All reviews plunge pool game viewing sabi sands attention to detail varty family private deck guest experience south africa food and wine three nights bad weather star quality lovely lady a king size bed by chance hundred times kids club
Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

I was blessed with being able to visit Founders Camp at Londolozi this past week. My parents had been to Varty Camp two years ago and had to bring the kids. My husband, brother and his girlfriend got to come with this time and I don’t think I have the words to be able to describe our experience. The land is beautiful, the animals incredible, the people so welcoming and the food and hospitality to die for!
Our tracker Rob (or as we knew him, Kokwana) has the best knowledge of everything from the big animals and cats to the beetles. Seeing his excitement over something he’s done for years was something else.
Bruce our ranger was so knowledgeable and so fun, accommodating, and patient. He joined in on our singing and jokes and we even got to dance one night at dinner with the ladies choir.
Helen, Simon and Cry showed us utmost hospitality and always with a smile. They greeted us post game drive, meal, or nap always wanting to know how we were doing.
Remind was the best, always keeping our drinks full with a smile and teaching us new words to add to our vocabulary.
Our room was beautiful and spacious and we spent lots of time in our dipping pool watching the elephants have a snack down below.
Today we left, and there was not a dry eye in the plane. The mood is a little sad because the trip is over, but our smiles and memories are constant.
We will never forget the laughs we shared with our family and staff, our bush finds (the leopards mating! The babies - elephant, giraffe, hippo, rhino, monkey! The mandzemu (dung beetle) fighting for their ball of dung! The cheetah, lions, python eating an impala, the buffalo rounding out our big 5, and many more), our dinner in the bush as an entire camp and our special more intimate one with just our family (and a roaring lion very close by!!).
We are sad to leave, but so excited for the memories we’ve made and experience we had. Thank you Londolozi for the trip of a lifetime.

And we will never forget the oxpecker.
Love,
Team Mandzemu

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Cruiser742256
londolozigamereserve, Public Relations Manager at Londolozi Founders Camp, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2018

Dear Team Mandzemu

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review of your stay with us at Founders Camp. I am so glad that the Founders family made you and yours feel so welcome and stirred emotionally when you left. I will most certainly pass your sentiments and feedback onto the team, but specifically Rob, Bruce, Helen, Simon Cry and Remind as they all love to hear such great feedback from our guests. I am delighted that the wildlife and wilderness experience was so good, and we really do hope that you and your family will be back to visit us again very soon for another visit to Founders Camp.

With Love,

Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

An experience better than a dream. A leopard with a set of hale and hardy triplets, a huge heard of Cape buffalo, a guide and tracker that located both plus lions, elephants, and a huge porcupine. Add to that. an astronomy lesson (finally located the pointer star, a portion of the southern cross, and Scorpio (thanks Shaun), cocktails on the rocks complete with flaming torches, roaring lions, flowing champagne, and yummy snacks was more than enough to take Awesome to a whole new level. But, there was more; wonderful, warm house staff, (Thank you T) time with Dave Varty, and elephants parading by at breakfast. We definitely fell in love.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear ChrisGuy10

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review of your trip with us. It sounds like you had an incredible wildlife experience, and that the beautiful wilderness of Londolozi truly delivered - stars, snacks, elephants and all!

I will most certainly pass your feedback onto the Founders team, as well as Shaun and Dave Varty, as they are always eager to hear feedback from our guests.

We do hope that you will come back and visit us all again soon.

With love,
Your Londolozi Family.

