Have just finished our 4night Safari staying at Impodimo game lodge (mid September)
This lodge was not recommended to me by anyone, I just happened to choose it from a list of possible of luxury lodges that were on the game reserve and I struck lucky for a number of reasons, the first and most important one were the game drives themselves.
One must realise that seeing the Big 5, Magnificent 7 is not a 'given', but at Impodimo, unlike some lodges, you have both a ranger and a spotter on all vehicles. This improves your chances at sighting animals as you have two pairs of 'expert' eyes to look for them.
The other reason was the rest of the staff could not do enough to make your stay enjoyable.
The lodge, accommodation, food, massages, location etc were all top class.
Go and experience it for yourselves.
Thank you all at Impodimo
From the Pages & Zarpaks x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a rugged dolomite ridge overlooking a vast African wilderness, you will find a hidden treasure called Impodimo. Taken from the Tswana words Mpho Dimo, Impodimo means a gift from God, and is truly a slice of heaven on earth. Rise in the morning to an African dawn and enjoy an early morning game drive with your dedicated professional ranger. Relax as your ranger guides you through the bush on a custom made open Land Rover, searching out the Big 5 or the smaller secrets of nature. Set out on a foot safari with your armed ranger and learn the secrets of tracking African game or just enjoy the trees, birds and stunning scenery. Return from the excitement of the bush to a sumptuous breakfast or brunch and then relax at the pool or the sala overlooking the waterhole where game may come to quench their thirst. In the afternoon, when the heat of the African sun has diminished and the shadows are longer, head out again on a sundowner safari, where you will stop to watch the sun set on this bushveld paradise and enjoy your favourite sundowner drink. Once the sun has set and darkness descends, set off again for a night safari where the more nocturnal creatures now rule the bush. Return to the lodge where you will be treated to the finest Pan-African cuisine with your hosts in the open air boma, and share your days adventures, while you enjoy a night cap around the fire. Impodimo Game Lodge is set along a rocky ridge commanding stunning vistas of the reserve. It is also located at the source of a natural spring, which provides the lodge with elevated views as well as riverine serenity. The lodge offers dawn and dusk safaris. The safaris are carefully timed to ensure optimal seasonal comfort. Whilst Impodimo has 10 suites, its capacity is 16 guests. Each of the suites have been carefully positioned to ensure absolute privacy. Spacious in design, each includes a closed system fireplace, climate control air conditioner, mini bar fridge, tea & coffee making facilities and full en-suite bathroom and outside shower. Your private deck allows uninterrupted views of the Madikwe Game Reserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, South African Hotels, Travelocity.ca, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Impodimo Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Impodimo Game Hotel Madikwe Game Reserve
- Impodimo Game Lodge South Africa/Madikwe Game Reserve