“Things aren't always as they seem”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ojo Caliente
Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ojo Caliente
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Things aren't always as they seem”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

The service at this property leaves a little to be desired. From the desk clerks to the restaurant servers. We started our excursion by calling to try and re-schedule our evening massage to another day, and was told we are still going to charge you for the massage. The lunch the next day in their restaurant was met by another person who told me, that he would not be able to do what I asked and that he had the rest of the restaurant to take care of and left.
That night in the room it felt sweltering and the thermostat although said it was on cool was kicking out heat. When we informed the desk upon our check-out, they said it doesn't cool because that isn't hooked up yet, and "sorry". I suggested they might want to tell people that and maybe offer a fan. The Supervisor thought that sounded like a good suggestion.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Shawnkirch
Lori C, Guest Relations Manager at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you for your review following your recent visit to Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort & Spa. We appreciate the opportunity to address the concerns you raised.

We apologize for the misunderstanding which occurred regarding the rescheduling of your spa treatments. The customer service representative you spoke with may have thought you wished to cancel your appointments. While we do have a 24-hour cancellation policy for spa treatments, we are more than happy to reschedule treatments free of charge if at all possible. Your comments regarding your dining experience were immediately shared with our Chef, as we agree that your experience was not acceptable. We appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention, as it is our desire and intention that all of our guests receive genuinely gracious and accommodating hospitality in all service areas.

We apologize too that your room was too warm for your comfort. We utilize geothermal technology to heat and cool the suites, and this is slower to respond than a conventional central heating and air conditioning system. It is normal for these rooms to take several hours to change temperature. As a result of your comments, we have reminded our housekeepers to verify the proper thermostat settings in all of our rooms, and we will make every attempt to provide better information to our guests as to how our systems function. In the future, please be sure to report any problems to our Front Desk staff so that our maintenance staff can immediately address them.

I would like to discuss your experience with you personally, and ask that you contact me at your convenience via my direct phone number at (505) 583-3221.

Eric Martinez
Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Ojo Caliente feels amazing, like being transported to another place entirely. My sister and I split a "High Desert Getaway for Two" for her birthday. Since she lived in the area, we made a day trip instead of staying the night (the spa has specials for NM residents as well). Be sure to plan ahead as the private soak and massage needs to be scheduled prior to arrival. Since we had a spa package, our lockers were complimentary. We also had robes, flip flops, towels, and toiletries. If you do not have a spa package, you'll have to bring your own and pay for a locker rental on top of admission.

First we took advantage of the several pools available. Our favorite was the mud bath, which is available seasonally. I forgot to bring sunscreen, so we had to buy some in the gift shop and it was predictably expensive. The pools were amazing. Since there were several to choose from, we were able to move to a different area if we were feeling crowded.

For our private soak, we were given a small pool enclosed on three sides. The fourth side was open to the beautiful cliff-side. The desert scenery added with the breeze and the soak was the perfect combination for tranquility. My sister and I took turns floating in the tub (even though the tub was plenty big enough for more people) and reading our books on the deck chairs. We did not have a fire going in the fireplace because of burn restrictions that year. We then went to our private massage appointments (which were in separate rooms). The whole day of soaking had loosened a lot of my tension already and made the massage more effective.

We did not have a dinner reservation, but were seated immediately at the wine bar. In a way, I thought it was a little more fun because we were able to chat with the bartender as he served the wines. Our food was excellent. I would recommend a reservation, though. After we arrived, the bar area and restaurant began to fill up. My sister and I decided it was an amazing experience. Next time we plan to bring our husbands and spend a few days.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

My fiancé and I got away for our birthdays after a really busy few weeks--we drove up from Santa Fe. The service is remarkable at Ojo, we felt genuinely welcomed. Our Pueblo Suite was huge and so comfy--we built a fire after dinner and it was really romantic. Private tub, spa treatments (very special Ancient Echoes treatment) and the new Kiva Pool all exceeded our expectations. This is a New Mexico spa: relaxed, rugged but refined, and totally influenced by the surrounding landscape. I felt reconnected with my home and truly felt we got away from it all even though its only a short one hour drive.

Room Tip: The Pueblo, Plaza and Cliffside Suites all get you access to the new Kiva Pool, which is totally wor...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jenandmattsantafe
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

During mid February my wife and I spent four wonderful days at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs in New Mexico. Our north cabin was immaculate, comfortable and quiet. Every single service staff performed beyond our expectations, treating us with courtesy and respect, going out of their way to make our stay fabulous. The hot springs themselves were everything we could have wanted, clean, healthy and fun. And, of course, the Artesian Restaurant in the old hotel served marvelous food in a gorgeous setting. The spa at night was magnificent and the pinon pine fireplaces fun to sit around. We did yoga and found the yert yoga site very restful and the instructor Cherie an expert in her field. This trip could not have been better---and we had a special deal that stretched our dollars.

Room Tip: North cabins are perfect.....
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Ojo was so much more than I had expected. My friend and I spent 5 wonderful days there in total relaxation. Accommodations were super and the staff was incredible....from front desk to therapists to housecleaning....I will be returning! I have spent time at many spas throughout the US and also Mexico and this spa gets an A+. Forgot to mention that the restaurant is also excellent and they even shared one of their recipes with us. Thank you again, Jorjett, spa coordinator, for making this stay so peaceful and relaxing.

Room Tip: We stayed in the cabins and were quite comfortable...especially liked having the kitchenette.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Great place!! Quiet, not huge...very comfortable and the pools are great!!
The restaurant was tooooooo pricey....separate charges for salad etc. In town there is a small restaurant....cant remember the name..."___?___ View" Very good and a lot cheaper!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
middletown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Okay so my review is a bit late, my hubby and I went for 7 nights 8 days in 2010 and we loved every second of it. We are hot springs junkies and we love going to health retreats as well, so this is right up our ally. There are so many wonderful details, I could write a book so I am going to keep it short by saying you will not be disappointed by making a choice to visit Ojo. By the way, camping is not hte way too go here, stay in the hotel or cabins. We are looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
#1 of 3 in Abiquiu
29.9 km away
Ohkay Casino Resort Hotel
Ohkay Casino Resort Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ohkay Owingeh (San Juan Pueblo)
34.7 km away
39.8 km away
Adobe and Pines Inn B&B
Adobe and Pines Inn B&B
#1 of 2 in Ranchos De Taos

Been to Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!