“Always the Orchid Inn”

Ranked #8 of 94 Angeles City B&B and Inns
gold coast
“Always the Orchid Inn”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

G'day,Ando here preparing to enjoy another 3 week stay at the Orchid Inn Resort at Angeles.I've been going there for the last 5 years to enjoy the complete package,great rooms,excellent food,icy cold beer,relaxing atmosphere and the greatest staff who will go out of their way to make you feel welcomed and content.The management team have become my good mates,their long serving staff (which are the majority of staff), have become my extended family and from the moment i walk in till the moment i walk out,i feel like i have been spoilt.I spend 3 of my 3 week breaks there every year,and in 6 days time,i'm going back,yeeeehaahhh!I am sooo looking forward to dumping the pressures of my work to enjoy and have a wonderfull holiday at the Orchid Inn.

Room Tip: I enjoy staying at the poolside
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank andoinoz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Cairns
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Having visited Angeles many times I would not stay anywhere else, the friendly staff at the front desk are always there to help out with anything I need. I prefer a room overlooking the pool which are spacious, clean and the maid is always nearby if there is any problems. The waitresses at both resturants always greet you with a smile and are always worth a laugh, the food is great as well. The location of the hotel can't be beat with the entertainment district within walking distance as is the SM shopping mall and a variety of other resturants.
If you want a hotel at a great location with great staff and value for your dollar I don't think there is much better.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Warren M
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Well, let me start by saying I have stayed here and only here since I have been coming to A.C. for nearly 15 years.

I have always liked staying at the Orchid, and think the service, especially from the front desk staff, is top notch. From the time I check in until I check out, I can get any help I need 24/7.

The rooms are nice size (I usually stay in a Deluxe Room), and have adequate amenities. However, the rooms are really showing their wear. The hotel is constantly full, so I guess there has been little time for maintenance - however, there is a huge need for some newer mattresses and updated lights. The mattresses in the rooms I have stayed are sinking in the middle, and are overly hard. The lights are super dim, so rooms are not well lit. Air conditioners are older, but work fine. Bathrooms are showing their wear as well. Really they havent been updated much since they were first built (first time I stayed in a deluxe room was 1999 - and the rooms in the main wing havent changed - hibiscus I think was 2003? I can only speak since those dates - but they are greatly in need of maintenance).

The pool is nice - though I usually dont use it as much as I used to...

Food is ok. It is very expensive as most food in resorts tends to be, but the quality is average. Unless you really have to, I would not eat at the hotel. I used to eat only in the hotel, but over the years the quality has slipped, and the prices have gone up. However, I can recommend the chicken fingers and fries if you need a snack. Omelets use local cheese (the white cheese you can buy at the grocery there), with no option for imported cheeses. I would avoid these. Burgers are decent, but pricey.

The price of the place is around $65 per night, which there are newer places that are a bit cheaper to stay. However, the location of the place cannot be beat. It is right in the corner of the bar scene, right down the street from Tequila Reef.

So overall it is an average place at an average price, with an awesome location. If a nicer place is more important, stay elsewhere. If great location and friendly staff are what you like, this is your place.

Oh! And there are some that talk about the water there - it is a bit smelly at times - but I believe the water is from a well. It is perfectly fine to wash and brush teeth with, just be sure not to drink it...

Room Tip: All rooms are nearly equal - avoid street side in Hibiscus due to trike noise.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank bojislayer
Bathurst, Australia
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Always liked staying here, three or four times now. Poolside rooms are my preferance as they are central in the hotel away from traffic noise. Very good restaurants x 2 and extra friendly staff who give the impression nothing is too much trouble. The hotel is walking distance from the entertainment district, restaurants and shops. I would say this hotel is good value for money, the rooms are spacious and very clean, yes I will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank HappyBill01
seoul
Reviewed 25 August 2011

The room had a strange smell but the tap water had even a worse smell. I was even afraid to wash my face and brush my teeth, much less drink it. I used bottled water to gargle after brushing my teeth cause i didnt want that nasty smelling water in my mouth. The shower water was a little better but still had a strange metallic odor to it.

Nice bed and service though.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank wanderlustSeoul
Panglao Island, Philippines
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I stayed there for 3 days in August. The front desk service is excellent and the beer is always cold. The cost of food is reasonable and very good. The waitresses are always smiling and courteous. The central location is a must for anyone wanting to see the night life.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Wayne R
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 14 August 2011

My buddy and I stayed here from June 27, 2010 to July 19, 2010. I was very pleased with the customer service, they were very friendly and I received good service. When I ordered meals, they brought my food to my room on time, and it was very reasonable. I got steak dinners for under $12 in U.S money. Also, you are in the heart of Fields Ave where all of the action is, I really enjoyed it. The only downside about this place is that they don't give you enough towels and they charge you if you drink any snacks or water from the refrigerator. I would recommend purchasing water at a local store where it is a lot cheaper and you will get more in bulk as opposed to what it is your room. Also, bring your own towel and wash cloth. It is very affordable and if you stay there past 10 days, you get a 10% discount. Loved it!

Room Tip: If you want your money to go far, choose this hotel. Great location, choose the king or jacuzzi room...
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends