“Good Value For Frugal Travellers”
Review of Economy Inn Gallup

Economy Inn Gallup
Ranked #29 of 35 Hotels in Gallup
Coconut Creek, Florida
“Good Value For Frugal Travellers”
Reviewed 19 July 2010

This motel has an unimpressive exterior,but considering the price I paid for my room,it was a good deal.I stayed 3 nights.My room was reasonably clean,my cable tv and air conditioner worked well,and I slept quite well.My shower was very antediluvian,but outside of that,I was a happy guest.The owner has a reticent personality,but he was responsive to my Gallup questions.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank margatemensch2016

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Tried to get into my room at 3:00 PM but it was not ready. Had to wait an hour. Trains 24/7. No hot water in shower. Bed horrible. ( I did not sleep under the covers.) Dried wine stains on bedstand. Carpet littered with candy/dirt. No outlet in bathroom. A/C died during the night. All this for $50. Oh, the parking lot is littered with broken down junkers with flat tires. Management allows guests to party in the parking lot. How AAA could give this an approval rating is beyond me. I would not recomment this place - even to an enemy.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Stephen K

Travellers are raving about these Gallup hotels

Scottsdale
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Not many economy hotels in Gallup, but this is still a bad choice. I found bugs in the shower, along with a large, half-empty bottle of shampoo from a prior guest. I was awaken during the night by an itchy feeling. When I looked under the covers I found a small bug. The carpet didn't look dirty, but my feet were black from walking on it barefoot. Overall the room just didn't seem very clean. I will not return.

Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank BJDealer
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed 18 June 2010

In all my years of traveling across the country, this has to be one of the worst motels I've ever stayed in.
I knew that there was something lacking when I had to navigate the pot holes in the parking lot entrance just to get to the lobby to check in. I entered the lobby to the aroma of Curry cooking and was greeted by Mr. Patel who was very friendly. He pulled up my reservation on the computer and gave us room # 123. I went to the room and entered and found it furnished with what appeared to be close out hotel auction furniture. The front door had gaps around the jamb big enough for bugs and or small rodents to crawl through. The door itself looked like it had seen much better days in an earlier life.
The bathroom had been "upgraded" with a formica counter that covered the top of the toilet causing you to reach under the counter to locate the flush handle. There was a heat lamp in the ceiling but it would not work.
I turned on the A/C and found that it did not have a thermostat but merely a High, Med, and Low setting.
My wife went to get some ice and had to go into the lobby and ask for it and Mr. Patel went to fill her ice bucket from behind the counter.
After dinner, we watched the T.V. and turned in. Then we learned that we were to be entertained about every 10 minutes by freight train whistles. Apparently, we were directly across the street from the point of the tracks where the trains had to blow the whistles as they passed through the town. I suppose that if your a train buff that's really cool but after driving all day long and just wanting to get a nights rest, it was extremely annoying.
The trains (and their whistles from hell) ran all night. I finally asked my wife if she was ready to leave and head for home. She jumped at the chance to get out of there.
I've stayed in Gallup a number of times in the past but never in the Rodeway Inn. I always stayed near the West end of town near mile marker # 16. As we drove west out of town down Aztec Blvd. I noticed how quiet it was on the west end of the "Strip". The Microtel, and other major motel chains are located there. I should have investigated further before booking the Rodeway. Shame on me for that. The cost of the room was about $48.95 which is similar to the other major motels on the western end of town, so it was not a savings thing. I just never thought that the Rodeway was in such a terrible location as far as the trains went.
I can only assume that Mr. Patel is trying to do the best he can but he's not keeping up with maintenance at all and my advise is to avoid this place like the plague unless your a real big fan of railroading.
On a 1 to 10 scale, I'd give it a 1.5.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keats1
Texas
Reviewed 28 March 2010

We were just looking for a clean place to sleep while on the road. Travel alot so always on a budget. This motel is old, doesn't look like much on the outside but we were surprised to find the room very clean, updated ,tile in the bathroom. Great shower. The front desk was very friendly. For the price, convenience and a good nights sleep, we will stay here again.l

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple