“Discover scuba + open water”
Review of Dive Concepts

Dive Concepts
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Dive Concepts!!If you look for a friendly, relax PADI dive centre, you are at the right place. Our team of experienced Instructors and Dive Masters will be pleased to accompany you during your stay.If you've never been diving before, no worries! What about a Discover Scuba Diving. (2 dives included one on the Liberty Wreck)You want to get certified? We offer all the PADI and SSI courses from Open Water to Dive Master.You're already certified? We can welcome you in our resort or organise day trips, which allow you to enjoy our amazing dive sites.We can teach in English, French and Spanish. We are looking forward to dive with you
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I did the scuba diving discovery here and came back for the Open water certification ! The team is really good and ready to help and answer all kind of questions you may have. I’ll come back without any problem when I can.

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"coral gardens"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had 3 nice dives with Komang. One day dive on USS Liberty, the wall and a night dive on the liberty. I liked the liberty night dive the most. Dive Concepts were a pleasure to deal with and if i were diving in the area again, I would gladly dive with them.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Had an amazing first dive with Elliot. If I ever have to dive again in Bali, I would definitely go with Elliot. Dee was really quick at replying to all my doubts and I had a really smooth experience throughout. We were picked up from our hotel and the driver sent by Dive Concepts was really nice as well. He made sure we had a great time on our 3 hour long journey from and back to our hotel.
Met some amazing people on my first diving experience. Thanks DiveConcepts :D

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had a brilliant time on the one day beginners dive with Elliot. We dived at the coral garden and then the USS Liberty Wreck which was truly beautiful! Dee was super helpful when booking and answered all of my questions at almost lightning speed. Elliot our instructor was great and really helped put our group at ease with his combination of humour but also informative tutoring. I had hoped to complete my level 1 course on this trip as I was so pleased with my experience but unfortunately I don’t quite have enough time before my flight home. I seriously hope I am able to return in future though as the dive sites are spectacular. I would highly recommend dive concepts.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First off: I'm giving them a 5/5 review. I don't do this lightly, as I've had some bad experiences with Dive Concepts in the past. After diving with them over 5 trips or so (over the past 4 years), at about a week each time, I've had a mix of good and bad, and I want to list both the good and bad - but to repeat: I'll definitely come back. 5/5.

I'm an experienced diver (1100+ dives around SE Asia), also an instructor. I know what to expect.

For the bad:
Once, when I booked a twin AC room, they gave me and my friend a double bed... turns out they don't HAVE any twin AC rooms, but they never told us until after we got into the room itself and couldn't find the second bed. They brought in a second child's bed, but it was a poor option.

The food used to be pretty bad. Very overcooked fish, nothing was great. [THIS HAS CHANGED]

Prices for car transfers between towns are very expensive, and you can get much cheaper anywhere else.

Management: I've had plenty of minor communication issues with DC management. Nothing BAD, but it's been rough at times. Lovely nice people, but... yeah.

The good:
There is so much to talk about here.
First off, their divemasters. There were (are?) three great DMs. I've had great dives with all of them. Of them, Kadex Yoko is my favourite. He's patient, slow in the water, has a keen eye and is respectful of marine life. The last one is a thin line to walk down. I HATE guides who touch, poke or prod animals to get them to "perform". Yoko will, at most, push away something in the way, but will never harass an animal. He's great at helping take a good shot - willing to hold a torch and help fix the lighting too. Yes, he sometimes brings a camera along, but he never lets it get in the way of being a good guide. The guests always come first with him. I cheekily asked for extra-long dives - and he provided. Every time. 45min?60min? No, we stayed much longer than that. I really appreciated it. I definitely got my money's worth with every dive.

The food: The food is SO good now! My last couple of trips there I was impressed how much better it was! Good prices and great flavours. I highly recommend the indian curry snack.

The air: never had a problem. And now, "free" nitrox (I use quotes, because their prices have increased overall, so we are paying for it - but it's a small increase). Any dive shop that encourages nitrox has my vote. It's inherently safer, and reduces the chance of DCS, so points for that.

The rooms: I'm a fan of their normal fan rooms. 125k IDR per night, and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. You won't find cheaper or better around. Twin or double bed, both are great.

The gear: this is fine, no problems here (though my experience is minimal, since I use my own now). There is no discount for using/bringing your own gear, but it's handy to use on the last day, so your gear can dry out before you have to pack.

Dive centre managers: At Amed and Tulamben - nothing but good, friendly experiences.

So, overall: 5/5. Good accommodation, guides, food.

I cannot comment on their instructors (having not taken a course with them) - but the ones I spoke to seemed friendly!

Location isn't bad either, but everything is fairly close in Tulamben.