Reviewed October 30, 2017

Having just returned from a 5-day stay at the camp, I can confirm the one major problem with the Londozi: you will be totally deflated once you've left!
The accommodation is certainly first class given the context/environment within which it is set, with an extremely comfortable and spacious feel, coupled with high-end touches throughout and even the Wifi, whilst sometimes temperamental, is pretty good.
But it is the service that sets this place apart from the rest: from the second you arrive on the dirt track airport and are greeted by your rangers, you are made to feel like a member of the family.
That continues throughout your stay, with all managers and staff seeking to apply every possible nuance and small touch to provide a bespoke, personally-tailored level of enjoyment-- whether it is the particular drinks you want in your minibar, special food requests, making special birthdays (we had two whilst there) or simply knowing the names of your favourite books or football teams>
Helen and Christy are exceptional representatives as managers, ensuring all your requests and requirements are met, assisted by the incredibly charming, helpful and informative Simon and his team (Remind, Liberty and all the team are a true credit to the camp).
We had 6 children in our party but did not have to worry for a single second about ensuring they were having fun whilst not on drives: the kids club and the incredible Josephine saw to that.
Then there is the catering-- extremely high quality produce, flavorsome meals and highest quality throughout our stay. The lovely Sipho mostly looked after us-- and "looked after" is the key, trying to ensure all troublesome requirements were met when catering for so many. The wine selection went down pretty well too!
When it comes to the Safari drives themselves (early morning and sunset), the standards are in keeping: the Rangers and their trackers are a font of knowledge, essentially making you feel like you are a special inside observer on a Attenborough's latest doc. Our rangers were Andrea, assisted by Lucky "Lucks" the tracker, and John, with Mike his tracker. They were incredible-- we covered all the big 5 (lion, leopard, rhino, elephant and buffalo), an astonishing interaction between male and female leopard and Hyena, a sea of Buffalo and even rare Wild dog. Their knowledge is simply awe-inspiring and ability to source sighting opportunities exceptional.
All-in-all, this was a a fantastic trip with memories we will always cherish, and we will certainly be returning to the wonderful Londolozi (hopefully soon!).

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ASC123321
londolozigamereserve, Public Relations Manager at Londolozi Founders Camp, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2017

Dear ASC123321

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review. I am so glad that the trip was so memorable, and that you enjoyed all that Londolozi has to offer. I'm thrilled that the Founders Camp Team took such great care of you - I'll be passing on your feedback to them as they all love to hear it! I hope that the feeling of deflation subsides quickly, but that your memories live on for a very long time. We hope to welcome you all back again very soon for another visit.

Reviewed October 13, 2017

The other reviews tell everything about the wonderful rooms, the good food and wine, the thrilling game viewing, the extraordinarily helpful staff. I agree with the superlatives, and I am very glad I stayed here. But I will add one drawback to a stay here, and that is that it is difficult to access the facilities if you are mobility restricted. The rooms and the main building are built on a scarp, and cars approach and park on the plateau at the top. There is a steep path (lined with fires at night), with steps, and poor, unstable, discontinuous handrails down to the buildings. Staff rallied round to help me on my trips up and down - they used the African solution of several strong men, and carried me, so in spite of everything I accessed all that I needed. I did not attempt to access ancillary facilities in the complex, like the village tour or the shop, which are along an undulating path along the scarp. Staff did their absolute best to make up for my problem, and I am very grateful. But there is no getting away from the fact that access was a difficulty. I would go so far as to say that I would probably, reluctantly, choose other camps in Sabi Sands were I to go there again, in spite of the strong and undoubted attraction of everything else about my stay.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
londolozigamereserve, Public Relations Manager at Londolozi Founders Camp, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2017

Dear Cassini

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a thorough review. We are so glad that you did end up having a good time, and enjoyed Londolozi, and Founders Camp as a whole.

We appreciate your feedback on your struggle to get around and experience the camp and all the extra activities. I have passed your review onto our General Manager, and we will take all of your valid points into consideration for all future building and maintenance projects at Londolozi.

Thank you, again, for your review.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

Our room was fabulous. My wife and I had heard from friends of their great experience at Londolozi. We asked for Varty camp, but it was fully booked, so we settled on Founders camp and were very impressed. Our room, Room 2, was fabulous. Large king sized bed. wonderful sitting area and huge bathroom with tub and shower. Outside as a great private deck and a plunge pool. The service couldn't have been better and all guests were friendly and lacking pretensions. Our safari's were excellent. We saw all of the big five and were up close and personal with the animals. The food was really good, especially the meat. We would go back in a heart beat.

Room Tip: all rooms are good, offer great privacy and overlook areas where animals are on the move. some rooms, like ours, accommodate kids.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Sailorman130

Thank you so much for such a lovely review of your stay with us. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay, and we're delighted that you loved everything so much. We hope that you'll be back to visit us again soon!