“Recommend for price and location”
Review of The Taman Ayu

The Taman Ayu
Ranked #111 of 149 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 2 January 2018

Such a lovely, traditional looking, budget accommodation in a very convenient location - just around the corner from The W resort and Bali Biku. I booked a deluxe room via Agoda for a total of $36AUD - an absolute bargain. This did not include breakfast, but with so many wonderful choices nearby it didn't matter. As I only stayed the one night just to be somewhere closeby after a late flight arrival, I didn't eat at the hotel at all, so cannot comment on the food. The service staff were nice, although interactions were minimal so cannot comment a great deal here. The room was huge, with a very spacious bathroom and the grounds and pool looked lovely, but I wasn't really here long enough to enjoy. I don't recall there being a safe in the room though, so this may have been problematic if I had stayed any length of time. I was actually really surprised at the size of the property, which went a fair way back from the front entrance. For the price and location, I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are spacious and good value
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

I chose this place for its gardens and Balinese feel and it didn’t disappoint, I really enjoyed my stay and would stay again. The pool is a refreshingly deep blue slice of heaven, pool bar is excellent for friendliness, food, drinks and atmosphere. I stayed in an non-refurbished room, which was a little run down and in need of a little tlc but did not deter from my stay, the room was large and had everything I needed, bed was comfortable and overall the cleanliness was good, great restaurants nearby and location was good, it felt safe and quiet and would stay again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Like a lot of places in Bali, quite run-down and not quite clean enough. I found the bedroom alright, although both bedside lamps had blown, but the bathroom was very average - mouldy and in need of repair, with no wall hook for the handheld shower head (a pet peeve). The balcony doesn’t give much noise isolation so everyone walking past late at night or early in the morning wakes up a light sleeper like me.

The WiFi is TERRIBLE.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

We have spent the last week here and have found this resort to be clean and tidy , staff are helpful but at times they do not understand English as it's not there first language but that's ok with us .
Rooms are a little old and could do with a update but on saying this we noted this was taking place in parts of the resort, pool is on the smaller scale for resort pools,
Would I come back again Yes we would as it's handy to all the things we like in this area of bali

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tearohapatch
Reviewed 27 October 2017

Taman Ayu has everything you need for a few days in Seminyak. Along with a gym, pool with bar, restaurant and central location, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious with all the amenities.

Room Tip: Be aware that you are in between the 2 public beach access points. It's about a 12-15 walk to e...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ricogu
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We got the deluxe room. Clean comfortable and spacious. There is a good pool & best of all the hotel is a short walk to some of the best venues in Seminyak such as Potato Head, Kiln, Sarong, Merah Putih and great coffee SoulBytes, organic cafe etc. Cannot beat the price & location! Our second stay and will be back again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I booked on the same day around 1 hour before check in time. I got a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe room. The room is huge and it has a fridge and a bath tub. Location is perfect, lots of bars, restos, shops, and massage center outside. Walking distance to everything. Price is reasonable for the amenities and the location. It laso has a pool and fitness area. This is now my place to be in seminyak. Thanks!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo