All reviews tracker sam swimming pool watering hole wild dogs high tea outdoor shower water hole other guests safari experience family suite elephants coming the reserve morning drive game lodge cape buffalo after dark water buffalo
Reviewed September 24, 2017

My husband and I stayed at Impodimo for 4 nights in early September - I have always wanted to do an African safari and our experience at Impodimo was everything I had hoped for and more. We saw all of the Big 5, and we saw them up so close you could almost reach out and touch them (though obviously, you should never do that). Our guide Tyrone and our tracker Sam were fantastic - they work great as a team to follow tracks etc. and locate hard to find animals like the African Wild Dogs. Tyrone knows tons of interesting facts about all of the animals - he can answer all your questions in detail (and I tend to have a lot of questions), plus he adds insightful thoughts about the animals psychology & interactions together that I appreciated as well. My husband and I were continuously impressed by their ability to predict the animals movements and thus get our jeep into the perfect position to get the most out of our time w/ each animal and to take the best picture. From the first game drive you realize that both Tyrone & Sam are very well versed in what they do - we always felt very safe and certain that they had everything under control, even when we were very, very close to the animals.

The lodge itself was wonderful - great decor and spaces to hang out in the common areas. The staff were all very friendly and efficient at their jobs. The food is FANTASTIC - great variety and superbly prepared. I cannot eat dairy and they did a wonderful job accommodating my special food needs. We stayed in Cabin 1, which seems to be one of the best rooms, as it is situated directly in front of the water hole. The room is very spacious and the adjoining bathroom is large as well, with both an indoor and an outdoor shower. My favorite part was the huge deck that overlooks the water hole - during the afternoon free time every day I could sit and watch elephants, giraffe, wart hogs, kudu etc... stroll by for a drink.

Overall, our stay at Impodimo was one of the most amazing experiences we have ever had while traveling and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Cabin 1 has a direct view of the water hole and it gets a good Wifi signal
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2017

We stayed for 4 night in mid August. We stayed in the family suite which is amazing. Stunning view towards Botswana and over the watering hole. Staff and service iare brilliant....nothing too much trouble. Food is really good and plentiful. Drinks really inexpensive. Good wine selection. Kids aged 10 and 12 had a great time. They will remember it for ever. Lots of special moments on safari! Tye and Sam were brilliant guiding and spotting for us. Really knowledgeable and great company. The kids loved learning the tracks and poo types. Made for great fun. The morning and evening safari stops will live long in the memory - some amazing places. You have to pinch yourself!
We saw all the animals apart from the elusive wild dogs. An amazing experience with an inquisitive rhino coming up to the truck and 70+ elephants playing in the mud.
The team arranged a special day trip for the family and the grandparents, taking special care of my mother who struggles with mobility.
Thoroughly recommend Impodimo. Not sure what to do next after a holiday that good.
Thanks for making memories...the Gordons.

Room Tip: Best rooms overlook the waterhole.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank andyjgordon
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights at the lodge. The service is amazing. Staff is great. However, thebest are the two daily safari tours with your ranger and tracker. The game reserve includes the big five and I also saw them. Highly recommended place. Trank you!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2017

We stayed here for 4 nights at the end of august and we had an amazing experience. It was everything we hoped for and more! We were lucky enough to be paired with Sam & Tyrone for our drives and were lucky enough to see pretty much all the animals we wanted to see except the leopard, which we looked hard for. Tyrone was able to answer pretty much every question we had about animals and more... We always felt safe and taken care of. The lodge was super nice as well. All the staff were super friendly and always had a smile on their face! The food was DELICIOUS and plentiful. The rooms were large, beds were comfortable, and the outdoor shower was incredible. It was very relaxing to spending the afternoons on our porch reading a book and looking for animals. The only thing I have to say is wine at dinner is NOT included but they never mentioned anything to us every night when we ordered - never saw a wine list with prices or anything so we were a little shocked to see our final bill. Overall, a great experience and we cannot wait to return again one day!

Room Tip: Ask for one by the watering hole - rooms 1-3
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2017

What can I say more than SUPERB about our experience at Impodimo? Beside all you will get during the days at this lodge, the most is the staff and how are they taking care about you. I was there with 5 kids and they enjoyed as never the lodge and the drives. Special mention to Rohan and Dicklan (our rangers) and Sam and Lotsie (deputy rangers)!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family