New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Mesa, Arizona
“thoughtful employees”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

My stay was enhanced by Chris at the front desk as well as other front desk people and bar and restaurant people. They went out of their way for me as I was dealing with a terminal mother at the hospital.
Thanks again,
Carol J Baker

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hotel705, Diana Peru- Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Thank you Mrs. Baker for sharing with TripAdvisor your recent experience during your visit at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces. I appreciate you mentioning Chris and praising our employees on the service that was offered to you. We are greatfull for you taking the time to post your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Alamogordo, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

We went to Hotel Encanto at the recommendation of my parents and LOVED it. The lobby and rooms have a beautiful decor, the rooms are comfortable and the staff is great polite and helpful.
At $98 for 1 night last minute (that's after tax) it's not a bad value either.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the mall will be more noisy
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patrick U
Thank you for choosing Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces. We strive to offer our guest a authentic cultural experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please thank your parents from us for the referal. We look forward to your next visit.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I was glad that I used TripAdvisor's coupon for the Hotel Encanto. The lobby is old-world and quite impressive. The staff at the reception desk was welcoming. The room itself was comfortable.
The downside of this hotel was the wireless internet was down the 2 nights I stayed. I needed internet access and was finally able to get it in the Mesilla Coffeeshop-The Bean.
The hall was noisy at night with children running to their rooms. At one point someone set off the fire alarm, but no fire was on the premises.
I won't stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Adoberanch,
We are pleased that you were able to take advantage of the TripAdvisor promotion. It also wonderfull that you notice our spanish-colonial decor in the lobby and you were happy with the comfort of our guest rooms. And its always great to read that our staff at the front desk offered top customer service. I will apologize that our internet was down during your stay unfortunately the parts didnt arrive till Monday morning. I will hope that you would give us another opportunity when you do visit Las Cruces, some issues are just very hard to control.
Albuquerque
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Four of us stayed at this hotel Encanto. We arrived at 9pm on 4/12/12 it took about 20 min for us to have the waitress bring us water...there were no other people I the dinning room except us. We ordered guacamole, it was grey in color and tasted terrible, we order another one, the same. My friend order a steak cost 44dls it was cold, we nd it back, when it was brought back, the rice cold, so my boyfriends, rice and beans, my hamburger was raw.
The next morning, I ordered two eggs and a sausage , it took so long as the waitress said"they had to crack the eggs". This is a beautifully decorated hotel, it is too bad their service is so bad and they do not watch for details.
I upgraded my room:no water bottles, the water was slow to drain...a mess, no shampoo...someone needs to supervise.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Patricia C
hotel705, Diana Peru-Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear Patricia C.
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor for your recent stay at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces. I am happy to read that you found our hotel to be beautifully decorated. Heritage Hotels and Resorts take great pride in the cultural history of the area and highlight that throughout the hotel. Your experience that you had at our property is very concerning and I have begun an investigation into the issues. Please contact me directly by calling the hotel’s main number; I would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly on this matter. I was under the impression that our Hotel Manager on Duty and Café Espana Supervisor addressed these issues before check out.
Monterey, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

As soon as you walk in the lobby you can see the old-world rustic style furniture and decor. The Southwest style floors just adds to the ambience of the place. The staff was friendly and answered all my questions about my stay. They gave me the room I requested.

The room was comfortable with an old-world charm look to it. The bed was comfortable. The amenities was in working order and everything you needed was there. I didn't do room service but instead went to their dining area downstairs. The food was good but nothing to rave about. Service staff was friendly and they were attentive.

In my stay I had to rent a car. The rental place was a 15 minute walk to the mall across (I only had a few minutes to get there before the rental company closed). But due to being tired from a long 10-hour drive and the fact that they were going to close soon I was hoping the hotel had a shuttle that could take me there. At first the staff said they do but later found out that the only driver for the shuttle was taking his lunch, break or was no longer available. I was not told this until I checked back at the lobby. I didn't have time to call a taxi and just went ahead and walked to the rental place. Luckily I made it. I'm sure the hotel was probably under staffed or something but they were still courteous.

I would definitely come back to this hotel as overall, I slept well and enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hotel705, Diana Peru-Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear TRTW
Thank you for the sharing your comments with Tripadvisor on yor stay with us at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces. I am pleased to read that you began your cultural experience from the moment that you walked into the lobby. Our main goal is for all guests to have the same feeling as you right from the beginning. I will share with all the staff on your high remarks on their costumer service that was offered. It is also wonderful that you are a Senior Contributor and get a lot of readers finding your comments helpful. Also thank you so much for posting the lovely pictures, we look forward to your next visit.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Every time I come to Las Cruces for business I always stay at Hotel Encanto because I feel right at home. I recently traveled to San Francisco and Chicago for business but the hotels I stayed in did not live up to Hotel Encanto. Once I was told I was needed in Las Cruces I was excited because I knew the place I was going to stay at was safe, comfortable, and in great location to the city. Only downside was my first night after much travel the alarm clock in the room next to me went off at 5am and was really loud. I called down and spoke with Bobby about the situation and within 2 mins it was turned off since no one was in the room (now that is great service). If you are traveling and need time to relax I highly recommend going into Azul on Friday night for music and drinks. Chelsey our waitress was excellent and took good care of me and my friends after a long day. I really have to thank Chad, Diana, and Yvonne for an excellent stay and can’t wait for my next business trip to Las Cruces.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hotel705, Diana Peru- Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you LadyHawk86 for posting such a high comments on your stay with us at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces. Being compared to hotels in cities such as Chicago and San Fransico is a great honor. We strive to give each guest a Southwestern cultural experience from the moment they walk into the lobby. Thank you for taking the time to mention our employees, including myself that made your stay memorable, I will definately be sharing it with them. We hope that your will recommend our property to your family and friends that will be traveling to the beautiful southwest. We look forward to your next visit.
Bernalillo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

This was our first time staying at this hotel and we had a wonderful experience. The rooms were clean and didn't smell. The location was superb. The reservation manager Chad Ozment was curtiously and very helpful with our stay.

We look forward to staying at one of your places again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Venusd1,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay with us at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces. We hope that the cultural experience that we offered will bring you back to our property very soon. I will thank Chad for standing out and offering high quaility service. We appriciate your business.