“Clean and new updates!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Eugene, Oregon
“Clean and new updates!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

This location is centrally located and is well managed. The facility is well taken care of and clean. Indoor pool and morning breakfast are satisfactory.

Room Tip: Three stories and I-25 is adjacent to the east end of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank David B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Los Alamos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

My husband and I spent the night of Sat., Jan. 28th at this hotel. We were walk-ins. The hotel is adjacent to Interstate 25, but there was no traffic noise inside the building. The hotel is several years old but seems like it is in new condition. The room was spacious, very clean, had generous amenities, and the bathroom was in sparkling order. I know that everyone has different preferences, but this bed was the most comfortable one I have ever slept in, and I have slept in beds all over the world! The breakfast buffet consisted of a pleasing variety of cold and hot items, the coffee fresh. The dining area was spacious, too, with a high ceiling. Our room w/ 2 queen beds was under $100 after the AARP discount, more than we usually want to pay, but the comfort and elegance of this Hampton Inn made it worth the extra expense to us. In the morning when we asked for directions to a local site, Old Mesilla, the desk attendant gave us a card to take with written, easy-to-follow, and correct directions from the hotel.
Upon checkout I noticed that a sign in the hotel lobby said that this hotel was an award-winning one: I could see why! We would definitely spend a little more than usual to stay here again if we return to the Las Cruces area.

Room Tip: Our room was non-smoking, mid-building facing the parking lot, 4th floor. It was spacious and quiet...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank KNBLosAlamos
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

If there is a better bed than Hampton Inn, I would sure like to try it! The Hampton bed is both soft and supportive, and it's hard to leave it in the morning. This is a typically attractive Hampton Inn, fairly new. Breakfast was ready when I came down at 5:30, and a sign offers the breakfast-on-the-run bags at 5:15 am.
My room's clock radio alarm setting could not be adjusted, but the wake-up call was on time. (The phone gives an extension to dial for a wake-up call but no one answered so I just dialed zero for the front desk.)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank DaylilyFan
New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

We stayed two nights at this hotel while in LC for a soccer activity nearby. We found the hotel easy to access from I-25 and not too far from many different places to eat. Parking lot was well lit and seemed like plenty of parking. We were welcomed by the wonderful staff and check in was an easy task.

We enjoyed the furnishings and decorative pictures posted next to each room number. The kids had a good time stopping to look at each different picture. Our room with 2 queens was very clean and no issues were noted with it. We slept well in the comfortable beds. Was able to use the desk to sit and do a bit of work while the kids enjoyed the nice tv. Lots of hot water for showers and no temp change noticed when running faucet or toilet flushed.

The breakfast was good as others have noted. Lots of variety cold cereal, oatmeal, breakfast breads, waffles, fruit, scrambled eggs, sausage, breakfast potatoes, juices, milk, yogurts, and several different types of coffee to pick from.

Breakfast area was kept clean and lots of space for sitting.

Kids enjoyed going to the indoor pool and hot tub several times. Pool and gym areas appeared to be well kept.

When we are back in LC the next time we plan on returning to this Hampton Inn to stay.

Thanks again to the staff for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank trvl2learn
TUSTIN, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

The Room (304). I asked for a room with city view so I can get a good idea of the surroundings. From my window, I can see the shopping/commercial establishments on Lohman and Telshor Blvds. So within 1/4 mile of the hotel, there is a Target, Albertsons, several fast-food and value-priced restaurants. Steps away is a 24-hour Walmart. Which means that for a biz traveller, there is absolutely no issue of getting sundries and food at any hour. My room has 1 king-size bed; the layout allowed for plenty of walking/exercising space and the bathroom was similarly well laid-out. Instead of a bathtub, that length was a shower stall, which I prefer anyway. My room had both microwave and mini-ref, making it super convenient for take-home leftovers. Cable TV had 30+ channels; I was happy: it included HGTV, Food Channel, Travel Channel. Nice choice of lamp shades; even with those fluorescent light bulbs, the room lighting gave a soft, quiet, warm glow. And there were several light sources one can choose from. As a biz hotel, the in-room workstation is comparable to Hilton Garden Inn--WiFi and wired connections, task table, ports, etc.
Breakfast Buffet. On the hot station were scrambled eggs, biscuits, and sausage gravy. There were no sterno warmers so even under the covers, the eggs ran a little cold. Microwave was next to the hot station, but I chose to brave my cold eggs, which were soft and not at all dry. The cold station had selections of cold cereals, milk, yogurts, fresh fruit salad, and bowls of apples and bananas. For beverages, there were several coffees, teas, fruit juices, water. There was a third station for different breads, danishes, and a waffle maker. I was satisfied, no doubt. Too bad, the plates, cups and utensils were styro and plastic. They could've upgraded to regular earthenware and flatware for a more eco-friendly choice.
The lounge/breakfast area. Spacious, with ample dining tables. The large screen TV on the wall made for good watching while enjoying breakfast. And there was a living room set below the TV, so it really felt quite homey. Nicely painted walls and carpeting, lamps scattered throughout, the big wall clock, and the decor are definitely fresh, new, and made for warm ambiance.
Parking. Plenty of spaces. I arrived at past 11:00pm and there were still several open spots. And much of the parking lot was well lit. I didn't see any CCTV's though.
Staff. Standard level of professionalism one expects from a hotel that caters to business and leisure travelers. I like that they have sundries at the front desk, so I was able to quickly get extra shampoo, conditioner, and toothpaste.
Business Center. Very well equipped with 2 workstations, printer, desktop calculator, writing instruments. That's where I wrote this review :=).
THE DOWNSIDE. The only reason this hotel did not get a 5-star from me is because they chose to use the noisy A/C units. I've stayed at other hotels that also use the same under-window style, but the A/C fans were quiet, especially in the 'low' setting. Luckily, I didn't need to have the A/C run overnight, or my sleep could've been compromised.
Overall, I like the hotel. I will stay here again, and would readily recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Lohman for city view. Ask for 3rd or 4th floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank LGBATMAZ
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

I am so grateful to the front desk staff at this hotel. We arrived late in Las Cruces and had assumed (so wrongly) that we could find a room. We went from hotel to hotel and ended up at this Hampton Inn. They, of course, were also booked, but the person at the front desk (I'm so sorry that I didn't get his name, but it was really late by this time and we were so tired) was so helpful. He explained that there was a special event at White Sands and that every hotel in town was booked except for a brand new one that had just opened, not far away. He walked out of the building to help give us directions, pointing out where to drive, turn, etc and explaining in detail the location of the hotel (I was confused, so the details were much appreciated). Thanks Hampton Inn!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TwoFourTheRoad
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

On our recent road trip to Texas we stopped in Las Cruces for the night on our way home to AZ. The property was very convenient to the expressway, but far away enough so that there was not highway noise. The front desk staffer was very pleasant and helpful. Our room was a suite on the 4th floor. Very spacious, very clean and well equipped. The beds were like sleeping on clouds. The morning breakfast was outstanding with many hot & cold food choices. Price was not cheap, but was reasonable for what we got.

Room Tip: If you can afford the suite upgrade - do it. It's well worth the extra $
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple