Free cancellation until 05/08
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$110
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 7, 2016

I have a family of eight and made reservation through Hotel.com. Check in July 02 thru July 5, 2016. We have experience, the bed are not queen beds, it is full size bed. you notice by the oversize headboard is queen and manager stated it was queen size bed, the A/C for both room was leaking and staff advise it froze up, the restroom had mold on the ceiling, it had a nasty room smell, no dryer, and lastly the water was discolored. IT WAS THE COLOR OF APPLE JUICE!!! My husband and I brought this up to the manager and she had every excuse in the book. We did get a refund back of $25.00 per room, but that was not enough for me. THEY COULD HAVE DONE BETTER.. Also, I made a call to Hotel. com and provided the information. We recorded the water and if anybody want to see leave you email on this review.

Room Tip: Do not check in!1
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank lenoreyazzie
Management response:Responded July 19, 2016

The water in the city had been turned off. This causes everyone's water to run a yellowish color until the mud, etc., gets out of the pipes that leaked in, during the water shut off for repairs.
All our headboards are the same size, queen and king mattresses.
When the A/C is put down all the way, it freezes up the A/C motor. This happens on all A/C's, if it cannot cool the room all the way to minimum, it just keeps running.
I gave no excuse, except for the water. I had no control over that issue.
By giving a $25.00 discount, it was like one room free.

Reviewed July 7, 2016

Basic hotel. Just a place to rest your head and close your eyes. If you are expecting more, go somewhere else. The pool and hot tub have not been functional the last two years. Don't understand why they still advertise that they have them. Breakfast is included with your stay and it's decent. I think for the money and the purpose we use it for (drive a long day to AZ, pull off for a rest, get back on the road) - we keep going back. It is convenient access to I40 West.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room because the smoking rooms stink.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded July 15, 2016

Thank you for taking time to give a review, we do appreciate it. I hope with the new ownership, we will be able to start the rehab and get our pool working again.

Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

Very short stay as we got in late and left fairly early. Hotel is run down, but clean. We missed a majority of the breakfast as it was picked through by the time we went downstairs at 9:30 so go early! There are no elevators so keep that in mind when you need to haul your luggage up the stairs. A pain but it is only one floor up. The pool was being worked on when we stayed, but we would not have been able to use it anyways in the short stay. Pillows and beds are small as I am a big guy sleeping next to my wife. Bed was a bit uncomfortable. Shower was hot and plenty of pressure but toilet was scary as it flushed slow. House keeping staff seems grumpy as we were asleep and forgot to place do not disturb sign on door. They tried to open the door with it latched and then slammed the door waking us up. Not cool! However, friendly staff, convenient and inexpensive to stay here. Good value and I recommend for short stay! Thanks Red Lion staff!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded July 15, 2016

I have spoken to my housekeeping staff. I advised them to gently close the door in the future. Thank you for taking time to let me know. I have forwarded your response to my company, regarding you pillows, etc.

Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

The hotel staff was friendly throughout stay. The room was fresh and clean. AC unit was working great. Extended cable channels. Carpet, bedspread, bathroom all exceptionally clean and well kept.
Cab service for city is basically some person working out of home. Not dependable and over priced.
The manager was kind enough to give us a ride to get food, etc. on busy 4th of July weekend. Very thoughtful. We appreciate your hospitality, and we will definitely return when in Gallup area.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded July 15, 2016

Thank you for your kind remarks, we do appreciate it.

Reviewed June 28, 2016

It was 10:30p when we arrived to the Red Lion Hotel -- after making the reservation over the phone about 6 hours earlier in route of moving to Texas from Nevada. It was surprisingly busy with only ONE desk clerk. The young lady was frustrated and a little short tempered-but it was understandable--she was by herself. She said she asked for help but was told she didn't need help. I got two rooms and after a long day of driving and then waiting in the lobby, I finally got to my own room. It was not bad -- was clean as far as I could see. However, the bathroom was not a pleasant experience. It was very small, you couldn't get in the tub unless you closed the door, you couldn't close the door if you'd already put the mat on the floor. It was difficult getting the water to come on or the shower to work. The bed was reasonably comfortable. We left at 5a so we were there for the hotel-provided breakfast which starts at 6a. My traveling partners had the same experience in their room. Maybe the hotel management should pay attention to activities in town and make sure they have enough staff available -- by the way, many hotels in the area were sold out, which I guess was due to the tournament in town. It just happened that I made my reservation just in time.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded July 15, 2016

I am sorry about the check in. Usually one person is fine, however, sometimes everyone seems to enter at the same time. I will speak to our management company about getting additional help at the front desk in the future.

Thank you for letting us know, that is the way we make changes.