“Friendly and Personalised Service, Rancho Relaxo Bliss”

The Ulin Villas & Spa
Ranked #3 of 149 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 4 January 2011

We stayed for 10 nights in July 2010 and were delighted with the experience. The one bedroom Villa was amazing - the facilities were clean, modern and very private. The breakfast served in our own villa each morning was such a luxury, with many lovely touches throughout the stay, including returning to lanterns having been lit by the pool side. The most enjoyable element of our stay was the friendly and personalised service - the staff were incredible and nothing was too much trouble. All of our requests were accommodated and met with a smile - we were often greeted with by name upon returning to the villa. We reception was warm and I would definitely recommend and return!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Briana1_11
winawan, General Manager at The Ulin Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2011

Dear “Briana1_11”

It was a pleasure to have you staying with us. It is rewarding to find that you loved your villa, the ambience, the private pool and you were satisfied with the services including the friendliness of our team. Thank you very much for your review. We are excited and look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed 21 December 2010

I seldom write reviews but feel that I just had to for Ulin Villas. Before embarking on my trip and booking the villa, I had read through the reviews on TA. Wait a minute, can a villa be so close to perfection that majortiy of the reviews sing praises about it and there is nary a bad write-up? Can the villa live up to the heightened expectations that I had? Are these reviews actually..... true? The answer is a resounding YES.

I can't actually pin my finger down on exactly what makes Ulin Villas such an awesome place to be in. I suppose it's a combination of everything: the friendly service which never felt faked, the cleanliness of the whole villa, the location that is both convenient (just a minute walk to the main street with shops and restaurants) and yet peaceful and secluded at the same time (once you're in the villa compounds).

The only slight downside to the whole experience is that the breakfast wasn't exactly great. It was edible but nothing to shout about. Then again, breakfast alone is not enough to mar the experience.

I don't think there is anything more I can add that others before me have not already said.... I will, however, verify that whatever good things have been said, it's all true!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear “MPang”

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post your comments about your recent stay with us. We are pleased to find that you enjoyed your stay very much, loved the villa and were satisfied with the services rendered. We sincerely appreciate your suggestions so that we may persistently improve our standard of services. See you again in the future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 20 December 2010

After reading a lof of reviews here we decided to spend 3 nights of our honeymoon at Ulin. Well it lived up to most of our expectations.

Firstly, the place is amazing - the villas, the interiors, the decor, the lighting and candles every evening - its a great feeling. The room is large and spacious, separate hall with a nice TV, outside bathroom with sunken bathtub and the pool is fab - with the spa tables right there for you to relax. The place makes you feel like your in heaven.

The location is another great thing - the place is very close to all the eating and nightlife areas - close to the beach - close to Ku De Ta. The only yhing you cant find close by is lof of typical Bali shopping - ul probably have to go to Kuta to experience that. Going to Kuta isnt that tough - the hotel manages to drop you there if you tell them a bit in advance and there are enough taxis to get around. Kuta is recommended if you wanna do some street shopping.

The service is good but no excellent - but they cater to most of your needs. The breakfast is something that needs improvement - we had it for 3 days but were not a 100% satisfied. Also the food in general isnt great - eat out there are lots of places - dont eat in.

Overall its brilliant - we loves the villas, spent a lot of time indoor, went to all the near by places in the evening.. wonderful experience. Recommended to those who want luxury and comfort!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear “Adithi_85”

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and we are delighted to know that you have had an enjoyable stay. We highly value your comments and suggestions regarding the breakfast and I am committed to address the issue together with our team. Our commitment is not only to meet our guest expectations, but to exceed them. Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 December 2010

I must agree with all the other reviews that this place is amazing. There are some areas that could be improved, such as the breakfast, but this is long forgotten by the wonderful staff and beauty of the villas. We stayed here for a week and there were about 16 of us spread across several villas. We had the bbq one night and the food was excellent, Wira also came to check that everything was in order. Wira is just amazing, she is a wealth of knowledge and knew all of our names and which villa we were staying in.
If I return to Bali I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank Freybaline
winawan, General Manager at The Ulin Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2010

Dear “lovetoshop”

It was a great pleasure to have you and your group of friends staying with us. We are happy to find that you have had a great time with us, loved the villa and enjoyed the BBQ party. See you again on your future Bali vacation.

Stay well,

Reviewed 30 November 2010

I came back yesterday from spending 3 nights in Ulin Villas and Spa in Seminyak.Bali. The marketing line of Ulin Villas is true to its actual character. The Service exceptional, villa beautiful and truly intimate.

Many people have written rave reviews here and I can vouch that they are all true to their word.

There are lot of things big and small which are positive about Ulin. These small things are usually forgotten by so called five star hotels / villas.

Day 1 : Flight was 30 minutes late. Driver was waiting with a smile for us. Good Gesture # 1: always smiling, happy , welcoming , gave us cold towels in hot bali and mineral water. small things that usually dont matter.
Got greeted by Duty Manager Wira and she checked us in personally. Villa was right at the end of the property. She took us into the buggy. We entered the villa and behold - we had a huge pool. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa. Bigger Kitchen, bigger pool...bigger garden....the villa was clean and very tastefully decorated. Good Gesture # 2 : Showed us the whole villa...explaining each and every detail. I just thought in my mind, the villa itself was worth every penny i paid. In the evening, some people came and arranged some candles in the outdoors. The villa just looked stunning. The ambience so good.
Day 2 : Sharp at the assigned time, a person was sent to serve us breakfast. Breakfast is very good. Juice,Fruits,Main dish, coffee. Just one disappointing thing was the choice in main dish for for breakfast (just 2).
Scheduled a spa session for us. All spa packages were at 40% discount !! we chose the herbal spa, for 2 hours. It was pure bliss. The room, the setting, the massage...all was great. Came back and then spent 2 hours in the private pool in the villa. The pool is just huge. excellent for relaxing, lazing and again fantastic setting. Ordered room service for lunch, and it was very good again and surprisingly much cheaper than some of the restaurants in Seminyak.
Day 3: Booked a 8 hour chartered car through the reception (last night at 10 pm). the person on duty was very happy to take our request. the driver arrived on time and took us thru some wonderful places in north bali. Again very good service from the hotel as they have tie ups with the best drivers around. Evening wanted to go out for dinner...but the ulin cars were fully booked...so they called a cab for us. guess what good gesture : "we will settle it". Its not a lot of money, but these are the small things that made me love my stay at ULIN.

