All reviews downstairs villa family villa tea coffee facilities balinese style hotel super deluxe room sitting area the main drag buffet breakfast is lovely pool close to shops extrablatt taxi rates bintang
Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

At a glance this place seems ok. I think because we arrived late and was very tired. Bed was so hard, we hardly got a wink of sleep. Maybe the stairs would be more comfortable.
Desperately needs some repairs carried out urgently as there is water and mould issues everywhere.
Bathrooms are poorly built, no waterproofing to walls have water seeping through and all rooms smell like a dirty fishpond.
Water pressure pathetic. Hotel water system faulty. Freezing or boiling.
Tap and shower fixtures dated and broken/ inefficient.
Tidy place but by no means clean. I spent some time spying on the cleaning staff. Policies and procedures need a complete overhaul. No cleaning products are used. So bring your own or risk getting sick. If u must stay here.
Also this place is definitely a meet and greet for same sex couples. I would have liked to have known this detail before taking my wife and children here.
Sheets etc stained and don’t feel clean. Who knows how long since doonas have been cleaned.
Staff were bizarre due to company policies.
Pool is quite nice if you don’t mind the company. Didn’t feel I could leave children unattended at all.
Breakfast crappy apart from the egg bar, great omelettes. Coffee disgusting. I Hate, hate, hate Balinese coffee. Not the coffee itself but the way they make it, served with coffee grounds in the cup. Have you heard of filter? Answer everywhere. NO. Bizarre!!!
The gardens etc well kept, great location. Pay a bit more and get a lot more value.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

Love this hotel, beautiful Balinese architecture, our suite had a private courtyard and was fresh clean and inviting. The staff are friendky and nothing is too much trouble. Buffet breakfast is good. Pool is clean and set in beautiful surroundings. Close to shops and restaurants. Would recommend.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2017

I had been in touch with this hotel about having a room on the ground floor because I have a wonky ankle and cannot walk up or down stairs. They assured me that they had a room set up for me on the ground floor. We arrived very late as our flight was delayed by 4 hours. It was 3am by the time we got to the hotel. First off no room set up on ground floor for me. They then wanted to put us in a double room, we are 2 single ladies travelling together. It took them at least an hour to make up a twin room on the ground floor. We finally got to bed at 4.30am. We missed breakfast and they didn't want to give us anything, we only wanted a coffee and some toast, eventually they said yes. Very disappointed, won't be back.

The towels were very sad, the bathmat had a hole in it. Only 1 glass in the room, Oh and guess what ? Lots of steps everywhere, up to reception, to our room, to the restaurant, to the pool.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2017

You step out of the busy streets of Bali and into a little paradise! The villas were traditional Balinese style and he room was very clean and great facilities - free tea, coffee, water, a mini fridge and TV. The pathways are surrounded with green foliage, lovely on site restaraunt with very polite and friendly staff. The pool was beautiful too.
Only a 15 minute walk down to the beach.
There was also an on site travel desk - a god send for a solo traveller who was a bit nervous about finding my own way round. I had my own personal driver for the day and took me to the temples, Ubud monkey sanctuary, coffee plantation etc. The tour didn't actually include any of the entrance fees so we s a little over priced - might be worth bartering down.
My only fault would be that the shower took a good few minutes to warm so I left it running for a while before I got in - apart from that I had no complaints! As a solo traveler I had a great stay and felt very welcome.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2017

Many good points, but quite a few that required attention. Great sized rooms, free water each day, free WiFi, lovely pool, supplied pool towels, adequate breakfast - voucher, shuttle service, friendly staff, close to shops/ good restaurants/ mini markets/laundry/ doctor over the road, drying rack supplied, DVD player available to rent. Great Balinese ambiance.
One power point per room- which was difficult to access, difficult to access WiFi in second floor rooms. Mattresses were appallingly uncomfortable in our units, fridges empty, lack of in-house communication, stairs would be an issue for some, some equipment (jugs) were very old as were the towels and sheets.

Room tip: Good hotel if you are on a limited budget.
Date of stay: June 2017