“Always 1st Class”

Ranked #50 of 144 Hotels in Seminyak
Sydney, Australia
“Always 1st Class”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I recently stayed at Anantara again and thought it about time that I added a review.

I have stayed there a number of times over the years and despite the influx of great new hotels in this part of Bali I will always continue to come back to Anantara. Aside from the great position, the excellent rooms and pool/lobby area; the main reason I keep coming back is because of the people.

The General Manager, Ivan, is a first class operator and has fostered an environment where his staff clearly enjoy being part of his team. At this hotel grade you expect good service and nice amenities however to me it is the quality of the staff that sets a hotel apart, and for me Anantara delivers this in spades.

I highly recommend this hotel. Well done to Ivan and his crew.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank marcus_giles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The whole experience was amazing, the staff were friendly, the hotel was one of the best I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Sea View as you can see the sun set every night
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 February 2012

The hotel has nice architecture and an overall "cool" atmosphere. Unfortunately food was well below expectation, and attention to detail was missing. We did not have any big issue and I would not mind if it was a cheaper hotel, but for the price they ask the service needs to be better.
Seminyak beach did not impress, the sand had trash left from the days before and the volcanic sand is dark, I saw much nicer beaches in other places in Bali.
I'll probably not return.

Room Tip: Almost all the rooms have a view, just make sure you get one. They have a nice bar on the rooftop bu...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PauloK1973
IvanBali, General Manager at Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Anantara Guest,

Greetings from Seminyak, Bali and thank you for staying with us recently. Following your review posted a few days ago, we would like to thank you for your time and energy since our guests' perspective is very important to us and so is your constructive feedback for everyone alike, our team as well as for readers and visitors from all around the world.

Thank you for sharing your positive comments about our nice architecture and “cool” atmosphere, we are pleased your enjoyed the ‘hardware’ of our property and we also noted your kind compliments on our SOS Supper Club lounge bar located on the rooftop, this is of course very much appreciated and I will be delighted to shall share your feedback with my team accordingly.

On the other hand, it is with deep personal regret that you did not particularly enjoy our food as well as the attention to detail, for which I would like to personally apologize and if provided, we would like to have more details on your disappointing culinary experiences addressed separately to my email address below, since these are highly uncommon in our very well regarded gastronomic oriented establishment; whilst we do understand that different people have different palates and obviously, different expectations, a more defined constructive criticism is always welcome in order to meet your requirements in this field. Although no detailed remarks were highlighted, it does seem that neither our service nor our team members made an impression on you however, let me reassure you that our biggest strength lies on our highly personalized service provided by our group of talents, always attentive and prepared to assist for any request turning a good stay into a memorable experience; in this regard, I would like to add that this is an area which is usually most complimented and if I may say, it fills me personally with high pride and recognition as it is the 'software' of our resort which clearly sets our standards above the rest of the resorts in Seminyak.

Once again, thank you for sharing your point of view with our readers, I am personally sorry we were not able to please you entirely and my team and I will continue working hard in our efforts to satisfy every Anantara customer so should you decide to give us a second opportunity to make an Anantara first impression, I am confident we would be able to meet your expectations. As usual, please feel free to contact me personally at icasadevall@anantara.com, I am always available for any queries and very happy to assist of course.

Thank you for your attention and we look forward to continue bringing more and more guests to Bali, the Island of Gods!

With kind regards,

Ivan Casadevall
New Zealand
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I cannot think of the right words that describe the 10 day stay at Anantara Seminyak. A friend and I stayed in the Ocean Suites ... the view was amazing ... the room was huge ... large bathroom, great dressing room and the seating area was great. The beds are so comfortable and the pillows to die for. The lounger on the balcony got a lot of use ... very comfortable and a great way to relax and see/hear/smell the ocean ...

On my birthday we enjoyed the dine by design they offered ... nothing was too much of a problem ... even tho we were picky and I think we changed the entire menu ... they exceeded my expectations and the surprise birthday cake was so thoughtful.

SOS bar on the rooftop is a MUST DO ... The tapas are so divine ... and the range of cocktails and drinks is very extensive ... the Raspberry and Basil Caipirinha was refreshing and just one of the many drinks that had a slight twist on them. The sunset was fantastic ....

Breakfast was something we looked forward to every day .... a buffet of the continental with an a la carte menu ensured that our hot dishes were prepared and served as we requested.

Poolside loungers faced the beach and there appeared to be an "invisible shield" which stopped the hawkers from hassling us ... the pool side attendants are adorable ... they seem to predict what we wanted before we did ... Again - the food - AMAZING ... The pool was refreshing and we spent a lot of time cooling off watching the beach and ocean activities just meters away ... I would recommend watching the sun go down while on the loungers as well ... just as amazing - postcard material!!!!

We also experiences the Seafood Buffet on Saturday night and the Taste of Asia on Wednesday night - Both had live cooking stations and I am sure we tried every combination of options ... Again - AMAZING food ...

A special thanks to the "Experiences Agent" (Peggy) who organized tours of Bali for us - an excellent driver and the itinerary showed us the many aspects of Bali ...

Thank you so much Anantara - you made my holiday with a very dear friend and birthday very special ... it is a holiday we will never forget ... I would recommend the resort to anyone who likes to be pampered by friendly staff and looking for memories to last a lifetime.

Room Tip: Ocean Suite worth every cent!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank MJN_Traveller
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Our recent stay at Anantara Seminyak was amazing. The staff are attentive but not intrusive and always willing to help. Our requests were dealt with immediately and always with a smile. Having stayed in Bali many times over 30 years we found the Anantara to be the best coastal hotel we have stayed in. The rooms are large and well appointed with an amazing view from all aspects of the room, even the bathroom!! We will be back in August. Yay!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TracyE58
sydney
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Recently stayed at the beautiful Anantara Seminyak Resort and Spa for the second time and again this wonderful resort met all our expectations. From the moment you arrive at Anantara you are treated with the best service imaginable. Staff are there to pamper you and make your stay memorable Rooms are large and well appointed with balconies and jacuzzi's overlooking the beach and the beautiful gardens. Restaurants offer top quality food and beverages with reasonable prices. Breakfast is the best in Bali with fresh juices and wonderful pancakes and a buffet that suits even the fussiest of eaters. We will be back!!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms located at the centre of the building offer good views .
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank mmhsydney
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Our stay at Anantara was spectacular! The staff here are always smiling they are very professional and will do anything to make your stay with them special!
The rooms are all 1st class, with ocean views and a private jacuzzi on each balcony. The food has been superb! I highly recommend a dinner by design for couples.
The view of sunsetting is best watched from the roof top bar. AMAZING!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple