All reviewsbreakfast roomsunken tubsausage biscuitstwo queen bedswould stay here againrooms are spacioushuge roomowners are greatthree nightsair conditionercerealcumbresreclinermoteltrain
Reviewed October 30, 2016

Great place to stay! Very relaxing. Terri and Kip are great very helpful. Rooms upstairs are each unique, very clean. They feel like home. Lovely view from patio, it's a great place to sit out and read. In the summer they feed the hummingbirds and it's fun to watch them.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phrog_60
Reviewed October 16, 2016

My boyfriend and I had the "time of our lives" while staying at this quaint and lovely inn! The owners were truly remarkable and friendly! We loved #3 room. Awesome kingsize bed, step in tub, the spacious floor plan itself had the feel of home! Stayed two nights.

This will be the only inn that we want to stay at going forward and we already have place to do so this coming spring. Kudos to Terrie and Kip, the owners, of this beautiful establishment! You two ROCK!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank _rcsayshi01
Reviewed September 2, 2016

We enjoyed the room on the ground floor off the breakfast area. Depending on the other guests, breakfast can be loud. Since we were sightseeing, it wasn't a big problem for us.

Breakfast had coffee maker set on a timer and was a large coffee maker. 6 cold cereal choices, 1 or two hot cereal choices, a fresh fruit (bananas with watermelon later in our visit), juice, milk choices, toast or bagels with some toppings. If you drink tea, you may want to take your own tea bags, unless you prefer the generic Lipton tea bags.

The patio area has seasonal hummingbird feeders with chairs to enjoy the hummingbirds.

We enjoyed meeting Bacon, the lodge dog. Very well-behaved and friendly, but she is usually helping/supervising the owners. She is not allowed into the breakfast area.

What we did: visited family, drove Wolf Creek Pass, visited Santa Fe, roamed the foothills, before heading south to Soccorro and Carlsbad.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2016

I want to start off by saying that as we checked in, we were greeted very pleasantly and I was expecting a great stay based on all the reviews that I had read.

Let me start off by saying that the room and overall surroundings are very nice. Bed is very comfortable and amenities are satisfactory (breakfast, i thought was good). We stayed 1 night (thankfully) in early July (July 5th to be exact) - it was quite warm during the days (mid 80s) and very pleasant nights (mid 50s).

The main reason I am giving this place a 3 start (and potential 2.5 stars) was the overall interaction with the owners.

Again like I mentioned, the original interaction when checking in was very nice. I was greeted very well and we even had some small talk. The problems initially started with the "FREE" WIFI. To the best of my ability, this just wasn't there. We just couldn't find the signal in different areas of the establishment. I was informed several times that I should "just connect to the router or connect to the WIFI extender there are no passwords". In fact, I was able to connect to the extender and it brought me to the settings page which clearly was displaying to me that it had NO network connection. I was really never able to see the main network -- even the WIFI extender couldn't see the main network (labeled "linksys" as I was told a few times).

Granted, we were only staying 1 night, I was ok without internet... my issue was in the interaction and responses I got from the owner. Here are a few responses from the owner:
- "The internet light is GREEN on my router, I am not sure what you are doing wrong"
- "My son has been playing XBOX all afternoon long, he hasn't had any problems"
- "I just checked it, it's working for me"
Later in the evening, his son (about 14 years old) came out to the main foyer area. He and the owner asked me again about the internet connection. Apparently, another guest was having problems and his son had gone into their room to help that guest get connected. I was never offered that... his son just asked what kind of phone I was using... I told him Samsung and he replied, "that's the problem, Samsung phones have a problem in seeing this network".... Like I said, I was ok without the internet for 1 night... BUT, the 2 HPs, 1 Gateway CPU, 1 Nexus and 2 Android tablets also couldn't connect ... I didn't mention that. BTW, we travel with 3 kids and are very tech savvy...

I wrote off the whole internet/WIFI fiasco, but only mentioned it here due to the next issue that occurred. We ended up renting 1 of the rooms with A/C. There were no signs whatsoever on operating the A/C and any other appliance in the room. Well later in the evening, my daughter had taken a shower and was attempting to use the hair dryer in the kitchen (not really usable in the bathroom). Upon turning it on, the circuit breaker tripped and we lost power on most of the room. I think only the entry light for the room stayed on. I proceeded to go downstairs and see if the owners could resolve the issue. It took 3 attempts of me asking and the owner doing something behind closed doors before we got our electricity back. Again, no signs were posted on what not to use, but we got the following comments from the owners:
- "I don't know what you are doing, but I have flipped it already so you should have power"
- "Why are you using the A/C and the hair dryer at the same time?"
- "Why are you using the A/C, it's 55 degrees outside, open a window"
- "I haven't had any problems all summer with the breaker, what did you do?"
The overall tone to me was a bit harsh and condescending....

Overall, like I said, the accommodations were very nice but I feel that some of the interactions with the owner just left a bad taste in my mouth to just pass on this establishment next time around...

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor have A/C, but be very weary of using it along with any other electrical appliance.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2016

Family owned and operated hotel. The owners welcome you as though you are close friends returning for another visit. The rooms are clean and there is a nice breakfast in a beautiful cabin with two story windows facing the mountains. Highly Recommended, best place to stay in Chama!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family