All reviewsgreat for familiesgreat place to staymarlakitchentownlodgeaccommodationsamenitiesedgemountainsunitsratesnm
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Rooms are clean staff are nice
With one concern,,
My nephew was outside cooking
Listening to latino music
When he was told to turn off music
Because not all the guest liked it, hmmmm!! Was it the listening to music
Or the culture behind the music,
On contract it stated quite time for
Hotel was at 1100 pm and it was 300 in afternoon.
As a family we paid 700.00 for two
Nights.. to go camping but room are more like hotel not cabin.. I feel price was not worth it,

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank bbeezerk
Reviewed July 9, 2017

We were passing through Red River and only spending 1 night. The rooms at the lodge are definitely no frills (by this I mean shampoo, conditioner, coffee, air conditioner, hair dryer) but it was very clean, extremely peaceful and the price wasn't bad. I would stay again and bring all the things I mentioned-except an air conditioner. Luckily since you're in the mountains, open the windows and the room cools down.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

This has everything you need for a home away from home. You can not beat the price for a two bedroom room, with living room and kinchette/dinette. The Group Room was equally laid out well and works perfectly for a large family gathering.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2017

We made all of our arrangements a year in advance for our reunion. Marla was the only operator to return my email (I message 3 other places) and she worked with me via phone and email to make sure we had all of the information we needed to book the group room and the rooms we'd need for our family. Then, a week before, she sent me a follow up email, listing all of the family members who had made arrangements. On the day we arrived, several of our family members had already checked in and were already very pleased with the accommodations and Marla's warmth when they arrived. We stayed 3 nights and were grateful for the group room and its fully equipped kitchen! We were also glad that the location was down the road from downtown Red River as it made for a much quieter stay.
We have already been talking about coming back, just my immediate family, because we enjoyed the lodge so much.
Book this place! You will be so glad you did!

Room Tip: tell Marla what you'd like and she'll fix you right up!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2017

My family and I went up on Fathers Day weekend. The owner was super friendly and welcoming. My parents arrived a few hours before I did, I was paying for the room as it was a Fathers Day present, she had no problem with giving them a key before I arrived to pay the room. We rented two units, we were very pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms. The room on the"Elk Lodge" side were a little dated but still very clean. They were spacious and had everything we needed. We enjoyed our stay so much that we are going back up this weekend.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family