us mostly proud is to see that you would consider to stay again with us when you plan another visit to Bali / Seminyak, so do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if I could assist you personally with any future arrangements.

E-mail: christian@thesamayabali.com

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Myself and my wife stayed here for our honeymoon, and we were heartbroken to leave. The level of service was incredible, the staff really take an interest in you. The room was cleaned twice daily, and lots of treats and fresh fruit left out for us.

The onsite restaurant- Breeze- was one of the best restaurants we ate at during our holiday in Bali.

We had a romantic dinner one night and it was a highlight of the honeymoon. As well as cakes, spas and petal baths.

Quite simply one of the best places we have ever stayed. Thankyou to all the staff for making our stay brilliant. We will definitely be returning.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Skyblue12390

Greetings from The Samaya Seminyak

The team and I would like to congratulate you once again for your recent marriage . We truly appreciate that you had chosen our resort to be part of this amazing honeymoon trip .

I can see that you both had a fantastic time with us and i am really grateful that you rewarded us with such an excellent review, this will be another motivation boost for our entire team. I am glad to see that you enjoyed one of our romantic dinner options and yes, it is an amazing dining experience with your private butler and either one the island of our pool with all those fairy lights or The Royal Canopy Dinner with the magnificent view over the Indian Ocean, what else can be better to celebrate a special day with your loved one?

We would be hoping to seeing you again, maybe for your anniversary, so you can enjoy another amazing Samaya Seminyak experience. If you plan your return visit, do not hesitate to reach out to us directly, we would be delighted to assist you with your booking arrangements

E-mail: christian@thesamayabali.com