My wife, daughter and I had a fantastic experience spending 5 days at Pondoro and wish we could have stayed for another 25! The staff and accomodation were amazing and second to none. Robbie & Lize were wonderful hosts, Eric (our guide) and Sam (our tracker) were great on our daily rides (very knowledgable and willing to go anywhere in the 4x4 to find the Game) and the restaurant served exceptional meals and the service top notch.
We saw the Big 5 twice over, a black rhino decided to charge our 4x4, a leopard eating its kill within 2 metres of us, a lioness drinking at the Tree House watering hole (try the picnic at the watering hole), cheetahs, Cape buffalo, elephants by the dozen, the list could go on and on.
I would recommend Pondoro to everyone and we hope to return one day. Thanks to everyone at Pondoro for a wonderful time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the cool riverine banks of the Olifants River (largest in Kruger) in the 40 000 ha Big 5 Balule Private Game Reserve inside the greater Kruger National Park, Pondoro offers its visitors comfort, sophistication, elegance and a canvas on which to create a truly unforgettable African safari.In this small, very exclusive 16-bed lodge ( owner managed ) you will discover the only way to experience the African bush. In addition to luxurious accommodation and the caring attention from trained professionals, our visitors are lavished upon with international fare and humble African hospitality.Meals are an extraordinary culinary experience where Traditional African Cuisine fuse effortlessly with modern European trends.To compliment the food, select any of our fine wines from our extensive wine cellar. Vegetarians are specially catered for. All meals are served on a wooden deck high up in the tree canopy overlooking the Olifants River (weather permitting).Between game drives in open safari cruisers, nature walks and peaceful afternoon naps, enjoy a dip in the sparkling rock pool, a spot of sun bathing or browse through the library. The Pondoro bar is the ideal spot to quench your thirst and grab a snack. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pondoro Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pondoro Game Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Pondoro Game Lodge South Africa/Balule Nature Reserve