I won a trip to Motswari and can honestly say it was one of the most magical places I have ever been. From the moment we arrived, we were treated superbly and all the staff were always on hand to help. The game drives (the highlight for me) were incredibly informative and definitely lived up to my expectations. We saw the big 5 within 2 drives and I couldn't believe how close we actually got to the animals, I even had to ask our guide to move further back as I had a zoom lens on my camera and all I could see were eyes at one point :-)
Dinner in the boma was superb, you sit with the same people that you go on drives with as well as your guide. This allows you to get to know one another and the guides definitely have some interesting stories to keep you entertained and of course the food was fantastic!
All in all, I can't praise Motswari enough. I really didnt want to leave and can say they honestly believe in their slogan and go out of their way to achieve it. "Arrive as a visitor, leave as a friend."
I will definitely go back to Motswari and would recommend it to everyone. Thanks for making our trip so enjoyable.....see you soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open to the Kruger National Park and playing host to Africa's Big Five is Motswari Private Game Reserve. One of South Africa's jewels nestled within the Timbavati Nature Reserve, this family-owned and operated four-star luxury safari lodge prides itself on its warm atmosphere and luxurious accommodation.The name Motswari means "to conserve and protect" in Tswana and the owners have held the name to be a promise to each of their future friends who arrive to share in the splendour of an African sunset at this vintage bush lodge.The 150 square kilometres that make up the reserve are part of the greater Kruger Park and guests will be treated to wildlife in their natural habitats as part of their unforgettable experience of Southern Africa. Ideally situated and exclusive, Motswari Private Game Reserve holds the best of everything for the traveller to the untamed majesty that is Africa.If you’re looking for a relaxed atmosphere, peaceful communion with nature and a private experience on a traditional African game farm, this holiday location is for you!Morning and evening game drives in open Land Rovers with professional field guides and trackersMid morning bush walks * Safari walks in lieu of morning game drives guided by armed field guidesOvernight bush hiking and camping sleep-out experience for groups of 4 with experienced guides*Hide sleep-outs in the Motswari Game Reserve*Swimming pool*Boma & bush dinners*Pre-lunch safari interest talks*Curio shop at Motswari Game Lodge*Brunch, high tea (late lunch) and dinner*Library and Art Gallery with 24-hour internet facility at Motswari Game Lodge*Fully equipped air-conditioned conference room for 20 delegates at Motswari Game Lodge*An additional vehicle plus guide can be arranged for an extra cost per day and covers 2 game drives per day ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Motswari Private Game Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motswari Private Game Reserve Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Motswari Private Game Reserve South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve