“Lunch and dinner with Italians”
Review of Linda Restaurant

Linda Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 381 Restaurants in Phu Quoc Island
Price range: US$3 - US$50
Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

Excellent food. Family owned restaurant. Very good atmosphere and friendly people. Tried vegetable noodle soup and it was excellent. Buonissimo

Reviewed February 23, 2018

This restaurant is a little gem. Yes, you need to be patient but in my opinion the food was worth waiting for. We enjoyed the fish and seafood dishes which were full of flavour, good portions and service with a friendly smile. Oh ... and good value for money.
It is a small restaurant which was always busy.
You will find this restaurant opposite the Salinda hotel.

Reviewed February 23, 2018

Our first day in town. Searched web for restaurants near our hotel. Recent TripAdvisor reviews looked promising, so we thought we would give it a go.
Arrived about 7:40pm and it was full, but a table was just leaving.

We shared pork spring rolls (6) for a starter; they were crisp and not oily. They came with what I thought was a sweet chilli dipping sauce, but it had ginger in it. The sauce worked well with the rolls.

My wife ordered Grilled squid with garlic butter; I ordered Noodles with beef. We shared.

I don't know what the squid was marinated in, but it tasted amazing and was cooked perfectly. "The best squid I have had in a long time" said my wife, and she has had squid several times this Viet Nam trip.

I'm not a fan of pac choi, but it was in the beef dish. Again, I don't know what they did, but for the first time I found pac choi enjoyable.

It is not the cheapest place and the service was possibly a bit slow, but certainly on this day it was worth it.

As we were leaving I asked the owner what "Lin Da" translates as (as "Linda" is our daughter's name). He said it is the English name Linda; he worked as a tour guide (hence his excellent English), liked the name and used it for the restaurant and his daughter.

Reviewed February 21, 2018

Arrived here when it was totally rammed and saw an empty table. Was in two minds about it as so often service can be a problem but decided to give it a go. Thought we had made a major blunder as the owner seemed to have no staff on front of house, doing it all himself and was pretty stretched but we were totally wrong. Yes he was alone, yes it was 100% full, but somehow we got the best meal we’ve had while travelling around Vietnam and it took no longer than the normal wait for this area. Fantastic food and service...this place has a superb “buzz” about it and is great value for money. We make a point of trying as many different places as we can but nothing so far has been as good.

1  Thank Simon D
Reviewed February 17, 2018

Realy nice little place and in our view better than the larger restaurants situated close to them....good food, nice staff.