Alpine Lodge & Suites
Best Western Rivers Edge(Red River)(Great Value!)
US$140
Alpine Village Suites(Taos Ski Valley)(Great Value!)
US$100
  • Spa
Hotel Ryland(Red River)
TripAdvisor
Ponderosa Lodge(Red River)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Travelocity
All reviewsthe riverski areahot tubski liftin townwood stovegrounds are beautifulski tripwalking distancethe kitchenroom was clean and comfortablebedroom cabina great stayfire pitthe location is perfectowners and staffliving area
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Used to go skiing in Red River when I was a teen in the 80's and I think that was the last time the Alpine was updated. Had a Magnavox TV in the room that I haven't seen for years. It would occasionally cut itself off and then back on. I've seen some showers with the water reduced but this took it to new levels. I can only describe it as a "mister" shower head, I like hard mattresses but the mattress in this place was stiff as a trampoline. If you've ever stayed in a "Best Value Inn" for 39.99 it would be on about that level but since its in a ski area i suppose $100 a night is not too bad. Checkout time is 10:00 AM by the way. Don't get a room by the stairs because you will hear everyone going up and down with ski boots even though the hotel has asked them to be quiet by posting signs.

On the positive side, the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The hot tubs are locked, private, and pretty nice. Best of all, you are only a couple hundred yards from the lift.

Room Tip: Stay on the end away from the stairs.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We went skiing in Red River, New Mexico from Jan 2-Jan 6, 2012 and we stayed at Alpine Lodge in the stand alone log cabin. We had the best time!! The cabin was great- rustic, cozy and homey inside with a wood burning fireplace!! It had a back porch, a nice yard area, where our boys created an awesome Texas snowman and a bench to sit by the river !! Red River is a traditional, non-commercialized town with local folks running the businesses and restaurants and it was awesome !! It was relaxing, simple and perfect !! We totally enjoyed our stay, and skiing & playing there, and we will go again some day !!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I highly recommend the Alpine Lodge...with a special emphasis on its suitability for families. On our first full family skiing trip, we were located within walking distance from all that the town had to offer and walking distance from the slopes. The cabin in which we stayed was clean and perfect for our family of 5; warm and cozy with all of the amenities we desired. I had questions for office staff during each of my nightly visits to the office area, and they were always helpful and polite. Due to heavy snow, we requested to lodge an extra night earlier than our reservation date. There was no hesitation and no problem. The playground was filled with snow and the nightly firepit added to the ambience. The fitness center and hot tubs were on our mind and were very accesible, but we were too snuggly in our cabin and just got lazy. Check for the package deals with the ski center because the Alpine works in partnership with their offerings...great $$$ deals! Stay at the Alpine Lodge and your trip to Red River will be a joy.

Room Tip: The cabin is great for families. Two adults and three kids had plenty of room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Brett B
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We have stayed at the Alpine Lodge now for almost ten years straight during the December half price weekends. We have no plans to go or stay anywhere else. Red River is a family friendly town and the Alpine Lodge fits that mold exactly. We love the friendly people there and it's access to the ski area (which you can walk to!). It's convenient to everything in town and very reasonable pricing. We also love the hot tubs!

Hightly recommend staying at Alpine.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I went during the 1/2 price December days. I paid 75 a night. I don't think I would pay more than $100 a night for 2 people. Close to slopes and very friendly staff.

• Stayed: December 2011