“Thembi we miss you !!”

Londolozi Private Game Reserve
Seattle, Washington
“Thembi we miss you !!”
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Thembi was the name of a gal who put our visit over the top! I can honestly say that I have never in my life, experienced such total perfection. Game drives with Eckson and James who were our tracker/rangers made for maximum exposure to the wild that is Africa! Kerry, Dani, Sean... the names go on and on because you just don't want to leave anyone out when talking about the most incredible experience you have ever had. The attention to detail, the relaxed environment and ability to interact with their guests as if they were personal friends makes this the... I just cannot describe it accurately, other than to say... "perfect place to visit". The views, the rooms, the food, the people, everything was just beyond any expectation I could have had. I will never recommend a hotel/safari more strongly than I will when I speak of the Varti Camp in Londolozi! (Rm #4) Thanks again to the Shangaan people!

Room Tip: As long as it is in the Londolozi group of camps, you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jerome D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Had the absolute pleasure of experiencing the Londolozi lifestyle and now I want to go back! We stayed in Varty #3 and nothing could have been better. The entire staff made our stay so pleasant and every member of the staff, from entry level to Sr. Mgmt., is so pleasant and genuine. These guys know how to host people! If you ever get a chance to stay here, do it! You'll never, ever regret it!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Just amazing, I was at the Granite Suite for 3 nights with my wife. No need to spend your time reading more...amazing lodge, excellent food and wine. A life time experience...worth every dollar.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MarioCunha
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I think i can say that i had the best vacation in my life at the Londolozi Game reserve. Nothing could be better! The service, food, people were simply great! I had the best time of my lif

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank IpekB
Mumbai India
Reviewed 19 November 2011

We stayed at Londolozi, Granite Camp in October and fell in love. The 3 rooms that make up this intimate camp are literally in the bush. Elephants tromp metres from the outdoor pool (virtually invisible electric wire between you and them - don't worry) in one of the prettiest and most eco friendly settings for any lodge I have ever stayed in. We loved the approach of Kate, the lodge Manager who could not do enough to please us and make this a truly outstanding experience. Andrew the Ranger was knowledgable and involving and eager to give us new and different sightings and he certainly did. Our bush dinner was one of my most memorable nights in Africa. My husband and will be back. Thank you. Samantha and Niki Nayar

Room Tip: All very similar
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We stayed at the Granite Camp.Everything about the place is for the rich and famous...me being neither...just someone who wanted to splurge a bit. The staff, the food, the accommodations the service all was the finest. The respect for the animals, and you do get to see them all and then some, was so appreciated by all animal lovers.It is a trip I will not forget!!!I have traveled a lot but nothing can come close to this combination of the wild of the animals and luxury of the camp. WOW!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bubbieruth
Australia
Reviewed 16 November 2011

My new husband and I spent four nights at Londolozi after it was recommended to us by a travel company. We had come from Capetown and had amazing service and rooms until we got to Londolozi, so it had big shoes to fill...... Well, what can I say, this has to be the most amazing place we have ever stayed in anywhere in the world! The service and attention to detail from all the staff is absolutely incredible...... every little detail was taken care of and as it was our honeymoon, there were a few surprises which were incredible.......We stayed at Varty Camp and when we first arrived, we were greeted by Sean and Dani, who were amazing! We had the WOW experience from the second we arrived into the camp. The setting, the location and the quality of rooms is brilliant and we got to know so many of the local village people, many of whom work at Londolozi as trackers....... this place is simply breathtaking in every single way and should be a top 50 place to stay for everyone...... we cannot fault it at all and we would highly recommend Londolozi to anyone...the owners should feel so proud of having an amazing team of people working for them who care so much about what they do...... everything was consistently brilliant, especially our ranger Adam and tracker Solly.......and the refurb that has been done is superb.... complete with plunge pool and private deck, Londolozi is the most amazing getaway you could ever wish for.......

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple