“Amazing farm to table restaurant and lovely shop.”

Hunt and Harvest at The Mercantile
Ranked #28 of 91 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

This is the most amazing addition to Ruidoso in years! The food is truly amazing and the team is great! We loved it so much we ate there twice in the same day.

1  Thank machp

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Came across this place while strolling the main shopping district in Ruidoso, a refreshing surprise. The Mercantile is very reminiscent of the “Fixer Uppers” Silos in Waco, TX. On a much smaller scale. A casual restaurant shares the space. They serve innovative, locally sourced food,made by a chef who obviously knows what he/she is doing. We had a banh mi made with a tasty beef ribeye that was perfectly cooked, pickled veggies on a scratch made baguette. It came with homemade crispy fried purple sweet potato chips...yum!

The desserts, breakfast pastry, and breads in Their bakery case
looked amazing.

If you are looking for something different then the usual Ruidoso fare go here!

1  Thank TexasTerriSa_Tx
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in on a Sunday lunch. Neat place with some shopping available for hot sauce lovers and other things like jalapeño pistachios and pickled quail eggs. Menu is very good with some interesting sandwiches and mains. The sandwiches are served on their home made breads which is delicious. So 5 stars on the food. I gave them three stars because of the service. They only had two people working the floor and one of the was also tending bar. So it took a long time to order and a long time to get the food. The ladies next to us waited 45 minutes. The waitress did comp their food so the acknowledged it and took care of it. I had to go up to the bar to get my tea refilled and get togo boxes and pay the bill. It’s a fairly new place so I hope they get the service worked out. I’ll go back but there are a lot of good places to eat.

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

We had taken a walk before dinner, and we decided to stop in to take a look at their merchandise when hubby decided it was a good time for an alcoholic quaff. We indulged in the Happy Hiker IPA, and ended up staying for dinner. Hubs had the salmon and said it was expertly prepared; I had the green chile chicken pot pie. While I was unable to find or taste any green chile in the dish, I was also aware that it is not yet harvest time for the green chiles (we were told that TH&TH had only opened recently) and was nonetheless happy with my selection. Their bar specialty drinks bear study with the innovative libations offered.

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Very cool place with lots of local foods. We started with the green chili mac and cheese, it was so good! I had the salmon tacos on blue corn tortillas. They said the salon is caught by locals who go up to Alaska every year. My husband had the slow cooked elk tacos and compared it to carne gusada. Both plates were served with elote. My husband loves spicy foods so he ordered the bloody Mary, but it was too hot even for him. It has ghost peppers in it. The service was great and our food came very quickly. For our appetizer, 2 meal, and 2 drinks our total was around $70. It's a very neat place, but a little pricey.

1  Thank Trek621085