All reviews picnic tables eggs and sausage room was clean an older hotel hot breakfast outskirts of town nice pool coffee pot stay there again excellent stay great place to stay staff was very friendly breakfast bar new mexico fridge and microwave first floor main street
Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

Better then other Rodeway's I've stayed at, rooms were clean and quiet. Cindy was awesome, the place wouldn't be the same without her.

This is not a complaint by any means but more of a suggestion from my inner child.
I know alot of choice hotels have the make your own waffle station and I was kind of hoping for Alien shaped waffles.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
RodewayInnNM-WY, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Roswell, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2018

Your compliments to our staff, property and your stay warms our hearts. We are very grateful that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again soon!

About the alien-shaped waffles - sorry man! If we come across such a unit we will most certainly keep you in mind!

Take care, be safe and be well,

Rodeway Crew

Reviewed April 10, 2018

This is an older property, and my room had some wear-and-tear and older furniture that would be expected. The bathroom had liquid soap dispensers with no bar soap provided. There was no formal desk in the room, and the table did not have an open electrical outlet nearby. The bed was fine. While most of the property was well-lit, the lights in front of the rooms on the north wing were not on.
Overall, a good option for a low cost room, but don't expect anything fancy.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
RodewayInnNM-WY, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Roswell, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2018

Thank you for your response. I'm sorry we didn't inform you we had bar soap at the front desk. We have found the soap dispensers are very user friendly without waste.
We have repaired the lighting and are grateful for you mentioning it.
Take care
Cindy

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

We made a reservation through Choice hotels corporate reservation desk after midnight for that same evenings stay. The representative on the phone at Choice hotels indicated that we would have no problems if we arrived at three in the morning they would hold our room as it was pre-paid and nonrefundable. When we received our email confirmation it stated that the office closed at 10 PM but to call a certain number if you will arriving after 10pm. We called the number and did not get an answer. After calling the Roz well police department they were able to reach someone and gave us an alternative phone number to call then the one posted. Upon calling the phone number provided by the police department a woman answered and indicated that they do not have this on the reservation list that they printed at 10 PM. Obviously they would not have if we booked it at midnight. She insisted that the reservation was for the next night when I insisted that she log into the computer and check sure enough I had a same night reservation. She flat told me that they would not be letting me in to my room. In this part of the state you could be SOL without a hotel room if you don’t have one booked in a timely fashion. This woman canceled my reservation. When I called corporate back then indicated that I would need to talk to their resolution department. This experience was awful.

If you stay at this hotel regardless of arrival time after the front office closes there is not a way for someone to reach a guest unless they know your room number. If you select zero out of their electronic answering service to get an operator the system hangs up on you.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer V
RodewayInnNM-WY, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Roswell, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Thank you for sharing. Again, I am sorry that the person who made the reservation for you made a decision to overlook our booking restrictions and make it appear to you, the customer, that there would be a room reserved for you.

I hope you found a comfortable and clean place to stop along the way.

Tamara & Staff

Reviewed March 21, 2018

We were very disappointed with the check-in process. It was an extremely long wait. All the required preliminary information was provided upon reservation, but we were asked to do it again. The room itself was fine, though the bathroom was not properly cleaned. The breakfast was the most basic we have seen at any hotel. The hotel was picked based on the huge amount of positive reviews. After spending a night we had a feeling the we had stayed at a different hotel, not the one reviewed here by many.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

I am very sorry that your experience here with us was not what you hoped it to be. We apologize for the long wait to get checked in and for the breakfast not being what you hoped it to be also.

We appreciate you staying with us and for providing your candid feedback. We will keep working hard at being the best we can be with what we have as an award-winning economy property.

Our hope is that you enjoyed the rest of your trip away from home.

Be well,
Tamara & Staff

Reviewed March 13, 2018

I plan on staying each and every time I come to Roswell, which is weekly. Hotel is of older vintage but is well maintained. Has a great courtyard pool area which I suspect makes this a prime summer spot

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RodewayInnNM-WY, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Roswell, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2018

We are grateful for your response and visting us.
And yes, we have the only grass courtyard and largest outdoor pool in Roswell which makes for a very busy summer.
See you next week.