Kambaku Safari Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Kapama Karula(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
Excellent 5/5
Kapama Southern Camp(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
Excellent 5/5
Kapama Buffalo Camp(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
Excellent 5/5
Kapama River Lodge(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Kurhula Wildlife Lodge(Balule Nature Reserve)
Excellent 5/5
Toro Yaka Bush Lodge(Balule Nature Reserve)
  • Pool
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsgame drivestracker ericbedtime storywatering holewonderful hospitalitywild dogswater holeother guestssolar powerthree daysan amazing experiencesouth africawhite liontimbavati reservedinner tablemaking us feelexceeded our expectations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 November 2011

This was the most amazing holiday experience I have had and I have travelled far and wide. The staff were friendly, helpful, knowledgable and caring. The food was all delicious and Krystal shared the recipies with us. Yum, yum! I have tried them at home and they bring back such wonderful memories. The accommodation was perfect. Words cannot explain the feeling of being in the bush in an open landrover watching majestic elephants, gangly giraffes (a 1 week old baby- gorgeous). We saw the Big 5 and so much more. I still can't believe how fortunate we were to see the white lion from the Giraffe Pride. In fact I am still dreaming about it. I want to go back. The best word I can find to explain the experience of seeing animals in the wild is spiritual. I have told everyone since I have been home that an African safari is a number one on the bucket list and Kambaku is the place to do it. Enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fiona L
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We had an outstanding holiday, the hospitality was beyond fabulous, the food was the best we had on our entire two week African adventure, accommodations marvelous, the safari drives unbelievable, the guide and tracker so knowledgeable, we would have stayed longer if we knew how wonderful Kambaku and the Kambaku family were…no detail overlooked, just an over the top brilliant adventure! Thank you for making our holiday so special, unforgettable…for a truly exceptional adventure! For the BEST of the BEST…go…enjoy!

Room Tip: Any room is fabulous...speaking from experience the honeymoon suite was simply lovely!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Kambuka was just what I was looking for. The safaris in the morning and evening revealed all the bush had to offer from elephants to all the big cats- the guides were excellent. I saw everything!!! including the Cheetahs, Leopards, Lions and their cubs..an ostrich running through the bush, honey badgers (under-rated animals- very cool !), Janet, Sivet, Rhino and all the usuals like elephant, Giraffe, Zebra, impala (macca's) ...all on mass. The bush was magic. I stayed for 4 days and it felt like weeks as it was so relaxing and comfortable. The food was excellent and the all the staff constantly excelled in their service and friendliness to all the guests. This is a good way to see alot in a short period of time as they traverse the bush (off the track) and are able to get close to the animals. I had a pretty ordinary camera and was amazed by my photos. I was traveling on my own and it certainly felt welcoming and inclusive which is something that is great when on your own. The meals (ALL) were fabulous, perfectly cooked roast beef and pork, delicious vegetables plus fabulous desserts. It was all so fresh - I still rave about the roast beef!!. Tanya, John and their team are wonderful hosts and full of interesting stories about both the bush and South Africa. I wish the Kambaku owners and team all the success for this wonderful lodge. Highly recommended and really quite reasonably priced for the service, meals and the safari's you are getting.

Room Tip: I got a lovely one - called Shingdwazi(Spelling? not sure)
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Mands_40
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Believe it, Kambaku is that good. Krystle, Richard and Albert could not have done it better. Albert is a Legend, spotted a leopard in thick bush with a spotlight at night, absolutely amazing. Saw a white lion, I could go on but you will have to see for yourself. Not to mention the accomadation, food and hospitality exceeded expectations.

Room Tip: All are really good.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Tanya, John, Moshe, Eric, and Kambaku family - thank you so much for sharing your "home" with us. You spoiled all of us rotten! We had terrific game drives (loved seeing the 3-4 week old baby white lion!) and such a relaxing time in between drives. The food was superb, and your company was even better! Evenings by paraffin lamps were so quaint and gave our evenings such ambience! We will be making your special date bars soon - I bought 2 packages of Marie Biscuits in Jo-burg! Thank you again so much for the best time ever! You are so lucky to have such beauty and peaceful surroundings! God Bless you all!

Liz and Maddie Titus (part of the Crary Family clan)

Room Tip: each room was spectacular - room #3 had a step down into the bathroom, so be careful in the dark!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family