“Perfect tranquility with close proximity to town!”
other traveller has booked this property
Location Living Area
Hot Tub
Driveway
Location
Layout
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
jweill
San Antonio, Texas
“Perfect tranquility with close proximity to town!”
Reviewed October 29, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We had several very relaxing days at Farview and will go back again soon. The house is adorable and the hot tub is awesome. We had everything we needed. Made a couple of trips into town but mostly enjoyed the peace and quiet at the house. Just what the doctor ordered!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the peace and quiet
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
30 Oct 2016
Ah yes, relaxing is a good thing...........See you next trip to Taos!
ashlandto...
Ashland, Oregon
“Amazing views, relaxing experience yet close to everything”
Reviewed July 25, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Watch incredible sunsets, the full moon rise and stars from the hot tub and relax in an extremely comfortable and nicely furnished straw-bale on the mesa. Very private yet close to town, the gorge bridge and even the famous Manby Hot Springs.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the views and privacy
Liked least: the bumpy road to get to it
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
26 Jul 2016
Indeed, such a special little place! So happy that you had the opportunity to "tap into" all of that!
G M
Los Angeles, California
“Bad experience”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

The good
Pet friendly
View
WiFi
This house is situated near the ski valley and other local attractions, albeit having to drive about 2 miles on a dirt road.

The bad
For the price we paid, there were very little comforts. The shower was horrible. Could not wash anything lower than your neck. Could not adjust. The owner refused to fix it. The kitchen did not have proper utensils or gadgets. Not even pot holders. This is a very small house that can accommodate only a couple. However they had very big dishes to use!!
There is no TV in this house even though the listing says that they have cable TV/ DVD Player.
Did not provide any activity guides or tour books until after 2 days of our arrival and we were only staying there five days.

The attitude
Terry Sedal, the property manager who was responsible for the reservations was only interested in picking up the checks. When we needed certain items such as different pillows and extra blankets and a flash light, she said that we needed to talk to the owner. When we called the owner, he suggested that we meet him at a place, about 20 miles from where we stayed, so we could pick them up. However since we did not meet him, the property manager suggested that we buy a flash light at the local dollar store and make do with whatever we had in the house.
Terry was NEVER available on the phone number she had given us. We had to always email or leave a voice mail and she would respond after a few hours, some times the next day. When you are in an unfamiliar place in a vaction home, you need answers immediately, not after several hours.
I would not recommend this place or the property manager.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view from the house
Liked least: Everything else
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
20 May 2016
Dear RossLynn Guest. Wow, I don't even know how to begin to repsond to this, for in my 23 years of doing business here in Taos this is the worst review I have ever received (and quite frankly, this is the only poor review I have on this site). I am very sorry that your experience was not a pleasant one, for myself and my team strive to do our due diligence to create an outstanding vision for our guests. I can only deduct at this point, as I ponder why your experience was so different than all the other guests that either stayed at Farview, or my many other rental homes that I have managed over all these years (I have a huge repeat guest base!), is a breakdown in communication from the very beginning. In any relationship that goes astray, that is usually what is underneath it all. As I look back, I now feel that a hotel/motel/B&B, with a front desk and on-site staff, close to town, vs a private rental home in the country with mountain views,may have been a better choice for your stay in Taos. Although I felt I explained fully the details (with all photos on flipkey, maps that told of the dirt road, rural location, and what I felt was a great price ($120/night for a 1bd/1ba home with hot tub and mountain views); something did not go well along the way. Although, large dishes and bed pillow preference, is a personal thing that reflects the home owners choices, the other details were my job. So, again, I am very sorry that your experience was a poor one and myself and my homeowner hear your complaints and take them very seriously. Thank you for taking the time to express yourself in detail and make us aware of these issues.
Terry Sedal -RossLynn Reservations and Elton Moy -homeowner

Travellers are raving about these El Prado hotels

NM
Reviewed January 26, 2012 for a stay in September 2010

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
TX
Reviewed January 23, 2012 for a stay in December 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing