All reviews neon sign coffee maker ed dryer mattresses cleanliness microwave amenities carpet wifi motel tv pass stop
Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

Well room 101 and 102 had bed bugs.. took to owner and he was very aggressive and defensive.. air conditioning didn't work. Hadn't been update since 70s at least.. after a brief heated discussion he finally refunded money on all 4 rooms and we left.. he was well aware of his situation and it was very apparent...

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Angel P
Reviewed September 20, 2017

This was our third time to stay at the Robin Hood Motel over the past years...absolutely love the character of this quaint little place. Has the basic amenities needed for my travels....in room coffee pot, microwave, hair dryer and of course color TV. The beds are comfortable and the room quiet ....oh and the price is excellent!. Sorry to hear that the restaurant on the premises is no longer open, but there are other restaurants in the vicinity. Ed the owner is awesome....he adds the personal touch compared to Hotel chains....

Room Tip: Right on the main highway, a view of the mountains across the highway
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sharon W
Reviewed September 6, 2017

When I travel, I like to stay away from corporate motels and stay in locally owned places. The Robin Hood fits that to a T. Ed, the owner, and I had a couple of interesting talks about various things. Reminded me of road trips with my parents back in the 60s. I ended up staying 3 nights. Close to the Interstate and restaurants, a food store, etc. Very clean. Only thing that may be of concern to some people is that there is no microwave in the room.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed July 13, 2017

If you're looking for a big ol' fancy room with a flat screen, lots of amenities, and a free breakfast, this isn't it. If you want to see how people used to travel, experience a bit of nostalgia, and support a local business, then this is the place for you! We, as some other have said, spent one night on our way to Colorado. I couldn't pass up the neon sign, and the place was well kept up on the outside (so sad a lot of these vintage motels haven't been taken care of).

The owner has managed the motel for 45 years, and is just the nicest! The place still has real keys (no electronic locks), an orange carpet stripe on the wall, and lots of brown furniture. There is a coffee maker and a hair dryer, but that's about the fanciest this place is going to get. There ARE double sinks, and the room is quite large. It's clean, and the mattresses are hard, so if you can't sleep on a hard mattress, skip this place. It was quiet, had an outdoor pool (also kept up), and cable. There was wifi, but we couldn't get a good signal. The place does allow pets. We don't have one, but I know those motels are getting to be few and far between. On the plus side, I did not smell any pet smells in my room, and I have a strong sense of smell. I would love to see a little bit of updating done, but still keeping with the vintage decor and theme of the place.

Did I mention we stayed for under $100?

If you're feeling that vintage feeling, I'd definitely say to give the Robin Hood Motel a try. If I come this way on a road trip again, I'll stop in.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

Ed the owner is super to deal with. Great motor lodge room in a town full of big corporate boxes with no customer service. Try it and you'll be back. Thanks Ed for taking good care of us. We will definitely be back.

Stayed: March 2017