“A Diamond in the Rough!”
Review of Big Food Express

Big Food Express
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Reviewed 18 September 2017

We came here as a group of nine people (you must make reservations if you have a party of 7 or larger). This place can only hold 16 people on average I think.

We have never been in the area and were visiting with family who were obviously frequent diners here. At first we didn't know what to expect. Outside advertised Chinese Burgers. We were questioning the whole cuisine, but went with the flow. Our family member came here for a reason, right!

We entered this small establishment and nothing special. Very small with tables and chairs. Looked at the menu and was surprised that you could get Chinese, burgers or seafood all at very reasonable prices.

The food came out and was excellent. I mean excellent! Our party exclaimed that this was some of the best Chinese food that they have EVER eaten! The seafood platter was huge and great variety! I don't think you could go wrong with anything here!

The best part of the Big Food Express was its service. We were here celebrating life and the owner cam out and played the guitar for my uncle. The waitress, without even being asked, used her own cell phone and took pictures and recorded our time together and then sent it to us. This touched our hearts greatly to an extent that no words could explain.

This place is definitely a Diamond in the Rough!!!!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Friends,
Big Food Express is just around the corner from us. The folks there have a fairly extensive menu, from Asian, to some All-American fare such as burgers with their own special twist on these all time favorites. There is cold beer available. We often order the fish and chips to go. Call in and it's ready in fifteen minutes. Really! The sweet and sour pork.....same thing...fast..ready...and delicious!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

We ordered Chinese food. When we received our plates we were not explained which plate was what (since the food looked terrible and we did not know which plate was what). I was reluctant to eat it but I tried it since I hate food go to waste. I could not finish my plate (flavorless and I was nauseated thinking I was eating barf by the looks of it !!). My husband had not even finished his plate when an old lady approached our table and asked if we could pay for our food now (seriously?!?!?! we had not even finished eating). After I proceeded to [try] and grab the receipt from the old lady, she refused to give it to me to verify the total. My husband then asked her in a very polite manner about the receipt to what she handed it to him (in a very bad manner). Finally, we paid and left but has not returned since!

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Recommended by Val at The Rocket Inn - excellent. Look for the statue of Bigfoot. Excellent steak, burgers and salads.Very small so call ahead if you have more then 6 in your party.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

After reading about the GREAT burgers I decided to get one as takeout. First, no customers were in the restaurant and food was ready in about 5 minutes. BUT burger was overcooked,underseasoned and basically flavorless.No option to make your own combo. Waffle fries were good. Business is for sale