New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Ramada Ruidoso Downs

Ramada Ruidoso Downs
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Ruidoso Downs
Austin, Texas
“Not the place to stay in Ruidoso”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

This hotel is not maintained well. Our kids swam in the pool and then sat in the hot tub. The bubbles in the hot tub were brown, so we told our kids to get out. The hallways were freezing cold and the manager on duty told us that was the owner's way of saving money. The first room we were in leaked water from the ceiling onto one of the beds. We were switched to an 'upgrade' that also leaked in the corners. Rooms were not cleaned well. Hair on the bathroom floor. When we checked out we almost slipped on the ice on the sidewalk because it was not iced. We were not given any type of credit for the water that leaked onto our clothes from the ceiling or for having to move to another room that only had one bed. The pull out bed was not comfortable. Owner/Manager was also rude.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

At one time it could have been a nice hotel but the owner does not maintain the hotel. Free breakfast was lacking, coffee tasted like water, hallways were freezing. Ceilings were crumbling and poorly patched. Bathtub and sink wouldn't drain. Beds were hard. Newspapers out of date. Ice on the sidewalk was treacherous. Owner was rude. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011

Travellers are raving about these Ruidoso Downs hotels

Las Cruces, nm
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

Went online to check availability and rates, came up showing room available and the rate was $69.99, called the 800-number. They found the site at tripadvisor.com but according to the operator the room would now be at a rate of $130. + tax for one night to which I replied that the $130. a night rate was not acceptable as I was looking right at the $69.99 and that I wouldn't book it at the higher rate. She said that her computer system was not coming up and that she was sorry but that she could only book me for the higher rate to which I replied no thanks, I believe that maybe the managers of the Ramada would like to know that they may be wasting their advertising money on tripadvisor.com as this site was useless. The Ramada Inn is loosing customers for this place.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Albuquerque
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2010

This hotel was in a very convenient location since it was on the main highway and close to The Downs and car show. It was very clean, and the people were extremely nice and very helpful. I enjoyed my swim in the pool that was clean with tables and chairs around it. We took advantage of their free breakfast but I wouldn’t recommend it. I have never eaten cold pancakes (there was a microwave and toaster) or hard boiled eggs already peeled. The room was clean and the coffee was good. The next morning we went out for breakfast. Also, the ice machine was broken. Overall, my stay was pleasant.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MsSonshine
North America
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2010

We stayed here Valentines weekend and nothing worked in the room. There was no heat in room. I asked the manager to adjust the room since we froze all night and I am still waiting to here from him. I have already left him 5 messages and he will not respond. I gues I paid for a room that was like sleeping in my vehicle at 27 degrees. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LucasNorthAmerica
austin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2010

Rooms were dirty..housekeeping was poor. The owner/manager was rude and making false accusation. He was making loud comments in the hallways!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank aussammy
Waco, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2009

We traveled to Ruidoso for my son's wedding with his aunt, his 88 year old grandmother in a wheelchair, and 98 year old great-grandmother who uses a walker. We reserved two handicapped rooms through hotels.com because it was the phone number that came up on an internet search.

The week of the trip I called direct to the Ramada to ask about getting a meeting room and was told they didn't have one. At the same time I had them confirm my two handicapped rooms, which they did. When we arrived we were told we only had one handicapped room and one king room. They blamed hotels.com even though I insisted that they verified having my reservation correct 4 days before. Was told nothing could be changed because it was a hotels.com reservation! One that should have been correct!

Of course there were no more hc or even double rooms available so we had two horrible nights and some hurt feelings because of the mix-up. They did offer us a large suite (1 king bed and a couch) for my husband and I and great-grandmother! Then the handicapped bar above the toilet was barely attached and fell. Luckily, no one was hurt.

The rooms were clean, the breakfast adequate, and the manager did try to help. We made do.. but what a horrible thing for such a special weekend.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1.1 km away
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#9 of 23 in Ruidoso

Been to Ramada Ruidoso Downs? Share your experiences!