All reviews potato head executive suite kids club family pool garden pool fat turtle amazing staff big balcony construction noise lovely resort room was spacious merah putih building work beach club walking distance motel mexicola spa services
Reviewed October 13, 2016

Montigo Resort Seminyak has the potential to be a 5 star property but it has ways to go yet.
Whilst our stay was comfortable enough, we were very underwhelmed with the mediocre refurbishment and exorbitant pricing for food and beverage.
Our standard suite was ample in size, big comfortable bed and bathroom. It had a fresh coat of paint here and there and styled just like the pictures. It was ok.
The bathroom needed work. It's fixtures are dated and in dire need of a proper repair.
A minibar is exactly that, a minibar. It needs to contain alcoholic beverages, two cans of iced tea and soft drink does not constitute a minibar. Yes you can order room service but you will pay western prices for it.
All in all the room in my opinion is semi refurbished. I confirmed on checkout with staff that this was indeed a refurbished room so as to write my review accordingly.
The real let down at this property was the Food and Beverage and the prices.
Arriving late we ordered room service. 2 club sandwiches, a Gin & Tonic and 1 Bin Tang. Add taxes, service charges and IDR640,000. That's about $64 AUD.
The bread was stale, barely toasted, lettuce limp and going bad, chicken dry and the bacon was precooked/leftovers. It was awful. The side of fries was it's only saving grace.
The security guard who delivered the food didn't approve of my writing when signing the docket and rudely asked me to 'write clearer". Once I had rewritten over every letter in block capitals this was deemed suitable.
Breakfast was ok. We chose dishes from the a la carte on two mornings and went elsewhere on another. I ordered Eggs Florentine and got Eggs Benedict (I think). I tried to point out the error but the waiter had difficulty understanding what I was saying so I just accepted the dish as I was hungry and didn't want to wait any longer. I should have. Apart from the fresh asparagus, it was bland and boring.
The one day we had a drink at the bar I ordered a Singapore Sling. IDR140,000. I was served cherry liqueur, in soda water. There may have been some gin in there but can't be sure. It was definitely NOT a Singapore Sling. I was going to complain to the barman but he was busy and I just couldn't be bothered in the end.
The front pool is open to the public to increase bar and restaurant clientele and and to cater to party goers with events held in the bar and pool area too. The Friday of our stay there was to be a foam party in this pool. Can't say how that went but we arrived back at the hotel around 7pm there was no evidence of this foam party that was supposed to be on till 9pm.
I think the fact that the hotel is located next to the ever popular Potatohead, it's a big ask to lure people into Montigo for a party.
There are two other pools. One not in use due to construction. The garden pool didn't appear to have any service so don't expect cocktails by the pool there.
At the end of the day, we stayed during a soft opening of Montigo Resort Seminyak and got what we paid for accommodation wise. Our trip was planned at short notice and we opted to try something different that was still 5 star but didn't cost the earth booking only a few days out of our stay.
It's in a great location with easy access to everything. The staff are very nice and friendly but it needs a lot more work to be of 5 star standards. A serious review of the food and beverage standards and pricing is needed. On our final night in Bali we stayed a huge international chain hotel that was 4 stars and paid less for better quality food and beverage.

Would we stay again, probably not.

Room Tip: There are no views from any rooms. Probably quieter down the back of the property.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erin M
Helena K, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2016

Dear Erin M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a very detailed feedback about your stay with us.

I'm really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectation, especially about the quality of food and beverage.

We have taken some necessary actions based on your feedback, on service and menu pricing, and to our staff. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, it enables us to improve our service.

We hope that you will give us another chance, and to experience the true Montigo experience. I would like to discuss this further, I hope you would not mind to contact me by email.

Reviewed October 13, 2016

Stayed 2 nights in a junior suite twin room. Room was spacious and clean. Hotel is located away from the busy streets of Seminyak but conveniently located next to Potato Head Beach Club and several good restaurants. Breakfast buffet was miserable and service in the TIIGO restaurant was slow and not up to standard.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Khavinesh S

Dear Khavinesh S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience staying with us.

It's wonderful to hear that you really enjoyed the stay, especially the room and the location.

We are sorry that the service during breakfast was not up to your expectation, we are continuing to train our team to serve better and faster.

Thank you again, we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 12, 2016

The location of the hotel is very nice, it is very easy to access to seminyak market, seminyak beach(about 15 mins walk) and some of the famous restaurants.

The staff is very nice and helpful, we have a lot of fun there. We also do the SPA in the hotel which is very nice too.

But if you are looking for a great swimming pool but not for the sun and beach, Montigo Resorts maybe not one of your choice.

Room Tip: All room are good
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Siufu13,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review about your recent stay with Montigo Resorts, Seminyak.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and thank you so much for complimenting our nice and helpful staff, it is greatly appreciated.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2016

hotel with a great staff and with a good managment. the new gardenpool and the new opened spa
was lovely for my wife.we will see the hotel when the new building is ready,
than we will come come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Helena K, General Manager at Montigo Resorts Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2016

Dear 878dieterg,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience staying with us.

It's wonderful to hear that you tried and enjoyed the facilities of the Resort.

We hope to see you and your wife, hopefully soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2016

The hotel was conveniently situated in Seminyak - not too many shops in the immediate vicinity so the traffic wasn't busy as some Seminak spots are. The front pool area was great for the kids although if you were staying without kids it would be bothersome as the pool is quite small and the kids can be noisy. There is not enough lounge chairs or umbrellas for the amount of guests staying - although this will change with the opening of the larger pool at the rear of the resort. The staff were very helpful and accommodating to requests, the breakfast was adequate with a choice of a la carte and a small selection of cold fruits etc, and the lunch menu was fine for pool side dining (pizzas, corn cakes, crispy squid etc). We didn't eat dinner at the resort so can't comment but overall the food was good. The rooms are spacious enough for 4 people, with enough storage and bathroom space for a family of 4 or 5. The spa was neat, clean and tidy with a tranquil atmosphere and the therapists were very professional.

Room Tip: The front rooms 1101-1102 onwards are good if you have small children and need to return to your room frequently as it is close to the front pool. If you want to be away from the noise then choose a room from around 1115 onwards.
Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Thank Gabriella Frank... L

Dear Gabriela Frank...L,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review about your stay at Montigo Resorts, Seminyak.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the Resort, the Spa, and liked the location. Your compliment about the staff is greatly appreciated.

We now have 2 pools open, Tiigo Pool for Tiigo guests and Resort guest, and a garden pool which is exclusively for our guest. Soon we will open another pool, so our guests could have 3 choices of pool.

We look forward to welcome you back to the Resort.