“THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Ruidoso Inn

BEST WESTERN PLUS Ruidoso Inn
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
Dallas, Texas
“THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

my husband works in oil fields so we stay in hotel very often never in my life have i had a stay like this one my husband had arrived a couple days before me so we had to change rooms the next day we had to recheck in to move rooms the hotel manager came out and stated that the whole room was covered in vomit i guess trying to mortify us and that she had charged 350.00 for cleaning it up so of course i wanted to know what in the hell was going on and after 45 min a total different story came out it was only in the bathroom around the toilet so my husband used the towels to clean it up so it was only in the towels so she charged us for the towels the maid who got sick cleaning it up and the maid drug the towels out of the bathroom and got it on the carpet so for cleaning the carpet to but what i dont understand is why not bring the garbage bag in the bathroom finally after catching her in a bunch of lies she brought it down for 150.00 my husband wanted to go somewhere else but i said why not just stay i have a 2 year old and it is not easy loading everything up and moving then that night when we came back the young girl at the desk told us that the manager would like to speak to us in the mornig about wether or not we was going to have to purchase a new couch becouse my daughter spilt some ice cream this hotel is a scam

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank dallas101

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

What a difference a few months makes! Recommended this place in April 2011, but just returned from a disappointing stay. No towels, toilet paper or tissues in the room. The only toiletries provided (besides soap): shampoo and conditioner, no skin cream or mouthwash. The iron was broken. The breakfast buffet was pitiful--in fact, so limited that we went elsewhere to eat. The beds were comfortable, the wi-fi worked well, the service from staff was fine.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nvholst
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

I had such a terrible experience with this hotel. I had made reservations weeks earlier based on an acquittance recommendations. When i walked in the women behind the counter didn't greet me but keep gossiping and laughing really loudly...then comes a younger lady from behind a door and greets me and I give her my info and she looks concerned. She then tells me that the had to take me from two queen beds to a king size...I told her that i had my two kids with me but the only thing she could do was offer a roll away and a crib. Fine. We get into our room and many things weren't working....sink, toilet, and fridge. I called to the front but didn't get an answer. I called back again and was placed on hold for about 5 minutes before I hung up. I decide to say something when we leave for dinner. As we get to the front desk area it's packed! the front desk person is BUSY!! and i couldn't believe she was the only one there...to do everything...answer phones, check guest in, handle all the problems no one with her not even maintenance or house keeping!!!!! When i asked her if someone called in she said no. So of course her being left alone there was no way our problems would be solved until the next day.
As a manager of a business I know what it takes to run a business successfully you need to be there for each other not blaming each other! I think the management is lacking!! There doesn't seem to be a lot of team work and no one smiled during our stay.
so many of the amenities were out...
Fitness room treadmill didn't work
Breakfast items were out of stock
Hot tub was out of order
Free wifi was non existent.
Soda machine took our money.
I think my friend got this place confused with some where else because this wasn't not what I was expecting. Oh and when I went to check out they charged me for the crib and the rollaway!!! an extra $40 for their mistake....it took some explaining and about 15 minutes to get that charge off.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ElPasomom1967
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel over the Memorial Day weekend. Unfortunately, we had several problems. The tub would not drain; the front desk's solution to this (after a long delay) was to send us up a plunger! That didn't work; so eventually, long after our expected bedtime, they sent up a man who took apart the drain and got it working again. The exhaust fans didn't work. The hairdrier didn't work. The exercise machines were broken. Reporting these things had no effect; the reception seemed to have been left to inexperienced help on this most busy of weekends, and no "real management" was available. The lady taking care of the breakfast bar was most concerned about her tip jar, but ignored the situation when an elderly gentleman accidently dropped on the floor a ladle from one of the gooey white dishes (yoghurt? cottage cheese? nothing was labeled) and then unfortunately stuck it back into the serving dish. The carpet in our room was disgracefully dirty. And...Sunday morning, the water wouldn't reach the third floor. The lobby was filling up with irate people when we checked out. It wasn't the poor receptionist's fault...but who left her with no backup and so many problems? What's wrong with the management of this hotel? The least expensive room when we booked was over $200 with the taxes--the price was way above and beyond the quality of the stay, which was sketchy at best. We won't want to revisit this one!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2011

Our large rooms with high ceilings have to be seen to be believed. There were two queen beds in the bedroom and a king bed in the living room with loads of room to spare for a sofa, easy chair, TV, etc.

On the down side there was much evidence that maintenance is not given a high priority. We had a broken coffee maker, lamps with hard-to-operate switches, faucets with water spouting out where it shouldn't, etc.

A basic breakfast is served in a small, dark breakfast room.

I recommend this hotel for families that want room to spread out, but not to others.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank wonderfulworld
southwest
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2011

We stayed one night only on our way back home & thought it would be a safe bet being a Best Western & based on the reviews. What I can say is the room with the two beds was very large, more so than an average hotel room. So, we really felt comfortable in it. But, no ice machines at all were working, anywhere on the premises. And the breakfast room was quite small, not near enough tables & chairs, although there seemed enough room to put more in. The breakfast was the worst yet of anywhere else we have stayed, below average. I cannot recommend this Best Western, maybe the other one in town would be better, but who knows. I have noticed in recent years that Best Western just isn't as good a quality as it has been in years past. Not sure what the problem is, but it's not good!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank texgal50
Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2011

We visit Ruidoso often, and have stayed at several hotels in the area. This is by far our favorite as it catered to our small family very nicely. The room we stayed in was very spacious with microwave, and refrigerator. The bathroom had tub and sink, with another vanity with sink outside the bathroom. It made it easy for more than one person to get ready for the day. The bed was comfortable which is always a must for me. Breakfast was good. There was a nice indoor pool, and a shaded area with tables and a grill. We also liked the outdoor play area for children, there was a well kept slide/swing set. After this stay we will book this hotel everytime we visit Ruidoso.

My only complaint...the water pressure was a little low. I was assured by hotel staff that they were actively working to fix the issue, and that it should be fixed very soon.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank tlcleck
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruidoso
5.2 km away
Comfort Inn - Midtown
#6 of 23 in Ruidoso
1.7 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ruidoso Downs

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Ruidoso Inn? Share your experiences!