“Great Recepton had by all”

The Club Restaurant at the Sierra del Rio Golf Course
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 16, 2017

We found Smoking Turtle by accident and are so glad that we did.
Bridgette and her husband are fantastic hosts and the food was amazing. We had chicken and shrimo skewers, street tacos, mexican corn (to die for!) black beans, cilantro lime rice.... and they accomodated us with milk for the wedding cake lol.
Thank you Bridgette for that y'all did to conclude our wedding day festivities with a great venue, awesome staff, beautiful smiles and memories galore.

Reviewed August 23, 2016

We stopped in for lunch on a weekday. The setting is lovely, with great views from a large veranda. The food was good but not memorable. I had the sliders, which consisted of grilled white rolls with very good little beef burgers (beautifully grilled) and some grilled red onion. Unfortunately the menu said 'red onion marmalade' which was absolutely not what was on the bun, and left the burger sandwich dry. The choice became eating a boring burger or ruining the basic flavors with condiments. A little more adherance to the menu would have been nice. The server did not know the difference so did not correct the problem. The coleslaw was OK but underflavored as well. We both had iced tea, and got refills of tea but not ice. (attention to detail) It would have been good at a college student union, but I expected better here and would have paid more to get it.

The club seems to have a couple of problems. First is an identity crisis - the construction and furnishings are upscale, but some of the decor is cheesy kitch southwest touristy stuff, like the cowgirl sculpture on the patio and a Mexican metal chicken near the restrooms. Other art is inconsistent and does not suport 'atmosphere' or theme. This isn't whimsey, it's confusion. There just wasn't any 'atmosphere' in the bar and adjacent area.The other issue is the apparent lack of adult supervision. The waitstaff wore miscelaneous street clothes, such as tank top and cut offs, not in any matching theme that identified them as staff. Not saying uniforms were needed, but at least as well identified as Target where staff wears the same color top (red) and contrasting trousers (khaki). When the bar where lunch was served emptied, the server disappeared. A guy, who may have worked on the golf course, was there drinking a beer but obviously not serving customers. I later noticed the server sitting outside chatting with a couple other young women, none identifyable as staff.

There were other odd mixes of elegant and not so much, like nice shelves in the ladies room stalls, but they were almost 7 feet off the ground, so impossible to use if you are an average height woman. One day with a consultant to give the place a clear personality and give the employees a sense of purpose would be a good investment.

1  Thank GretchenNM
Reviewed August 4, 2016

If your looking for a nice place for lunch and great views, this is the place. I had the Philly steak sandwich with green chile which was excellent and the onion rings were home made with red onions and amazing. I would recommend getting a side of these even if your meal doesn't come with them!

Reviewed July 25, 2016

We played golf two times and ate at the Club both times. Food was ok but not great. Limited menu and one day they only had pizza and salads.

Reviewed January 10, 2016

New Year's Eve 2015. The place was packed! I ordered a fruit salad which was delicious and my grandson ordered a side salad which was forgot by the waitress. Our drinks never came to the table . I had to flag the server down and remind her she forgot our drinks. There were 7 people at our table.They were so understaffed for the night it makes me wonder if it might be time for new management AGAIN! This place always flips there management and employees.One guest at our table did not receive her salad for over one hour after everyone at the table had finished eating. I'm not sure about this place. It is beautiful and the location is stunning. Hopefully, management will get their act together and work out the kinks they have been working on for the past 4 or 5 year's or longer.I would hate to see this place totally flop. I will give it another try....The verdict is pending for the mean time.