Best Western Rivers Edge(Red River)(Great Value!)
US$140
Riverside Lodge & Cabins(Red River)(Great Value!)
US$144
Lodge at Red River(Red River)(Great Value!)
US$106
  • Restaurant
Ponderosa Lodge(Red River)(Great Value!)
US$104
Three Bears Lodge(Red River)(Great Value!)
US$85
Alpine Village Suites(Taos Ski Valley)(Great Value!)
US$104
  • Spa
US$252
US$244
Laguna Vista Lodge(Eagle Nest)
US$100
Agoda.com
  • Free Internet
All reviewswithin walking distanceski liftseparate kitchena great place to staymain streetrooms are cleannext yearlodge
Reviewed January 26, 2017

I have been staying at Arrowhead Lodge for years and the nightly price was always very reasonable for what you got. Beds were just okay, rooms are small, bathroom even smaller, no bathtub - all of these things were not bad in them self when considering the reasonable nightly cost and great location. However, I booked a room last month after the Lodge took over new ownership and the nightly cost literally DOUBLED from what I paid under the old owners last year. I'm sorry but the same room and double the price? No thanks. Make some improvements to the rooms and we might start staying here again but for now this is good-bye.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TiRu16
Management response:Responded March 2, 2017

I am curious because we are using the same rate schedule that the previous owners used. If you somehow perceived a price increase I would welcome communication with you to clear this up.
We absolutely have not increased pricing from last year and certainly have not doubled any pricing.

Reviewed January 17, 2017

There may not be a closer location to the main lodge when skiing in Red River. Arrowhead Lodge was extremely convenient!

The cost was highly affordable, and our lodging included a kitchen (a huge plus for us) and had plenty of room for everyone to be comfortable.

Know going in that it's rustic - but it's northern New Mexico in the mountains, so that comes with the territory.

The people running the lodge could not have been more friendly or helpful, and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank curtis485
Reviewed January 15, 2017

Two good things - the property is centrally located and literally across the street from the major lodge/ski lift, and the guy running the place is a hoot. Not so good - you are looking at very basic lodging, and dated.

Room Tip: ask about room size, many differences.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Rich D
Reviewed December 3, 2016

This lodge was a little hard to find at first, because it’s behind the main road in Red River. It’s right across from the actual ski park. Perfect place to be if you are coming to ski. It’s a little older, but most of the lodges here are too. It was recently taken over by another individual, so the reservations got messed up a little. I suppose that’s to be expected; sometimes there are bumps and hiccups along the way when new owners take over. The room we reserved had not been cleaned, so the owners quickly set us up in a different room and I was grateful of that. The room we ended up in had a kitchenette which we really enjoyed having. I didn’t think I would use it, but we actually did. We bought groceries at the local store and cooked our own meals. We did eat out a couple of times also, because I always like to try the local restaurants when I am away from home. The cabin was plenty of room for us two, and the beds were comfortable and clean. The blankets were soft and they provided lots of pillows on each bed. Plenty of clean, fluffy towels and wash cloths as well. The place was heated by an old floor furnace which was kind of noisy and the warmth did not extend into the bathroom, so it was very cold in there. The water got hot quickly, which was nice. They provided pots, pans, dishes and silverware for cooking. I wish they had provided a scrubby pad though, because it was hard to clean things adequately with just a wash cloth. The kitchenette had a microwave, stove, oven, fridge, good-size sink, dining table and chairs. There was a decent size TV, which was nice when you just want to catch up on news or watch a show. We were there during ski season, so there were a lot of big, noisy trucks coming and going. I was glad I had ear plugs. There were no phones in the cabins, but there was free WiFi, which was handy. The new owners seem very nice and I think they will do a good job once they settle in. I would come here again.

Room Tip: The numbers start closest to the road, the higher the number, the furthest from the road.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank casabear
Reviewed December 2, 2016

My family of five (hubby, myself and 3 kids ages 18, 15, 13) wanted to celebrate Thanksgiving and my birthday by going on a ski trip. I decided to book our stay at Arrowhead Lodge because of the reasonable prices. Booking online was easy and management was nice. We stayed in room 4, it had 2 double beds, a set of bunk beds, small fireplace and a full kitchen with a microwave. It was stocked with pots, pans, cooking utencils and table setting for 5. The lodge provides firewood. We bought groceries at a supermarket before getting into town and I cooked all our meals in the room which saved us a lot of money. The room had everything I needed to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner. I was also able to make our entire Thanksgiving dinner with the cookware provided. If you need specialty items then bring those. For example a peeler or gourmet knife for carving. The kids roasted marshmallows and we made s'mores. The shower had great water pressure and we were all able to take long hot showers. Wi-fi is very spotty. You have to be near the office to connect to wi-fi but that didn't bother me. All rooms are first floor and parking is right outside your room. The lodge is also within walking distance to the local grocery store, ski rentals, and shops in town. My favorite thing about this lodge was that it was directly across the street from Red River Ski Area. We could walk right over to the ski resort. We had an amazing time! We traveled from Dallas, TX and it was well worth the 10 hour drive to Red River, NM. I would definitely do it again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family