US$89
Budget Inn(Roswell)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$36
US$35
All reviewspicnic tableseggs and sausageroom was cleanan older hotelhot breakfastoutskirts of towncoffee potexcellent staygreat place to staystay there againstaff was very friendlygreat pricebreakfast barhome away from homenew mexicofridge and microwavemain street
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Check In person was unfriendly to say the least. Room was in bad shape.. let me add they wanted 5$ each if you did not return the blank room keys... Best advice is not to eat the ' breakfast '..WOW I have stayed at Choice hotels around the US and this is the worst one ever . I will add the grounds people did a good job of keeping area clean... unlike the room.. and again the staff were ...... This was our 2nd trip to Roswell and our first and last stay at a Roadway Inn .

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RodewayInnNM-WY, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Roswell, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry you did not have an enjoyable stay here as the large majority that do stay here encounter. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Went to see Roswell events. Availability of swimming pool was very limited. Either open too late or was being maintenanced. Even though called in advance to make sure pool was available. Window units must be updated or placed in another area in order to cool the room.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We appreciate your feedback on your stay. Unfortunately having a pool comes with a lot of responsibility. The time you were here a kid had a bloody nose which required us to perform certain functions in order for it to be safe and clean for the rest of the people wanting to swim. This function does take time and I'm sorry that it interrupted your stay with us. We hope for another chance to earn your 100% satisfaction.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Thankfully we only stayed one night here to get some rest on a road trip. The room was extremely overpriced. The hotel was on the edge of town, extremely outdated, and uncomfortable. The desk clerks were helpful and friendly, but that was the only positive. We spent $170 to sleep in a bed and take a shower. I would have been comfortable paying $50.

Room Tip: Update sheets and mattress. Check shower drains and get better cable if you are going to advertise that as an amenity. Update your booking website to make it obvious that only specific rooms are pet friendly, instead of labeling the entire motel as pet friendly.
Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm sorry that you feel the money you spent was not worth what you received. Based on what you wrote I'm to assume you had two rooms for your traveling road trip. We manage our rates very closely with our competition and will do what we can to be better.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope you made it home safely.

Reviewed July 9, 2017

i booked at this place ahead on-line for the fourth of July week-end. i drove about 800 miles from California, only to be told that they were full and that i suddenly had no reservation. any place that does that to someone who books ahead, for a few more dollars, i really don't think very highly of. no offer to help find another room some where else. just rude.

Room Tip: find a room somewhere
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

I am not familiar with the situation you are talking about but I am sorry if that is truly the experience you had at our hotel. Doesn't seem quite right but there are many moving pieces to that equation. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip.

Take care,

Reviewed July 7, 2017

The TV worked well, and the pool was very nice and clean but the room had an awful smell, and wasn't fully cleaned when I arrived. The shower still had hair in it (before we had used it) and there were boogers smeared on the walls by the bathroom. I later told the front desk about it and they assured me that it would be cleaned... but I had hoped something like that would be taken care of beforehand. The hand towels in the bathroom were grey and worn with a note that said they were "worn" but had been cleaned. Apparently the hotel is too cheap to buy new washcloths after they start to get discolored from being used so much. As for the staff the first person I met didn't smile at me once and couldn't have seemed more unhappy to be there. The lobby closes at 10 so the hotel isn't being looked after through the night, in case you need help. Also, as a little bonus, if you write a negative review on here you get a snarky comment from the manager!
here's what my sister got in reply to her review:
"we absolutely do care about our hotel, our guests and our reputation. I'm sorry you feel otherwise. I'm glad you had an opportunity to vent your anger after you checked out without reporting any of your concerns.
Have a great day,
Tamara
CHOICE HOTELS GOLD AWARD WINNER"

Room Tip: get new washcloths
1  Thank curliefri

The washcloths in the guest room that have the note are left there specifically for people to use for messy stuff; cleaning windshields of bikes, and the like. These are not the washcloths left for bathroom/bath tub use.

The cleanliness of the guest room is absolutely unacceptable and I'll agree with that. We have made several changes to our processes so we can spot things like such better.

Thanks for staying with us,