We recently stayed at Pondoro for 3 nights. It exceeded every expectation we had. From the pick up at the airport by Raymond we knew we had made a wise choice. We stayed in the tree suite which was beautiful and clean. Not even a single bug! We had an amazing view of the Oliphant river and woke up to the sights and sounds of hippos every morning. Our ranger and tracker were fabulous and stopped at nothing to make sure we saw every animal. The service staff went above and beyond at every meal! On mother's day we had dinner river side and they performed a music and drum show for us. The best part was watching them have fun while entertaining their guests. The food was incredible!!!! The best food we had in all of South Africa. They also had wonderful bottles of wine at a very reasonable price. I cannot say enough about our wonderful experience. BOOK THIS PLACE! You will not be disappointed. Thank you Robbie, Raymond, Michele and the rest of the staff at pondoro for making us feel pampered and comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the cool riverine banks of the Olifants River (largest in Kruger) in the 40 000 ha Big 5 Balule Private Game Reserve inside the greater Kruger National Park, Pondoro offers its visitors comfort, sophistication, elegance and a canvas on which to create a truly unforgettable African safari.In this small, very exclusive 16-bed lodge ( owner managed ) you will discover the only way to experience the African bush. In addition to luxurious accommodation and the caring attention from trained professionals, our visitors are lavished upon with international fare and humble African hospitality.Meals are an extraordinary culinary experience where Traditional African Cuisine fuse effortlessly with modern European trends.To compliment the food, select any of our fine wines from our extensive wine cellar. Vegetarians are specially catered for. All meals are served on a wooden deck high up in the tree canopy overlooking the Olifants River (weather permitting).Between game drives in open safari cruisers, nature walks and peaceful afternoon naps, enjoy a dip in the sparkling rock pool, a spot of sun bathing or browse through the library. The Pondoro bar is the ideal spot to quench your thirst and grab a snack. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pondoro Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pondoro Game Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Pondoro Game Lodge South Africa/Balule Nature Reserve