“Nice friendly.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Quemado
Largo Motel and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Quemado
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My son and I topped there in early March, 2012. Had a great burger. Very friendly staff. Particularly in young lady working in the restaurant. My son commented "how does a girl develop a great personality like that in Podunk, No where, New Mexico". (no insult intended). Very cold in the morning (18 degrees) but never noticed as the room was nice an comfortable. Ate breakfast at cafe in the morning and off to Lake Quemado.. Notced young lady from restaurant walking to school, remembering us, she waved. Very friendly place. Priced right. Plenty of parking for our long trailer and truck. We will return.

Room Tip: We had very expensive ATVs, Generators, etc. Park at side of Cafe, well lighted and can see from roo...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Greyrooster99

Reviewed 19 March 2012

The staff here couldn't be friendlier - they really are very nice people. The room I am currently in is spacious, the bathroom is large, and there's cable/internet. The only reason that I am writing this review at 2:45am (with a looong work day ahead of me), is because while relaxing on the bed a movement caught my eye - sure enough, BED BUG. I'm too creeped out to fall asleep now. I will definitely be garbage bagging all my clothing up and leaving my suitcase in their dumpster when I leave at 6am!
I sure hope they effectively deal with this problem because it really is a nice little motel!

Room Tip: Avoid room 26.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank JM505
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Nice big rooms, very clean, and the staff couldn't be friendlier. We arrived after they closed, so they left a key in the door & we paid in the morning. Everyone treats you like you're a neighbor. The cafe is great too and right across the parking lot. Wireless Internet & plenty of parking even if you have a trailer.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Benizziranch
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Should you find yourself planning to travel through the mountains of southcentral New Mexico, here is lodging you can't afford to pass up. The Largo Motel is an almost new motel (2008) which replaced a decrepit old building. The rooms are roomy, quite comfortable, and well designed. The designer added nice features, e.g. a wooden bench just outside the large stall shower. Our room was well back from the highway and highway related businesses (most of the units are), and so was very quiet. The only downside, and not one that bothered us, was the lack of a coffee pot and hair dryer. And the year 'round rate is very, very reasonable. The young woman who signed us in and later served us a tasty dinner, had a million dollar personality -- really made us feel welcome! BTW, if you stay in Quemado, don't fail to visit the Pie-O-Neer Cafe (fantastic home made pies) in Pie-Town, which is about 25 minutes west of highway 60. We highly recommend both businesses!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jack S
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Quemado, population 194, has a rockin' hotel and cafe with the Largo. Brand spankin' new hotel interior and exterior; we had a spacious room, sitting area, big screen tv, and a large bathroom and fluffy towels. The cafe is open late and has great Mexican food. Hunters,truckers, and locals grazed a well stocked salad bar while we were there.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kage1313
Reviewed 28 March 2011

My husband and I were very pleased with the recently renovated Largo Motel. Our room was toasty and comfortable, and their restaurant made a mean green chile cheeseburger. The 'small' is HUGE! The only small issue we had was that the walls between rooms were quite thin, and a guy next door snored rather loudly. This would be remedied by simply asking for a room on the end of the motel. Overall, we really liked the Largo - fresh rooms, friendly & courteous staff, and great food. We would return if passing through again!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank reya76
Reviewed 29 December 2010

It was new, well designed and very roomy. I was there with a friend to go hunting and we had lots of room for all of our hunting gear. The owner was very friendly and accommodating. The restaurant was excellent, best food in town. Don't go there without eating a green chili burger. I do plan on going back.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Betty47163

Been to Largo Motel and Cafe? Share your experiences!