“Fantastic burger”

Rio Grande Grill & Tap Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Rio Grande Grill & Tap Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 93 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

I got s basic burger but it was anything but basic. It was the best burger I’d had in a long time. Along with that I had a house Chardonnay before and with it. I got the salad side and it was really good too. Kudos to this cool restaurant

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

Staff appropriately attentive, friendly and helpful with the menu. Hand made VERY good fries, hamburger and turkey sandwich. A slow Monday after lunch rush. Will be back!

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

We live in the area in the summers so we should have known better. Because another restaurant was closed, a friend and I decided to try Rio Grande since it was close by. It had been quite awhile since my husband and I had been there, and in hindsight, my friend and I should have stayed away, too. One of the "specials" of the day sounded good to both of us: fish tacos. After waiting quite some time, we sipped on "near tea", or tea that is really water in disguise. Our orders finally came, but what a disappointment. Three cold tortillas with some kind of crumbled fish that seemed close to uncooked, 5 or 6 tiny bits of bland tomatoes and "don't-blink-or-you'll-miss-them" strips of cabbage were the contents. Nothing was seasoned and was pretty tasteless. There was nothing else on the plate either: no rice, no beans, not a hint of presentation. I got through 1.5 tacos because I was hungry, then gave up. Perhaps other items on the menu that are made consistently are better, but this dish was a big miss. The service was just as bland. I won't ever go back here for all the reasons above and the prices are definitely not in line with what you get.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

We have been visiting the area around Ruidoso. Last night ( the day after Labor Day) we had a very hard time finding an open restaurant for dinner. We saw lots of cars at RioGrande, so we decided to try it. Despite having few tables with patrons, the wait staff seemed very stressed. After waiting about 10 minutes, we stopped our server as she went by and begged to order. After thinking about our experience, we decided that we had irritated her right then! We ordered meals and the famous bacon wrapped dates because we were really hungry. She brought our drinks and then we waited. After 30 minutes we inquired about our food and she told us that she had messed up entering our order and had cancelled it instead of ordering it! 30 minutes later we were just angry and asked again. We heard that the main chef was out for surgery. Finally, after an hour, we left. Oh- we did get our dates, but they were terrible. Some were not cooked, some were burned. Our waiter told us that they were too tired from the weekend and that the kitchen staff could not cook without the main cook. Why were they open?

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

The night after our less than stellar visit to the competition, Rio Grande excelled. We had a very attentive and knowledgeable server. Neil(Neal) took such great care of our group. He offered suggestions, did not have to tell us they were out of anything. He kept 4 flights of beers accurate. All the food was great and tasty. I would hesitate to recommend this location and we will be back on our next trip to the cabin. Keep up the good work.