I would recommend anybody family, friends, couples to go to ULIN and enjoy the beautifull setting, great service and more importantly service with a smile. Way to go ULIN.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank neerav

Dear “neerav”

Thank you very much for taking your time to write your review and we are delighted that you have had an enjoyable stay and had a great time with us. We truly look forward to welcoming you again.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 28 November 2010

It's been a few weeks since we got back from the Ulin Villas and Spa and we were only reminiscing today.

It was my partner's 40th birthday present and we just wanted some affordable luxury. In Sydney you'd pay $500 a night just for a room in a 5 star hotel to celebrate but here it was almost h;ad the price per night and you didn't just get a room - you got a villa with private pool, and kitchen and bathroom that were partly inside and partly outside.. The bath reminded me of a large Roman bath and it was a daily evening ritual after we finally got out of the pool..

Yes, we went to some lovely restaurants and bars and saw some of the major sights but to be honest this holiday was about luxury and indulgence and it was hard to leave our private space. And Seminyak itself has some quiet stylish shops, restaurants and bars (we would recommend Ku De Ta and La Luciola for sunset drinks/dinner.

The staff at Ulin Villas were wonderful - very helpful but always respectful of your privacy.

It was so great just to be able to book the complimentary car to drive us somewhere when it was humid.

We took the ipod and just popped it into the ipod dock in our Villa and listen to come chilled out music because we hung out in our private garden/pool area a lot of the time..

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HolidayLover9952

Dear “HolidayLover9952”

It was a pleasure to have you staying with us on your recent Bali vacation. Thank you very much for taking your valued time to post your review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and had an amazing Bali holiday. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 November 2010

There are plenty of private villas in Bali to choose from and anyone who visits Bali (or plans to) is aware of that. Deciding where to put your money is quite a task, as it was for us. The excel file we put together (a little cost and benefits analysis for all our options!) showed many winners but we went ahead with the Ulin Villas for the Tripadvisor reviews and ranking, and Ulin Villas' response to our email enquiry. The preliminary correspondence itself was a wonderful indication of Mr. Wayan (the Manager) and his team.
Ulin did not disappoint. At all.
The airport pickup was just right, with a very friendly driver. I think he is called Yudi.
The check-in was efficient and the villa, a dream. We stayed in Villa 11 (I think), a one bedroom villa that was beautifully done up. Since this was our post-wedding holiday, we weren't surprised to find a lovely arrangement of firangipani flowers and rose petals. A lovely touch, among many others. Bali is all about the details.
We've had the opportunity to stay in a few private villas and suites off-late and I can safely say that we haven't come across a better sized private pool or bath tub. The water's also constantly recycled, so it stays clean and clear the entire time.
Our package included a couple's spa treatment (a deep tissue massage that actually put me in a meditative/spiritual sort of state) that we opted to have done in our villa, on private massage tables next to the pool. Both the therapists were wonderful and this is easily the best spa experience I've ever had. I chose to go back to their spa on our last day at Ulin VIllas before we proceeded to another property in Bali (a bigger resort in Nusa Dua- a far fry from this private villa, but equally charming). The spa experience was a well priced treatment and worked wonders for me.
I must also talk about the bath and shower products available to the guests- which were par excellence. I loved a volcanic ash soap that was left in our shower on one of the days (it's not the same product everyday- another fine touch) and found it the best bath product I've ever used. I even went looking for it on many of the island's stores but wasn't lucky.
Finally, I must recognise the food at Ulin Villas- be it the daily butler-served breakfast or the private barbeque at our villa. It was commendable!
The room-service menu (Ulin doesn't have a restaurant but you won't really miss it) was quite extensive and very interesting, with options from the local Balinese and Indonesian cuisine to almost designer-dishes influenced by Japanese, Indian and European cuisine. Every breakfast was a surprise that we looked forward to on waking up. As for the private barbeque, we could pick two kinds since it was two of us. I picked the Balinese barbeque while the husband preferred the Mixed barbeque. With lots of grilled meats, satays and sauces prepared on the grill right next to us, we were pampered with options and flavours by the two butlers. They were both wonderful.

The Ulin Villas wasn't just an accommodation, it was an experience.

A final note. If you have travelled in SE Asia, you must be aware how no other region can beat it's hospitality. However, elsewhere in SE Asia, I have found this hospitality to be quite cosmetic where people are often smiling because it's their business. Bali is complete with genuine hospitality people smile in earnest. Ulin Villas was a fine example of such hospitality. My husband and I would love to be back there sometime in the future.

To Ulin Villas: The only recommendation I could conjure up is- please install hand-held shower-heads in your next renovation round. There were a couple of times when I could have used a more mobile shower-head as opposed to the wall-mounted shower (washing our diving suits etc.) That is ALL I could come up with. Please continue your wonderful work with Ulin.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mcblr

Dear “mcblr”

Thank you very much for your review and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay so much at The Ulin Villas and Spa, Seminyak. Our commitment is delivering truly memorable experience with genuine care. We highly value your suggestion to have hand-held shower head in the bathroom. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Warm regards,