“Birthday choice”

Add it.
Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers
Ranked #13 of 51 Restaurants in Espanola
Reviewed December 28, 2017 via mobile

My honey’s birthday, and he chose Freddy’s. I had to go in, because I’m not famous liar with menu.

The girl at the register was very nice. We ordered a triple meal, a chicken sandwich meal, a kids chicken tenders a la cart and a side of fried pickles.

All tasted good. All fresh made. Tons of fries (not the case last time), we could have shared. The fried pickles were good. I like the Freddy sauce, and now they have a Freddy sauce.

Pros: good food, fresh made as ordered ( you can watch), clean restaurant.

Cons: getting in and out of parking area is tough (so many buildings share parking area, entrance and exits).

Reviewed August 21, 2017

Freddy's has the best and friendliest service I have had anywhere in Espanola. It is also the CLEANEST place I have seen there! The people were sweet and professional, the food temp was good, the price was okay. But the food was not sufficient to warrant a return trip. One of my friends swears by Freddy's as the best burger ever. She goes to one in another town, so that may be the difference here. I had a single with fries. My basket was over half full with fries; about two taters worth. My burger was so thin the edges were actually crunchy. I'm not a big one for shoestring fries, but I ate all of them because I was still hungry after eating the burger. I didn't know there was a choice of sides either. I think maybe they should stick to desserts. Those looked good! All in all, I left dissatisfied.

Reviewed August 18, 2017

We've tried this drivethrough 4 times. The fries are good. The burgers are... well, they take a steak and severely tenderize it and cook it. So it's really thin. You're mostly getting bun. Since they cook everything to order, the drive thru took quite some time each visit, up to 20 minutes.

Reviewed June 1, 2017

The burger was ok but twice they failed to make my burger the way I wanted it made. I wanted it in a lettuce wrap but the first time they made it with a bun then the second time I asked for no onions but they made it with onions. It did not take long for them to make the changes but it was frustrating to keep asking for my burger to be made the way I asked. My companions burgers were all made correctly. The restaurant was clean and when my burger was made correctly it was very tasty if you like crunchy flat burgers.

Reviewed May 25, 2017

We had heard a little about this place, and happened to be driving by at lunch and decided to stop. The burgers appear to be fresh made and cooked after you order. They are on the thin side, but fully fill the bun, and are griddle cooked with nice crunchy bits around the edges. I had the patty melt, and my partner had the double cheeseburger. Both came with thin perfectly cooked fries and a drink. The prices are a bit higher than some chains, but in line with others. However, the quality and taste of the food makes it worthwhile. On the way back home later in the afternoon, we stopped in for a turtle sundae. We got a regular to share, and as it turns out the mini would have been fine for the two of us. The custard/ice cream was excellent, smooth and dense in texture, and the caramel, fudge and nut toppings were generously applied and delicious. We also noted on both visits that the staff manning the drive through was genuinely pleasant and patient with us as new to the chain. Wish there was one of these in Santa Fe!