Pondoro was at the end of great South Africa trip and we were not sure how that would turn out. But it exceeded all expectations. People - Robbie the GM and ranger is just too good,..calm...knowledgeable..hard working and very very patient. He made sure that all of us got to see what we wanted to see and it was real effort to find the elusive lions that day...But the icing on top was tracking the most beautiful leopard over 3 days protecting its kill...(see pics) Rul, the tracker was also too good..
Now for the room -- the suites are very beautiful and quite exotic as they open to the view of Olifants river.. Open air Jacuzi and shower and a viewing deck are all mind blowing...We stayed in Earth Lodge
Food was awesome, each day a different dish and my son's and my specific needs were especially looked after (we are not red meat eater and beef is totally out)..
All in all, we would definitely suggest Pondoro for an exclusive experience, this is the place...for a luxurious but personalised experience!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the cool riverine banks of the Olifants River (largest in Kruger) in the 40 000 ha Big 5 Balule Private Game Reserve inside the greater Kruger National Park, Pondoro offers its visitors comfort, sophistication, elegance and a canvas on which to create a truly unforgettable African safari.In this small, very exclusive 16-bed lodge ( owner managed ) you will discover the only way to experience the African bush. In addition to luxurious accommodation and the caring attention from trained professionals, our visitors are lavished upon with international fare and humble African hospitality.Meals are an extraordinary culinary experience where Traditional African Cuisine fuse effortlessly with modern European trends.To compliment the food, select any of our fine wines from our extensive wine cellar. Vegetarians are specially catered for. All meals are served on a wooden deck high up in the tree canopy overlooking the Olifants River (weather permitting).Between game drives in open safari cruisers, nature walks and peaceful afternoon naps, enjoy a dip in the sparkling rock pool, a spot of sun bathing or browse through the library. The Pondoro bar is the ideal spot to quench your thirst and grab a snack. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pondoro Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pondoro Game Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Pondoro Game Lodge South Africa/Balule Nature Reserve