“Can't cook pancake”

Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2019 via mobile

Ordered banana pancake for breakfast, not expecting that I would have a raw pancake!! It looks good but when I bite I to it it still raw. So I did not have any. Even a simple ham Sandwiches were just ok, would have feel better if they did not charge such price for a simple food.
All. In all, I have no reason to return here

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (193)

Reviewed September 9, 2019

Went with the hope of having some fresh traditional Balinese food and unfortunately we were served something that I can only presume they thought would cater to a foreign tongue that lacked tastebuds.

We had a gado gado which was just a platter of cooked frozen vegetables an egg and some rice. The dressing wasn’t mixed in at all and was far from authentic or tasty
the fish curry was a gloopy mix of the same tasteless vegetables with some fish added in. It looked strange and tasted worse
The grilled fish was completely over cooked and needed to be soaked in a tomatoey chilli sauce to even be edible. We also found a strand of metal from a metal scourer I guess and on the side were some beans served in a similar gloopy sauce.

I doubt any local would eat here and I recommend any foreigner looking for authentic Indonesian cuisine should look elsewhere.

The staff were very welcoming and the view of mt batur was incredible... unfortunately these aspects could not have redeemed the terrible quality of food served

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed July 27, 2019 via mobile

Well, after googling for "seafood in Tulamben" in the internet, and reading the reviews, i decided to give it a try.
So i drove to that restaurant, imagining grilled seafood.
The menu was rather poor.
Decided to order grilled prawns and garlic bread.

Grilled prawn
Well lets say, if I hear/read the word "grilled", i imagine something COMPLETELY different.
This thing was somewhat cooked, maybe stirfried / sauteed big shrimps with long beans and carrots (both too "al dente"), a yellowish sticky "sauce" which i hoped was butter sauce but it tasted plain and feels more like cornstarch. The rice was quite hard too.

The garlic bread was a literally interpretation of the word. 2 slices of toast with roughly chopped garlic n a bit of butter base.

Sorry, but after all what i read @ trip advisor about that restaurant, i really expected more.

Maybe I should try the other dishes before i write a review but after i tried those 2 things I dont think i want to try other stuff.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 18, 2019 via mobile

- portions were small
- the wait was pretty long. 35 min for the first dish... 65 min wait for last dish
- we were here three years ago and the quality has really changed.

Date of visit: July 2019
2  Thank 874erinn
Reviewed December 25, 2018 via mobile

Read about this place on TripAdvisor and because we were weary of our resort food, we decided to give this place a go as it was only 5 minutes away by car.

Staff was friendly and welcomed us in English. The establishment was simple with
hardly any decor. There was no A/C and they don’t have any fans. Within minutes all kinds of insects descended upon us. Very annoying but Europeans will consider this rustic and charming.

Menu was a mix of local and international cuisine. Their specialty is bbq fish and chicken, which we ordered. The smoke from the grill almost suffocated us and we had to flee to the balcony to continue breathing.

Food was pretty decent and the spices toned down for westerners, but I wouldn’t say outstanding in any way. I wouldn’t make a special trip there for the food.

Oh by the way they offer free pickup at your hotel.

Date of visit: December 2018