All reviews breakfast room sunken tub sausage biscuits two queen beds would stay here again rooms are spacious huge room owners are great three nights air conditioner cereal cumbres recliner motel train
Reviewed October 5, 2015

Good location 1 mile from downtown Chama and the train station. About a half mile from the local grocery store. Friendly proprietor and nice rooms. Great rates. Hotel wifi network was fine, but local Internet service was awful. Rooms off the central lounge and breakfast area pick up conversations and activities like you are right there. However, we had a good group of guest and a quiet night. I would stay here again (and again).

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank BackRoadBruce
Reviewed September 10, 2015

I really felt I had made a bad mistake when calling and asking directions and the response I got on the phone was something like I am not there there is a key in your door and so on... Well I was greeted by the families young son and he was very sweet and even offered to help carry our luggage up the stairs for us (our suit cases were bigger than him ) He told us where to eat after asking very sweet. We stayed in a huge room #3 since it had air conditioning ....Very clean and nice only word of caution is they have a very deep tub and getting out of the shower or tub could be a problem for some people (especially when wet ) I would chose a different room in that case but it was a quiet stay and I would stay there again Breakfast is just really a morning snack

Room Tip: If u want quiet air conditioning chose #3
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2015

We have never stayed there before but they had very good reviews so we stayed and loved it. nothing fancy just very clean and comfortable.The hotel owners Kip and Terrie treat you like your staying at there house. The back porch is awesome and the views are great. Their dog Bacon will visit you on the porch if she thinks your a good person.

Room Tip: stayed in room 2 it was great.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eddie S
Reviewed August 20, 2015

Second time we stayed in this Friendly family-owned & operated motel. First time we stayed there was a wonderful surprise at how nice it was. Great night sleep in comfortable, clean bed in a nice room. Room 9 was nice and since we stayed longer than one night, the rate was $75. Good breakfast selection, nice decor, wonderful breakfast room where we played dominoes in the evening. We've stayed there more than once & would stay there again. While there, ride the Chama train.

Room Tip: We like the rooms out back as then there are no stairs to walk.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dem711
Reviewed July 29, 2015

This was the best night's sleep we got on our 5 day vacation hopping from hotel to hotel. The beds were very nice and comfy. The room was very nice. Much better than what I expected from the pictures. We stayed in room 9. For just a one night's stay, it's little on the expensive side, $100 just to sleep is a bit much for my pocket.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family