One of the best travel experiences. The owners and entire staff were spectacular. They were warm and friendly from moment we arrived until the second we departed. We were very sad to leave Kambuka. Everything leading up to the trip with planning via email was smooth. Every detail of our stay was taken care of and all we needed to do was listen to the drum beat to know when it was time to eat or ride.
Saw the BIG FIVE and more. We have fantastic close up shots of the big five plus giraffes, zebras, impalas, and more. We know there are no guarantees but the guides did a great job searching for the animals. Even more important was the education they provided our family. Not only on the habits of the animals and birds but also showing us their tracks.
The guest rooms were clean, large and very comfortable. It was wonderful coming back to the room at the end of the day and finding a candy, bedtime story, and the beds ready for a good night sleep.
Setting was magnificant. How often can you be reading on your back porch and have an elephant walk through to take a drink at the watering hole. Just listening to the sounds of the bush during the meals which are all in open air settings was inspiring.
The food was wonderful, cooked and served by thoughtful staff. Each meal was in a different place in the lodge either in the main lodge which is open air or out under the South African sky with a warm fire. The staff even went out of their way to offer us, their american guests a Thanksgiving meal complete with a song about family and a bottle of champagne.
Overall, we were thrilled with our experience at Kambaku. It offers a great lodge, safaris into the bush, hospitality, a sense of family, and a great value for the price. We look forward to our next visit and spending more time exploring the bush with Kambaku.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kambaku Safari Lodge is nestled in the heart of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, which can be found within the world renowned Greater Kruger National Park.The camp is well situated in this unspoilt natural wilderness area, home to an astonishing array of animals including the Big 5. Kambaku provides the ultimate escape from busy schedules, with eight well appointed thatched chalets overlooking our own private waterhole.Attracting guests from around the world, Kambaku offers superior standards in all of our facilities yet always maintaining a high level of environmental consciousness. Our dedicated staff will cater to the individual needs of our guests making for a truly memorable stay. With scrumptious bush cuisine in a relaxed, rustic setting our guests can truly unwind and immerse themselves in the restorative powers of nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, South African Hotels, Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Kambaku Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kambaku Safari Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Kambaku Safari Lodge South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve