Baluleni Safari Lodge(Balule Nature Reserve)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$266
  • Pool
Struwig Eko-Reserve(Balule Nature Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$66
  • Pool
Rio Dos Elefantes River Camp(Balule Nature Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$72
  • Breakfast included
Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge(Balule Nature Reserve)
US$467
US$428
  • Breakfast included
Sausage Tree Safari Camp(Balule Nature Reserve)
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Swadini A Forever Resort(Hoedspruit)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$43
US$42
  • Pool
Kapama River Lodge(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
US$1,075
  • Breakfast included
Kapama Buffalo Camp(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
US$866
Ximongwe Safaris(Balule Nature Reserve)
  • Pool
All reviewsour honeymoonthe riverpicnic lunchsafari experienceattention to detailspa treatmentswine cellargame lodgefood was amazingtree houseamazing experiencetravel agentmorning safarithe entire staffsouth africabush walkevery meal
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We spent the weekend at Pondoro to celebrate my sisters birthday. Lize and Robbie you get 5 out of 5 for service, food, excellent rooms, game drives and staff attitude and much more. I would highly recommend this lodge for couples who seek a romantic time out with all the luxuries of the South African Bush. Would definately go back especially to see the Mongoose!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2011

It was our honeymoon, they made it so special, with a dinner for two, flowers in the bedroom, champagne. Robbie (owner and ranger) knows allot of details concerning big game as well as small species. Allthough the Balule area is not so big, we saw quite allot of game. After this we also went to Sabi Sands, but their safari's were not that nice. Sabi Sands for us felt more commercial and american. Oh, and don't forget to mention the food at Pondoro, unbelievable good food! All fresh and 5 star. Nothing we didn't like at Pondoro, great lodge!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Our stay at the Pondoro Game Lodge was our last destination and the perfect ending of our honeymoon in South Africa! Everything was gorgeous - without exception: beautiful rooms, excellent food, great service, awesome game drives and lovely people.

Great Lodge for honeymooners!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Pondoro for a part of our honeymoon trip and I cannot say enough great things about this place! The owners, ranger, tracker and entire staff were so welcoming, the lodge itself was gorgeous and the game drives were the coolest thing we've ever done! This lodge just really gets it all right :) Oh also, the food was so so so good! I can't compete with these other reviews - everything they've said is right on!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I have been traveling to the continents in search of new adventures and my experience here at the Pondoro Game Lodge was unlike any other. The lodge was very clean and tastefully decorated. The whole place had a distinct charm. The dining area, bar and living room seemed like you were in a huge home. The people were warm, attentive, friendly and relaxed making the my stay very pleasant . The spa massages after exploring the bush was a superb treat. The menu selection was also exsquisite and meals were served by the the riverside which I found quite special. The highlights of course, were the early morning and late afternoon safaris to the wilderness anticipating the excitement of what can be seen and captured in the lens of the camera. Our trackers were knowledgeable, skillful, daring and yet cautious. They provided us with tons of information about almost everything we experienced. The "sundowners" which were the cocktails served in the middle of nowhere were an added treat with the South African sundown as the back drop to this special scenery. At the lodge, there was a tiny pool which blended so well with the surroundings and was a nice way to refresh after being under the heat of the sun.
The safari experience was full of surprises. It was a perfect combination of relaxation and excitement. Timing of activities were not rushed. I would definitely go back here with my family and hopefully soon.
My visit to Pondoro was actually in February but the option for this month did not show so I chose July which was the closest to February. The weather in February was perfect for this expedition.

Room Tip: Rooms have ample space.
  • Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends